Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 11:37 PM

11 posts, read 34,479 times

Advertisements

Hi

My wife and I are looking to plan a trip to Grapevine, TX for a weekend getaway. I am looking for a hotel that is within walking distance to some great resteraunts, shopping, and drinks. Is there a place that fits this bill.

Also, Ive read some reviews, but if I had to pick the best steak in grapevine, where would one go. I would really like these things to be a safe walking distance from the hotel so we could enjoy some wine and not worry about getting back to the hotel.

Also can anyone tell me if its worth going on the wine tasting tour/dinner? What do they have for a dinner menu? The website just lists wine tasting at 3 winery's and dinner.

Thanks in advance.

Derrick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 07:37 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
The Gaylord Texas will shuttle you to local places and is a wonderful resort property in Grapevine. If you really need walkability, go to the Hotel ZaZa in Dallas.
Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center

Old 03-13-2011, 03:28 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
yes--
check a map out
there is no hotel within walking distance of downtown grapevine
you can stay at the Gaylord and have great meals there and walk inside the hotel's faux San Antonio Riverwalk but there is nothing walkable from there
hotel has a shuttle that will take you around Grapevine itself and out to Grapevine Mills mall

but walkable it is not

There is Hilton hotel in the Southlake Town Center --open air mall with many great restaurants, shopping, movie theater, and Barnes and Noble bookstore
THAT while it is pretty nice might not be the glam experience you were hoping for but the area is very walkable for shopping/dining/fun
and dowtown Grapevine is about 10-15 min away by car

Old 03-13-2011, 03:50 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Bed n Breakfast right in the heart of Downtown

Grapevine TX Bed Breakfast Dallas Texas Vacation Fort Worth B&B

Bob's Steakhouse is a superb steak house but very expensive. I have not been to Dino's Steak and Claw but I'm sure they are not as expensive. Only Dino's is within walking distance of the Downtown area.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:00 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,887,205 times
The best hotel in Grapevine is the Gaylord Texan, and I would say the second best are either the Hilton Garden Inn or the DFW Lakes Hilton.

We actually have a visitor's shuttle bus service so you will not have to walk to the attractions in Grapevine. Here's the website with schedules, etc: https://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/Ma...0/Default.aspx

Dino's is Ok, but not great. I have been there and was underwhelmed. I MUCH prefer Bob's, or even Silver Fox. Both are pricey but well worth it.

I'm not sure what you are referring to about "the wine tasting tour/dinner". Grapevine has 7 wineries within the city limits, and we have wine events all the time. The New Vintage Wine Trails is coming up in April: https://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/Fe...3/Default.aspx

Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,976,193 times
Embassy Suites Outdoor World

Old 03-13-2011, 08:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Grapevine - Steakhouses - Dallas / Fort Worth | Urbanspoon

JRs is good as well--down 121 from Grapevine
and Kirby's is in Southlake just north of 1709 on 114 access road but not such good reviews on Urbanspoon

Old 03-16-2011, 03:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,824 times
As stated, the Gaylord Texan Resort a great place to stay. I've stayed there numerous times. They have several places to eat, shop, and drink. The steakhouse there is great, but you pay for it. There are a few more places to eat, and I have never had a bad meal.

They have several shops, to choose from there, but for serious shopping, take the shuttle to Downtown Grapevine for some neat shops. They also have a train you can take from there to the Fort Worth Stockyards area for more shopping and events. Grapevine Mills Mall has also been mentioned, however I prefer the historic downtown area.

The Gaylord Texas has several bars on location including the Sports Bar with a 52 foot HD TV, the Cigar Bar, Poolside Bar, and at least one other bar. There is also the Glass Cactus Nightclub overlooking Lake Grapevine, with free shuttle service from the resort to the Cactus, or a short walk from the hotel. The Cactus has live music with well known bands.

Outside of the Gaylord, Downtown, and Grapevine Mills Mall, I haven't spent much time in Grapevine as I'm usually there for sporting events in Arlington, but it is a very neat town. Overall a great place to get away for a fun relaxing weekend.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:09 AM

2 posts, read 2,807 times
Default grapevine

Gaylord Texan is a great hotel, close to downtown grapevine. May have to take a cab because its not close enough for a somewhat intoxcated walk -- but the cab ride wont be far.

Great steak, I would have to say Silver Fox. Sign up at their website for promotional offers. It's kind of expensive, but well worth the money. My hubby and I decided to spend more money than we normally ever would and ate there one day. For both of us to eat a great steak, 2 drinks, and a free desert (the promotion for signing up) I think our bill was $120.00

Downtown grapevine is nice, and there's some shops and good eats there also.

I'm not to sure about the whole wine tasting thing. I've never been.

Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWxGuy View Post
Hi

My wife and I are looking to plan a trip to Grapevine, TX for a weekend getaway. I am looking for a hotel that is within walking distance to some great resteraunts, shopping, and drinks. Is there a place that fits this bill.

Also, Ive read some reviews, but if I had to pick the best steak in grapevine, where would one go. I would really like these things to be a safe walking distance from the hotel so we could enjoy some wine and not worry about getting back to the hotel.

Also can anyone tell me if its worth going on the wine tasting tour/dinner? What do they have for a dinner menu? The website just lists wine tasting at 3 winery's and dinner.

Thanks in advance.

Derrick

Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 AM

5,451 posts, read 7,746,787 times
If you want hotels that are walking distance to shops and restaurants in the metroplex then your best bet would be downtown Fort Worth and not Grapevine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas