Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 AM

26 posts, read 42,379 times

Advertisements

I live in Wisconsin and am with U.S. Cellular and unfortunately they do not provide service in those areas mentioned above. And I'm moving there soon for a job and am wondering if Sprint is the best there?

I refuse to go with T-Mobile (they're contract happy), Verizon (crazy expensive), AT&T (horrible reception and horrible customer service)....so that pretty much leaves Sprint.

Unless those areas have any regional carriers like how U.S. Cellular is, where they provide nationwide service but are technically only located in a few states.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Sprint is awful in DFW. Their 4G network is a joke. Unlimited data doesn't mean anything when you can't actually download anything. When I was with Sprint I averaged maybe 200MB a month.

I recently switched to Verizon's 2 GB/month plan. It's the same price as service with Sprint but it's much faster.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 AM

That's interesting...thank you.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker's mom 2011 View Post
That's interesting...thank you.
No problem.

Sprint also frequently has severe network problems in my area; there was an entire week in March that I could not dial out on my phone and every call I received went directly to voicemail.

This has happened intermittently for years (I'd have that problem at least once a week but repeated attempts to dial out were usually successful) but it was a huge issue when it was for an entire week, since my only phone is my mobile.

Sprint refused to adjust my bill for the week that I had no service. Nice, huh?

Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 AM

Yeah, that's awful. I used to work for U.S. Cellular and when BlackBerry had that global outage, if we could see that the customers didn't make any calls, we adjusted their bill appropriately. That's just good customer service.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 AM

519 posts, read 604,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker's mom 2011 View Post
I live in Wisconsin and am with U.S. Cellular and unfortunately they do not provide service in those areas mentioned above. And I'm moving there soon for a job and am wondering if Sprint is the best there?

I refuse to go with T-Mobile (they're contract happy), Verizon (crazy expensive), AT&T (horrible reception and horrible customer service)....so that pretty much leaves Sprint.

Unless those areas have any regional carriers like how U.S. Cellular is, where they provide nationwide service but are technically only located in a few states.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!!
In addition to your queries here, I might suggest asking this over at S4GRU (a Google search will turn it up easily) as well. There are a number of users that actively map and provide updates on the state of the network in Dallas and other locations.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-17-2013, 10:58 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
OP it depends in what area you are in. Most carriers are fine in most areas, but there are spots that carriers drop off in.
Some carriers are fine in some areas that other carriers are bad in and vice versa

Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 AM

194 posts, read 524,686 times
I move back and forth between DFW and Houston all the time. I use T-Mobile just because it's so much cheaper, and it works just fine.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Take a look at https://www.pagepluscellular.com/. Depending on your requirements, they may have a plan suitable for you. The benefit is that PPC is a Verizon reseller. I have the $12, 250 minute/text plan, but very little data. I was able to port my Verizon smartphone as both are CDMA. If you have a Sprint phone then it should also be CDMA and you can ask if it will port to PPC.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:01 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times
I'm not sure about Dallas/Fort worth but i know that the service is a little spotty in areas outside of Houston like in Rosharon TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas