Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2007, 09:56 AM

2 posts, read 3,842 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am new to this forum. My husband and I are relocating from upstate NY to Tennesse so I can go the medical school. We have a signed contract on a property in Mooresburg, TN and we are looking for someone to do some work on the house once the sale is finalized. It is an 1890s farm house and needs a lot of work. We haven't have the structural done yet, so I am not sure of the extent of it. A few things I know we need done are as follows:

-Install central heat and possibly air. The house currently has propane space heaters and wood stove hook-ups.
-Install shower in bathroom. There is only a small clawfoot tub.
-Kool seal and patch the tin roof.
-There is a wall that is leaning a little too, so that will need repaired as well.
-The bricks along the bottom of the chimney are loose and so the bottom needs repair.

I know very little about the area, so if anyone can offer suggestions on where I can find a good price to get this done, I would really appreciate it. We don't have a lot of money since I am still in school, but will at someday in the near future. I want to stay and practice medicine in the area, so we plan on fixing the house up over a long period of time. We just want to get the essentials done now. I am also looking for affordable daycare.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 03:34 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Check your PM, yes I do know of someone that can do that for you. Daycare in Moorsburg.....honestly, that might be a tough one as most folks here have family watch the little ones. You will have to ask around at the stores and churches and such.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,842 times
How about daycare in Morristown?

Old 02-07-2007, 12:31 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Sorry, I am not sure about that either....anyone else??????

Old 02-07-2007, 08:03 PM

15 posts, read 75,513 times
Doctormom78:
My wife and I are building in Mooresburg; broke ground last month. We will be in the area President's day weekend to meet with some of our sub-contractors. We stay at a local B&B--The Home Place--I will ask the owner , Priscilla, if she knows of any good and reputable contractors--her family has been in the area for many years-has roots back to the founding families of Mooresburg and Rogersville. She has been an invaluable resource for us. Perhaps we'll meet one day in the thriving metropolis of Mooresburg <LOL> we can't wait!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee