Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:03 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,900,657 times

Advertisements

Study shows majority of Texas companies given taxpayer money to create jobs failed to meet goals 12:13 PM CT | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 12:54 PM

687 posts, read 1,578,595 times
Surprise, surprise. Business demands tax breaks and incentives from state and local government all the time anymore, which has shifted the burden of funding things like schools and infrastructure disproportionately to the individual taxpayer. It gets worse every year and business frequently doesn't live up to its end of the deal. I'm all for creating a business-friendly environment, but when it comes more and more at the expense of the individual taxpayer, it's going too far.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:23 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Default Texas corporations give short end of the stick

I found this article to be interesting. I bet Texans who have no conflicts of interest with corporations would be irritated. It is the corporations who receive the most welfare. We all know that right? It's not the blacks or Hispanics. It's the corporations. Just making sure we get that clear

Study shows majority of Texas companies given taxpayer money to create jobs failed to meet goals | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas News on Yahoo! | The Dallas Morning News

Old 09-08-2010, 05:17 PM

611 posts, read 2,235,384 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

and even if it is tax reductions it is not the same as welfare when the companies produce jobs and products

you may not like the programs, you might not like Texas having the best economy in the USA right now, but to compare it to actual welfare where people are paid to do nothing with little or no accountability and many of them actually use their free time to further degrade society is to just be a moron

Last edited by Bo; 09-10-2010 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the two threads were merged

Old 09-08-2010, 05:19 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
No. People on welfare do not further degrade our society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
great thread

http://www.city-data.com/forum/texas...fund-sure.html

and even if it is tax reductions it is not the same as welfare when the companies produce jobs and products

you may not like the programs, you might not like Texas having the best economy in the USA right now, but to compare it to actual welfare where people are paid to do nothing with little or no accountability and many of them actually use their free time to further degrade society is to just be a moron

Old 09-08-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No. People on welfare do not further degrade our society.
great answer it really helps explain why areas that have the most people on welfare or section 8 are also the trashiest areas, the areas with the most torn up property, the areas with the highest rates of crime especially violent crime, and the poorest performing schools

get a clue

Old 09-08-2010, 05:57 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
great answer it really helps explain why areas that have the most people on welfare or section 8 are also the trashiest areas, the areas with the most torn up property, the areas with the highest rates of crime especially violent crime, and the poorest performing schools

get a clue
I suppose it couldn't be explained by the people being so poor they don't have the money to maintain their properties or are so desperate they have to turn to crime. Nor could it be explained by kids being neglected while their parents work 2 jobs each. Never.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I suppose it couldn't be explained by the people being so poor they don't have the money to maintain their properties or are so desperate they have to turn to crime. Nor could it be explained by kids being neglected while their parents work 2 jobs each. Never.
if they are working two jobs why are they still on welfare

if they are getting section 8 they don't maintain the home the property owner does so why do they still tear it up

and yea being poor as an excuse for doing crime or not taking education serious

great excuses you have there no wonder we have 3 and 4 generations on welfare and they are never able to get off of it.....well that and they don't care or want to get off welfare because people like you want to make it with zero accountability and zero responsibility

people like you also degrade society as well

Old 09-08-2010, 06:18 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Instead of taking your, mine and my companies money then giving it to others, why don't they cut everyones taxes and let us create our own jobs?

Govt controlling who gets money is not near as effective as the private sector determining who gets the money.

The bigger the Govt, the worse we will be economically.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Govt controlling who gets money is not near as effective as the private sector determining who gets the money.
I would agree with you, but this whole economic downturn we've been going through the past couple of years has kinda changed my mind. I think it takes a delicate balance where the government must keep these corporations in check, but not be too powerful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas