Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 07:20 PM

428 posts, read 1,242,953 times

Advertisements

We're going to be closing on a house in the next few weeks and a few appliances will be needed- a refrigerator and washer/dryer.

I've been checking major web sites like Sears, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Most of the models have a several week lag time of when you order and when they can be delivered to your home or the store for pickup.

The greater Tampa area is obviously huge. There has to be some place that stocks a good selection of appliances? In particular, I'm looking for a counter-depth fridge, stainless steel, nothing too exotic ($2000 price range.)

I've heard about the Sears outlet in Pinellas somewhere, which is where we are. Are they any good? Anybody know of any other options? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 09:26 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
The Sears Outlet is good if you're not too picky. The store on Park Blvd in St Pete is the largest, I think. Store locations and more at searsoutlet.com.

You might also want to look at Famous Tate, they have a website and several stores in the area, too. Good selection and prices. Make sure you color-match the appliances if you choose different manufacturers. I've seen a lot of miss-match. Maybe it makes no difference to you, but it will for re-sale purposes.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:55 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
I second Famous Tate.. They have good prices. We got our washer, dryer and stove from them.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:05 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Best Buy?

Old 06-21-2009, 12:30 PM

Cool, thanks. Will check out Famous Tate and the Sears Outlet. While it is true that HD, Lowes, and BB all probably have some stuff available for quick delivery, my pet peeve is that it is hard to see this online. I wish you could just filter by things that could be delivered in a week or less.

Hmm, color matching.... I have in fact noticed that there are different looks to stainless steel. Some seem matte, others clear coated, others "brushed", etc. Not sure how to qualify this though because most are marketed as just "stainless steel." Best bet is to just eyeball it, I suppose?

Old 07-03-2009, 08:12 PM

Hey guys, thanks for recommending Famous Tate. We went to the South Tampa store and got what we needed today. The salesmen were nice and not pushy and they know their stuff! They have a large local warehouse so delivery is quick.

Their prices really are good- it is nice not to worry about overpaying... that is always a fear I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: