Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 07:23 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times

Advertisements

Send the Feds in ... Right after they're sent in to take care of all of the city and state officials who have been blatantly ignoring the laws of the land for much longer by having a sanctuary state/cities.
We'll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 08:44 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,766,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1010 View Post
I don't think you understand the Christian religion. No offense, but your statement is a prime example of that.
I fully understand the Christian religion. I'm lumping all religions under one umbrella of believing in some random deity in some inaccessible location for the purposes of making it easier to convey a point on an Internet message board.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1010 View Post
Please do me the favor of pointing out your references in scriptures, and make sure they are the most updated ones in terms of the order in which they occur in the bible. One flaw I've found in people who tend to use your logic in trying to show contradictions in the bible is that no one pays attention to the order in which things occur, nor do they seem to understand the context surrounding a scripture.

It would be similar to someone pulling up a law from the past that said "blank is illegal" and fast forward to now and same thing is now legal. Then this person tries to use the past to justify the present which doesn't make any sense.

You aren't taking time into account and later into the scriptures many things that weren't allowed are allowed.

Tip: Don't try to debate against something you 1) Don't know about 2) Are not fluent in or at least understand the basics 3) Have gained from another person/source that does 1) and/or 2)

How do you know when scriptures were written? The current Christian bible is a heavily edited conglomeration of passages written thousands of years ago that was carefully selected by various churches at some point to illustrate what they best thought it should be.

You don't get to cherry pick what works for you and what doesn't. If you're trying to justify hatred and discrimination because of something some people wrote thousands of years ago, you're going to have to take what works for you as well as what doesn't.

But, to be helpful:

Old 07-10-2015, 11:06 AM

766 posts, read 1,255,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
How do you know when scriptures were written? The current Christian bible is a heavily edited conglomeration of passages written thousands of years ago that was carefully selected by various churches at some point to illustrate what they best thought it should be.

You don't get to cherry pick what works for you and what doesn't. If you're trying to justify hatred and discrimination because of something some people wrote thousands of years ago, you're going to have to take what works for you as well as what doesn't.

But, to be helpful:

Old 07-10-2015, 11:12 AM

766 posts, read 1,255,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
There has been no prove thus far, that people have a "Gay" gene.

Gay's already had Civil Unions, why else would they need to have a Marriage? In what other ways are Homosexuals denied rights?

This post makes me want to throw up. Do you really think gay people would willingly choose a life of alienation and oppression? Sure we have gay marriage now, but do you realize how much harder life is being gay? If I had the opportunity to change my feelings and live a normal life, I'd take it in a second. Unfortunately, I can't, and believe me I've tried many times to be with a woman. A gay gene may not exist, but being gay does and it doesn't come with a choice.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:27 PM

I have met or known many gay people (I used to work retail in the "gay area" of town) and not a single one felt it was a choice. When they started to be of a romantically inclined age, they simply were attracted to members of their own sex. Same way I just liked girls, they just liked boys or girls (as applicable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
This post makes me want to throw up. Do you really think gay people would willingly choose a life of alienation and oppression? Sure we have gay marriage now, but do you realize how much harder life is being gay? If I had the opportunity to change my feelings and live a normal life, I'd take it in a second. Unfortunately, I can't, and believe me I've tried many times to be with a woman. A gay gene may not exist, but being gay does and it doesn't come with a choice.
I'm just going to throw out there that there is nothing "abnormal" about being gay.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:03 PM

105 posts, read 106,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by know_one View Post
I don't like so called "sane adults" believing in fairly tales and running our country. If a man is on the street preaching you would look at them like they are nuts. But package it neatly, it is the greatest thing ever.
Thats funny, since I'm sure most of the constitution that was written along with most of the Presidents do believe in what you call a "Fairy tale" (We call him God)

Old 07-10-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I have met or known many gay people (I used to work retail in the "gay area" of town) and not a single one felt it was a choice.
So basing a "feeling" over something that is a Fact, is what we should say is the ultimate in a decision.

So if I "feel" like Cheating on my girlfriend is right, does that make it the right decision? or do I have a choice to what to do if I'm with a different woman?

Old 07-10-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
It all boils down to choice, you can always have feelings. But it always up to you and conscience to make a Choice.

If you have a co-worker at your job, and you just have such an urge to go ahead and slap him in the face, do you have a Choice to act on that urge or do you not?

Old 07-10-2015, 02:11 PM

232 posts, read 360,844 times
Quote:
How do you know when scriptures were written?

I don't, but neither do you.

The current Christian bible is a heavily edited conglomeration of passages written thousands of years ago that was carefully selected by various churches at some point to illustrate what they best thought it should be.

Nice try, although it is true the original biblical text was never recovered, many replicas were found scattered throughout and all contained the scriptures in an extremely uniformed fashion. I would agree that the translation did skew some of the words because the Hebrew language contained approximately 8,000- 10,000 words while the English language contains over 1 million words.

You don't get to cherry pick what works for you and what doesn't.

I'm not cherry picking? I asked for you to show me the most updated biblical scriptures in the bible to prove your stance, all you did was avoid the question all together. Again things in the bible that were once not permitted or occurred differently at the start changed throughout both the old and new testaments.

If you're trying to justify hatred and discrimination because of something some people wrote thousands of years ago, you're going to have to take what works for you as well as what doesn't.

Did you not read my previous comments? Same-sex "marriage" should be allowed if it's under the law and not forcefully done under a church. I have no problem and I don't judge. Did you not see my whole commentary I wrote right after you liked my first post?

But, to be helpful:

*Facepalm*

I guess the time in which an event occurs is extremely irrelevant to you, right? Please educate yourself on a belief system. I've met athiests who are more knowledgeable than you in a belief system and they never do what you do. By the way you're speaking to someone who used to be an athiests then changed towards agnosticism, theism, and I'm currently this.

The point I'm taking from you is that time is irrelevant, since you seem to not give any importance to what occurs in what place in the bible, and you literally did what I asked you not to do you disregard the context in which "slavery" which the bible describes as servants is used.

It's funny observing ill informed individuals who believe they know everything about a belief without knowing nothing, and taking everything out of context, and ignoring time all together.

This is extremely cringe worthy.

Last edited by Texan1010; 07-10-2015 at 02:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas