Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,001 times

Advertisements

Yo. I'm a black man, 32 years old. Grew up in Phoenix AZ. Moved east to Tennessee / Alabama A few years ago back in '10. Currently residing in Huntsville. It's a nice small city with little trash and little trashy people around the area I live in. I wanna know what would be some motivations for me to move to Dallas or somewhere?? Way back in the '90s I took a trip to San Antonio so my memory of Texas was a desert. I haven't been to east yet but I've seen some random vids filmed in Austin and it looked just like or even a little worse nature wise than what I live in right now.

I want to know about who runs the cities...liberals? Democraps? What are gun laws like? I know in Arizona it was very great ... And right now in Huntsville I need no license or nothing to carry my gun around as long as I don't hide it 'Mexican style'. Or as they say "concealed style" I think it is...sorry I'm not an expert on guns. I never put my gun under my boot or in my pants anwway(who would?..) Thanks for ur help. What r the motivations?? Where do u vacation? Right now I usually go up to the Tennessee/Carolina mountains every fall and Florida every summer

Old 01-12-2016, 04:57 PM

587 posts, read 961,617 times
So you live in Huntsville Alabama now? Any of Texas' major cities except for Houston will seem dry compared to there. Liberals don't really run things in Texas (except for local pockets like Austin), but you will need a license to carry openly or concealed in Texas, and open carry requires that you have a belt or shoulder holster. You could vacation on the coast, or take a quick flight to Las Vegas.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:14 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,938,167 times
San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas-Fort Worth are definitely not in deserts, but Fort Stockton (4 1/2 hrs away from SA) looks the part because of its vegetation. All of the I-35 cities listed generally have lower humidity levels than Alabama, but higher than Phoenix most of the year. West Texas cities like Lubbock and Midland have lower humidity levels than Dallas, but do get cold in winter (with breaks of mild weather). El Paso would be most like PHX weather-wise, just with lower temps year-round. Not sure if the political climate matches up though.

Texans are known to travel just about everywhere. Airports are really popular in July & August, for the obvious reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas