Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2019, 10:28 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,346,603 times

Advertisements

With bad luck from the cheap SuperTech wiper blades from Walmart only lasting less than two months, our typical go-to wiper blades have been the TRICO Neoform blades, which you can get for a pretty good price on Amazon. However, our new Tesla Model 3 uses wiper blades with non-standard connectors and jets on the wiper arms. It appears the only off-the-shelf wiper blades besides OEM that will fit without making modifications are the TRICO Flex and the Trico Ice. The Trico Flex is an all-season beam blade, while the TRICO Ice is a beam blade specifically made for winter use.

Now, I live in the Phoenix area and we don't get any winter weather where winter blades would be very useful. But to my surprise, the TRICO Ice sells cheaper than the TRICO Flex on Amazon. When the time comes to replace the blades on our Tesla, I would like to know, do winter blades have inferior performance in rain than all-season blades? Also, are they more likely to degrade in sunlight compared to all-season blades?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-30-2019 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: Edited thread title for clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 04:03 AM

61,745 posts, read 87,194,708 times
You might want to read/post there:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...-please.85778/

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...blades.154439/

Old 10-01-2019, 08:32 PM

186 posts, read 136,050 times
All season wiper blades from Auto Zone would be best option. Always recommend them since the employees always know what will fit your make and model and they last for a very long time.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres4evR View Post
All season wiper blades from Auto Zone would be best option. Always recommend them since the employees always know what will fit your make and model and they last for a very long time.
Remember, the Tesla Model 3 has the washer jets on the arms, which complicates things. It appears the only blades besides OEM that will fit without modification are Trico Flex and Trico Ice. AutoZone might not carry a blade that will fit without modification. I specifically want to know if winter blades (Trico Ice) are inferior in rain and summer conditions than all season blades (Trico Flex). Since you recommended all season, I think the Trico Flex might be the way to go when the time comes to replace them.

Old 11-14-2020, 11:14 PM

A year from now and doing some research, it appears that another model that will fit are the Bosch ClearAdvantage. These have better reviews than the Trico Flex.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:29 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,402,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
A year from now and doing some research, it appears that another model that will fit are the Bosch ClearAdvantage. These have better reviews than the Trico Flex.
Have you tried either/both? Curious to hear your experience as I'm going to be replacing mine in a few weeks.

Old 11-25-2020, 07:41 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Ever since I ceramic coated my car I hardly need wipers to be active. The water beads and flies away. Harder rain still puddles but the wipers don’t work as hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla