Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 06:40 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
I guess I'll look again, but I went to the local chapter of the Alabama Vocational Rehab Center, and the counselor I spoke with said that he did not have any experience with ASD but could help me if I had some kind of depressive disorder. I have been depressed, understandably, but that's not the main issue. I applied with them anyway but never heard from anyone.
I bet that the person that you met with was either very new, or very burned out or was just having a very bad day. Obviously he never even checked to see if other counselors at the Rehab Center had experience with ASD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This is the most important thing in your life whether you realize it or not. Sleep on their doorstep if you have to. Stop making excuses. That post is chock full of resources, it wasn't just one, and that poster spent a long time getting you those resources, and you say "I guess" I'll look again?
kmb, you have made post after post on C-D and many, many people have given you great advice yet you never seem to follow up on anything.

Unless you get some professional employment help and professional counseling help I predict that you will continue to have the very same problems ten years from now...and twenty years from now...and thirty years from now. Do you really want to be 50 or 60 or 70 years old and look back on your life and realize that you never had a successful job, never had a successful relationship, never had a successful anything in your life?

bay_girl spent a lot of time and effort checking out recourses for you, a complete stranger, the least that you can do is follow through actively and completely on those resources.

No excuses, get out and do something to change your life for the better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 03:35 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,580,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I bet that the person that you met with was either very new, or very burned out or was just having a very bad day. Obviously he never even checked to see if other counselors at the Rehab Center had experience with ASD.

kmb, you have made post after post on C-D and many, many people have given you great advice yet you never seem to follow up on anything.

Unless you get some professional employment help and professional counseling help I predict that you will continue to have the very same problems ten years from now...and twenty years from now...and thirty years from now. Do you really want to be 50 or 60 or 70 years old and look back on your life and realize that you never had a successful job, never had a successful relationship, never had a successful anything in your life?

bay_girl spent a lot of time and effort checking out recourses for you, a complete stranger, the least that you can do is follow through actively and completely on those resources.

No excuses, get out and do something to change your life for the better!

Sometimes it just feels hopeless, though.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:40 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Yes, it may seem hopeless, at times, but you need to move forward.

Many people have difficult lives but get up each day and try to improve their lives. They put one foot in front of the other and keep on moving.

I won't go into details but I have faced daunting odds, numerous times, in my life and have continued to work to overcome my & my families difficulties. At times my situation & life was so terrible and hopeless that it has caused experienced, hardened, calloused, male medical doctors to start crying actual tears when I shared my complete story with them. And this has happened several times over the last twenty years with different doctors so it was not a "one time fluke". (kmb, if you are curious about my recent heart breaking problems with daunting odds visit the Caregivers Forum).

kmb, having autism is not the end of the world. You can survive and you can have a successful life. But, you have to work for change. You have to move forward. Even if you do just one tiny little thing each and every day to improve your life you need to do that.

Yes, it may seem hopeless, at times, but you need to move forward. Log out of C-D and do something right now to help improve your life.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:29 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times
Quote:
The first thing you have to do is get a diagnosis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching