Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 11:59 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
But the average Joe doesn't get an 8 week break to look forward to in the summer time, or two weeks around every Christmas, and a week in late winter and a week in the spring and a lot of three day weekends. I'd gladly work more hours for 195 days a year in order to have a big two month vacation every summer. And the average Joe doesn't work in a job that they feel called to or that they have a passion for.
An 8 week break... as I said in a prior post... teacher are forced to work over the summer to make up for that loss of a paycheck for those 8 weeks... wt. tables, bartend, camp, tutor, or teach summer school... if the Avg Joe doesn't like his job, or FEEL CALLED to it, perhaps he should switch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Do you even bother to read everything you respond to before you stroke your key board ?

As I said, I AM A READING TEACHER, and I do it quite well, thank you ever so much... however, I do focus my attention to parts of a post I feel more important than others... kind of like Math and Scienc I guess...

Old 07-23-2008, 12:01 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I wish people could live a month in the shoes of a teacher and realize how hard it actually is.... some people are too closeminded I guess to put themselves in another's shoes and realize things aren't always "Peachy Keen" in TEACHER LAND As a CERTIFIED NYS K-12 ART/READING Teacher (have my masters and can teach both) I find some of these comments absolutely obnoxious....
No one has said teaching is cakewalk thru the park. Show me anyone has said that, maybe I just missed it. But is it as hard as what the person building your new home in the heat of the afternoon sun is?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I can tell you don't know much about owning property, do you? .
I think you misunderstood/MISREAD the tone of their post... I think it was meant to be sarcastic...

Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
No one has said teaching is cakewalk thru the park. Show me anyone has said that, maybe I just missed it. But is it as hard as what the person building your new home in the heat of the afternoon sun is?
Depends on how many coffee/cig breaks that person has taken and if they actually enjoy the heat and work they do, now doesn't it?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
As I said, I AM A READING TEACHER, and I do it quite well, thank you ever so much... however, I do focus my attention to parts of a post I feel more important than others... kind of like Math and Scienc I guess...
And I have a great respect for what you do. One of my grandkids had a hard time with his reading and a reading teacher worked with him and today he is doing much better because of her. And grandmother makes all three them read everyday even on this summer break.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I think you misunderstood/MISREAD the tone of their post... I think it was meant to be sarcastic...
Ok...sorry about that....

Quote:
And I have a great respect for what you do. One of my grandkids had a hard time with his reading and a reading teacher worked with him and today he is doing much better because of her. And grandmother makes all three them read everyday even on this summer break.
Yet as a reading teacher I deserve a fraction of what a Science teacher gets?

11,642 posts, read 23,913,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Which is still 45 work days more than teachers work.
Yeah-but it's not HALF as many days which is what the OP used to initiate the thread.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Depends on how many coffee/cig breaks that person has taken and if they actually enjoy the heat and work they do, now doesn't it?

The ones I know/knew had a crew boss watching over them so there probably weren't to many coffee or cig breaks. And the heat is only fun in Texas when you are fishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching