Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:48 PM
K&B K&B started this thread

6 posts, read 22,569 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! My husband and I and our 2 young children are thinking about moving to Florida. After all my reseach about the different areas, my brain is in over load. If someone can please give me some ideas on a good area. We are looking for kid & family place that is safe, where they are not racist b/c we are africian american, price is not a problem, and please a no major hurricane or flood area. So far I like Land O' Lakes, can someone please help!!!!!

Last edited by K&B; 01-05-2009 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: add more to message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 02:33 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
L O' L's is a nice area. You can also check Wesley Chapel and Trinity which are in the same vicinity. Trinity is a little further west but not too far.

It is a bit inland and hurricanes have not been a major problem there. You will get some storms come through and there is always the chance of the big one but overall should not have a problem.

Schools are pretty good in most of those areas but with that wide an area you just need to make sure which schools you are zoned for before settling on any place.

If you want a little more property you can look about 30 minutes north of there in my neck of the woods. There are some houses on larger parcels down that way but not as many to choose from.

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:57 PM

Thank you for the info Mike, LOL seem like the best for my family. Can you give me some more info on Trinity? I did some research on Wesley Chapel but was scared by the amount of register sex offender

Old 01-06-2009, 05:21 AM

If you stayed on SR 54 heading west you would come to Trinity near Little Road.
It is a relatively large community with all the shopping around it you could need.
I believe the Pasco County Sheriff also lives in Trinity.
The schools for Trinity are very good.
Here is a website for Trinity.
http://www.hometowntrinity.com/
When were you thinking of making the move?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:28 AM

This year, we are considering renting a home for a year so we can get a feel of an area. Then we are going to buy a new home when we decide on a good place. We are from Philly,(live here all our lives) so this is a really big and scary move for us. That's why I want to make sure everything is right for my family.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with Trinity, L o' L or Wesley Chapel if you are in one of the newer developments and most of the developments are newer.

Rental rates are also very good right now.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:16 PM

19 posts, read 51,100 times
Sarasota RULZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Old 01-07-2009, 04:49 AM

Can you tell me about Sarasota?

Old 01-08-2009, 05:35 AM

151 posts, read 798,901 times
There is a member (or two) from Philly who just relocated to Odessa, which is between LOL and Trinity. Very nice area, too, and close to the Suncoast (for getting around). I loved the Trinity area, and it is new-ish as far as little shops and restaurants, and a quiet area sort of tucked away from the hustle and bustle, however the bigger stuff, Targets, HD, Lowes, malls, are NOT nearby. Just a bit of a drive, but definitely not a quick run to grab something. FWIW.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:09 PM

156 posts, read 493,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K&B View Post
did some research on Wesley Chapel but was scared by the amount of register sex offender
Welcome to Florida! Home of the sex offenders!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay