Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 07:37 PM

31 posts, read 68,130 times

Advertisements

I live in RI, and we pay a quarterly tax on our vehicle(s) based on the value of the car. I'm wondering if there is a similar tax in TX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 07:58 PM

436 posts, read 571,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpumasx View Post
I live in RI, and we pay a quarterly tax on our vehicle(s) based on the value of the car. I'm wondering if there is a similar tax in TX.
We pay taxes on if we are still paying off a car, sales tax is part of the lien I think. We pay for registration and inspection once a year. Its about $70 a year per registration and inspection is about $15. Thats it. That fee varies widely if you pick out certain license plates. We have about 6 vehicles and a trailer though so it adds up.

You must have really really really nice roads up in Road Island. Kinda envious. Our city streets here are pretty awful in places. Also without taxes to build new roads here our cities traffic is getting really out of hand in places.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:21 AM

11,858 posts, read 26,891,424 times
There is no personal property tax on cars in Texas.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:27 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,796,997 times
Not for the general public in Texas but yes if your a dealer that collects the motor vehicle sales tax on these vehicles as the buyer makes payment, monthly or quarterly !!!

Old 03-21-2015, 04:55 PM

31 posts, read 68,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninJT View Post
We pay taxes on if we are still paying off a car, sales tax is part of the lien I think. We pay for registration and inspection once a year. Its about $70 a year per registration and inspection is about $15. Thats it. That fee varies widely if you pick out certain license plates. We have about 6 vehicles and a trailer though so it adds up.

You must have really really really nice roads up in Road Island. Kinda envious. Our city streets here are pretty awful in places. Also without taxes to build new roads here our cities traffic is getting really out of hand in places.
LOL! You would think. The roads are terrible. Pot holes (craters on the moon are smaller), sloppy patches, corrupt unions running the road work. It's the biggest scam in the littlest state!

Old 03-21-2015, 05:09 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,818,804 times
You pay a registration fee each year and the sticker goes in the window. In order to obtain the sticker, you must show you've had your car inspected and that it passed its inspection (this is new for 2015). The fee is around $65. I pay an additional $70 for my specialty Realtor plates. I just paid last week and it was $134.25 total. They add $1 if you mail it in or go to the grocery store for your registration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas