Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 09:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,595 times

Advertisements

We are currently living in upstate NY but my husband has just received a promotion and we are moving to Texas! He is going to be a district manager for multiple stores. The first store is going to be in Liberty and the next few in the San Antonio area then who knows. Headquarters is practically in SA. My question is where the heck should we move to? It's a long drive from SA to Houston area daily but as far as I can tell there isn't much between the two. We have a 4 year old that will be starting pre-k in the fall and I may or may not need to find a job when we get there also. Suggestions?

Last edited by amandamattingly89; 04-01-2015 at 09:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 05:37 AM
rwr

268 posts, read 612,488 times
Default Howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamattingly89 View Post
We are currently living in upstate NY but my husband has just received a promotion and we are moving to Texas! He is going to be a district manager for multiple stores. The first store is going to be in Liberty and the next few in the San Antonio area then who knows. Headquarters is practically in SA. My question is where the heck should we move to? It's a long drive from SA to Houston area daily but as far as I can tell there isn't much between the two. We have a 4 year old that will be starting pre-k in the fall and I may or may not need to find a job when we get there also. Suggestions?
Welcome to Texas! You don't say where your husband's work will be the majority of the time. If you need to live between San Antonio and Houston, there are several nice towns to choose from, all along the IH 10 corridor. Starting with closest to San Antonio, there is: La Vernia (nice small town); Seguin( medium size city); Luling (small town); Schulenburg (small historic town, about 1/2 way between S.A. & Houston); and Columbus (small town). Schools, I am not well versed on. I do know that where ever you end up, you will be welcome!

Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,786,866 times
"Practically in San Antonio." Where? (what little town or what cross roads will the Headquarters be near?).

What is your budget? (rental or home buying).

How long will he be working strictly in Liberty.

If he will need to go to Liberty each day (to begin with), I'd look at the Atascocita area (near Humble) NE of Houston. It's a beautiful suburban forested area. If he will work in Liberty only for a few months & then have to move to San Antonio, I would try to rent a home in the Atascocita area (or even Liberty itself) for that time (& use those months to explore Houston & East Texas). & then move to greater SA when it makes sense.

But answer the 3 questions above. Good luck.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:13 PM

684 posts, read 813,056 times
Sorry but Luling and Seguin are a dump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas