Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2007, 07:25 PM

1,697 posts, read 6,803,955 times

Advertisements

to TN and for those who are contemplating a move to our fair state.

Handy collection of info from the State of Tennessee:
Moving to Tennessee

Counties & Cities of TN

Travel & Recreation

Tennesse Landscape Photos

Some of TN's more unusual or offbeat tourist attractions:
Tennessee Tourist Attractions

Two excellent resources for those interested in Tennessee's history & culture:
Tennessee Encyclopedia of History and Culture

TNGenNet, Inc. TNGenWeb Project, Tennessee Genealogy at its best.

For those who enjoy the outdoors, this online book is a remarkable resource that I've used dozens of times:
The Longstreet Highroad Guide to the Tennessee Mountains

Two lists of TN festivals & events:
Tennessee Festivals and Fairs, Vendors and Entertainers, free event listings

Southern Living Travel and Vacations: Events Calendar: Tennessee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 07:49 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,699,470 times
Thanks. Your links provide a wealth of information for people such as myself who hope to retire in Tennessee.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:00 PM

315 posts, read 1,006,111 times
Thanks for the info. I really love the people of Tenn. I can't wait to get up there.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,314,459 times
Default and in North East TN...

If you are looking for some fun things to do while you visit our area, here are some ideas in Kingsport.

Fun Fest 2007 - July 13-21 - Kingsport,TN

Summer Concerts in Downtown Kingsport (http://www.gotricities.net/broadstreetproductions/ - broken link)

Kingsport might not be big and fancy, but the folks there sure know how to have a good time.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:02 AM

5 posts, read 12,963 times
Thanks for the info. We're planning on moving up there early next year. This definetly helps.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:23 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,132,290 times
Thumbs up Thanks for all of these great links.

Thanks, kamoshika and mbmouse. I am getting a wonderful library of Tennessee websites of places to go and great things to do on our visits to TN (with many more to come). And, so much to learn and explore!

The history sites are particularly interesting to my husband and I because, although we are both history buffs, we did not know that much about TN's history as a single entity - only as a part of the US. This is so helpful and great fun to be involved this way in what we hope will be our new home.

Thanks to all.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:15 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,314,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
Thanks, kamoshika and mbmouse. I am getting a wonderful library of Tennessee websites of places to go and great things to do on our visits to TN (with many more to come). And, so much to learn and explore!

The history sites are particularly interesting to my husband and I because, although we are both history buffs, we did not know that much about TN's history as a single entity - only as a part of the US. This is so helpful and great fun to be involved this way in what we hope will be our new home.

Thanks to all.
Hi gemthornton,
If you like the history things in TN, check out this site Mid Town Shuttle (http://www.downtownkingsport.org/Default.aspx?tabid=83 - broken link)
then across the top you will see a tab that says "Things to do", float down to tours and check out the "Heritage Trail" Lots of great history stuff there on Kingsport which was an instrumental town with getting merchandise out to the souther states using the Holston River.....Hense "The Kings Port"

Old 09-25-2007, 07:41 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,488 times
those looking to relocate to Chattanooga should check out chattanooga relocation guide

Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,132,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Hi gemthornton,
If you like the history things in TN, check out this site Mid Town Shuttle (http://www.downtownkingsport.org/Default.aspx?tabid=83 - broken link)
then across the top you will see a tab that says "Things to do", float down to tours and check out the "Heritage Trail" Lots of great history stuff there on Kingsport which was an instrumental town with getting merchandise out to the souther states using the Holston River.....Hense "The Kings Port"
Hey, mbmouse, this looks great. My husband and I are so itchy to dig into the history of the state, but particularly E. TN. It will be fun to follow the Heritage Trail through Kingsport.

That is a great website - very pretty downtown. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee