Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:25 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,819,288 times

Advertisements

Chip and Joanna should disavow:

"Their pastor and “dear friend” Jimmy Seibert, reports BuzzFeed, “takes a hard line against same-sex marriage and promotes converting LGBT people into being straight.” He says “God is able to give us power over every sin, including homosexuality,” adding that it was God who “defined masculine and feminine, male and female, not you and I.”

Disavow shiplap!

Oh, Right, Here's Why We Don't Actually Want to Move to Waco and Live in a Fixer Upper

Old 11-30-2016, 07:55 AM

7,131 posts, read 11,864,366 times
What's the big deal? They have a religious belief - that's their right. We've forgotten how to live and let live across this land.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:17 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,298,250 times
I think a much bigger problem Waco is having right now is the s*** storm that has unfolded recently within the Baylor football program. Serious, serious issues within the school administration and coaching staff: https://theringer.com/baylors-proble...bbf#.hmovmcpu3

Old 11-30-2016, 05:08 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,456,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Chip and Joanna should disavow:

"Their pastor and “dear friend” Jimmy Seibert, reports BuzzFeed, “takes a hard line against same-sex marriage and promotes converting LGBT people into being straight.” He says “God is able to give us power over every sin, including homosexuality,” adding that it was God who “defined masculine and feminine, male and female, not you and I.”

Disavow shiplap!

Oh, Right, Here's Why We Don't Actually Want to Move to Waco and Live in a Fixer Upper
So, how is your hate for this church and Chip and Joanna any different from their hate for the sinful behavior of some people? How about we disavow any business that promotes LGBT agenda.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:03 PM

101 posts, read 160,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
What's the big deal? They have a religious belief - that's their right. We've forgotten how to live and let live across this land.
This!

Live and Let Live, people. Calm down. Good grief, some of these SJW keyboard warriors don't have anything better to do I guess.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:28 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,500,234 times
That's why religious views are best kept private. Don't see how TV show stars are somehow responsible for their pastors' weird views.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:48 PM

988 posts, read 1,832,620 times
Though I admit I didn't read the Buzzfeed or associated articles, from what I have alternately read it was plain and simple a liberal-left click-bait hit piece on Chip and Joanna Gaines - akin to "are you now or have you ever been a Christian?" Even a good number of liberals believe it was a dumb article.

In the meantime, Chip and Joanna are doing a show about fixing up houses and being kind, super-gracious and fun people in general. Though I don't watch their show a lot, I don't remember a single time they talked about anything political on their show since, you know, their show isn't about politics. Joanna does talk a lot about ship lap though...

Buzzfeed should spend their time finding something meaningful to talk about instead of click-bait articles. They might also think about showing some of the tolerance the far-left constantly demands everyone show the far-left.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,167,300 times
Who cares what Chip and Joanna Gaines' pastor believes about gay marriage? Sheeze.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:40 PM

436 posts, read 572,320 times
Are the setting local or federal policy in any way? Are they just using words? I'm trying to figure out how this is a problem for anybodies day to day life. Are they blaring their messages over loudspeakers in Wacko using public tax money? Throw us a bone here, how is this really affecting you?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:12 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,795,457 times
My mother lives in Waco and having spent lots of times there Im familiar with Antioch. Its a speaking in tongues kind of church, an arms raised eyes closed kind of place. While I wouldn't set foot in it, why does it matter if the Gaines attend there? Im a staunch advocate of LGBT rights to their fullest. Not everyone agrees with me, so what? Does that mean we cant be friends or patronize business that don't agree with us.

Where I draw the line is if this church were actively campaigning to strip rights of LGBT people in the way of laws, but they don't appear to be doing that. They just don't believe in LGBT rights themselves. Ok, whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: