Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:49 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,499 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
with I have promised, here my summary trip.

I have try to be short and..sorry in advance for many mistakes.

02nd August = arrive at Dallas FW at night
03rd August= Fort Worth

In this day…we have seen:

Stockyards Historic District with a Hall of Fame and the Sterquell Wagon Collection, Cowtown cattlepen maze, shops (I bought a cowgirl hat!) and at 11:30 am we saw a Cattle Drive.
We have token a car and we went at FW center : Sundance Square Historic Downtown, external visit the Bass Performance Hall and than, we have seen the Watergardens.

After, we returned at Stockyard because at 3:30 pm there was a tour by Trinity River Run. Before train tour, we ate at Joe T Garcia’s ! (as your recommend)

In the later afternoon, we went to Mesquite at resistol Arena for Rodeo event! WOW!!!! It's incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!
During the way from Mequite to Stockyard, at night, we went up Reunion Tower! Beautiful view!

04th August= Dallas/FW/Kennendale

In the morning, we went to Dallas. We have seen the Pioneer Plaza, tour at Old Red Courthouse and the Sixth Floor Museum.

After the museum, we walked thru the West End and here we ata hamburger in a delicious place but I don't remember the name.
Return in Stockyard FW to see a little show and after….we went to Kennendale to see the speed racing. It's very strange… We have seen this race only TV... On live it's better!!!!

return in Stockyard and visit Billy Bob's! I have eaten an Apple Pie! I like desserts and...apple pie is unique!

05th August= Abilene

This morning we have achieved Abilene. Visit of Buffalo Gap Historic Village , Frontier Texas and external view of Historic Paramount Theater . At evening we would like to went on Drive in movie but…I didn't found this place.

06th August= Amarillo

Visit of Route 66 (Old San Jacinto) located between Georgia & Western sts. along 6th St., shops…and…Big TEXAN (food and stay overnight). In the afternoon, visit the Cadillac Ranch.

07th August= Palo Duro Canyon

Before leaving to palo Duro canyon, we have seen the Amarillo Livestock Auction !

When we arrived in Canyon, Oh..wow… in this day we have been at horse ride tour (1 hour) and…brrr… we was frightening because for us was the first time on horse and the journey has been very difficult.

After, in the evening, we have seen a Musical Drama Texas + dinner at Palo Duro Canyon and we has sleplt there in a Lighthouse cabin.
It's fantastic but during the night, I haven't sleep because there was a loud of wind in the room.

08th August= Fredericksburg
Arrive in the late afternoon and visit of city and the Wildseed Farm.

In this evening, the sherif has stopped us for a check . It's all ok!

09th August= San Antonio

It's a wonderful city!
We have seen World's Biggest Cowboy Boots , the Alamo, the Villita, Paese del Rio and a River walk… very, very nice. We have had a boat tour but not with a tour…with a boat taxi!

The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum ,l Rivercenter mall and up of the Tower of Americas.
Dinner at Riverwalk at Rainforest Cafè .

10th August= San Antonio

All day at Seaworld! Beautiful! I like Shamu and the dolphins! The shows have been wonderful!

11th August= South Padre Island

In the morning, we went to Matamoros. Visit Avenida Obregon , Cattedrale , City Plaza and Abasolo Street.
Lunch at Garcia's.

After, we went to SPI and….swim in the Gulf! The water was very hot!!!

12th August= South Padre Island

In the morning, visit the See Turtle Rescue, tour in Port Isabel and up on lighthouse.
Lunch at Padre Brewing Company (pizza!)
Later afternoon…relax in the swimmingpool.

13th August= Corpus Christi

In the morning, stop at Kingsville and tour in Kinks Ranch and visit the Museum.
In the afternoon, visit the USS Lexington. It's a great experience.
Dinner at Kiko’s Mexican Food restaurant ! Very good!

14th August= Galveston

Visit the Moody Gardens ( 1 piramid - Raiforest) and we have token a daily Cruise : COLONEL PADDLE WHEELER + show 4 D

Walk on The Strand Historic District (Downtown Galveston)

15th August= La Porte - Huntsville- Austin

Visit San Jacinto Monument and than, we went to Hunsville . Here, we have seen a Statue of Sam Houston and tour of Texas Prison Museum.
Lunch and after…drive untill Austin.

We have seen 6th street and after a swim in the swimmingpool, we went to the Bridge to see a bats.

16th August= Austin - Arlington- Airport
This day it was only day (middle day) with a rain.
We have seen a capitol Building, Texas Museum and after, we left to Arlington.
In the evening, we have seen a baseball match and Texas Ranger has lost.

Dinner at midnight, last walk in Walmart (my preferit supermarket) , drive untill DFW Airport at 1:30/2:00 am
3:30 check-in and 6:30 on 17th August we left to Philadelphia/Milan.

We arrived in Milan on 18th August.

I would like to thank everyone because this trip for me and my husband has been fantastic and I give you credit for your help and your kindness.
Many thanks from the bottom of my heart!

As soon as I post some pictures...

Last edited by minniemouse; 08-28-2007 at 08:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 08:18 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Wow, great trip, minniemouse! You saw a lot more in 2 weeks in TX than I have in the 15 months I've lived here! Your trip summary can serve as a "TX things to do" checklist for Texans and visitors to Texas. Glad you enjoyed it!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:21 AM

Many thanks!

I like planning my trips tour....and I try to see a lot of places when I'm in vacance.
For this trip I have did a lot of 5000 km (+ 3300 miles....)

I like Texas!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:28 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
What race track did you go to? Drag Racing or the Dirt Track?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
What race track did you go to? Drag Racing or the Dirt Track?
uhm..I don't remember the name because we have had a confusion when we were at ticket sales , also.

I think..Dirt Track... (oval circuit)

Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
Did you like the racing? Was it fun for you? My dad has a racecar and does this type of racing you saw.

Can't wait to see photos.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 AM
RGV

570 posts, read 3,221,942 times
Holy smokes, what a tour. Looks like you got in most of Texas, except for El Paso and, could this be true, HOUSTON. You didn't go to HOUSTON?

Haha, no problem, I'm just crying right now that you didn't mention my city.

Also, any photos? If so, would love to see them.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV View Post
Holy smokes, what a tour. Looks like you got in most of Texas, except for El Paso and, could this be true, HOUSTON. You didn't go to HOUSTON?

Haha, no problem, I'm just crying right now that you didn't mention my city.

Also, any photos? If so, would love to see them.
Oh yes, we have crossing Houston but we didn't have a lot of time to stop there.

Houston...I remember only way at payment at a lot of petrol Company...

In Italy, all ways are payment .

For photos... I'm finding how to link my pictures...

Old 08-28-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Did you like the racing? Was it fun for you? My dad has a racecar and does this type of racing you saw.

Can't wait to see photos.
Oh yes, it's very funny! Let's go.... START!!!!!
Only see this car has been very funny...
This car was crazy!!!!

ok,I promise to post these photos!

There were a lot of people tosee this race!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:20 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
Many thanks!

I like planning my trips tour....and I try to see a lot of places when I'm in vacance.
For this trip I have did a lot of 5000 km (+ 3300 miles....)

I like Texas!
You could moonlight as a travel agent!

I'm also looking forward to your pics when you get them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas