Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 08:09 AM

141 posts, read 105,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo42 View Post
Nice! I once did San Diego > Ann Arbor > Quebec > San Diego in a ‘79 CJ5 that my buddy and I rebuilt through college. I want to say we did 6500 miles or something around there.

Loved this thread and the blog.

Thanks!

That does sound like an awesome road trip. I wish I could do more road trips like this more often. I know one question it seems like everyone had is, "Do you work." Actually, it's the limited vacation I get at jobs that drives me to travel like this. It's also my hobby so where people will watch TV, go fishing, etc, I travel. I guess the shock appeal to people is what makes things like this go viral lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 12:32 PM

724 posts, read 529,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsivetravelerguy View Post
Thanks!

That does sound like an awesome road trip. I wish I could do more road trips like this more often. I know one question it seems like everyone had is, "Do you work." Actually, it's the limited vacation I get at jobs that drives me to travel like this. It's also my hobby so where people will watch TV, go fishing, etc, I travel. I guess the shock appeal to people is what makes things like this go viral lol
So true. I travel a lot for work so I have hotel points and miles for days. There have been so many weekends that I’ve grabbed kids and the Gf and said “where are we going” and let the first person to call out get to navigate.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:52 PM

141 posts, read 105,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo42 View Post
So true. I travel a lot for work so I have hotel points and miles for days. There have been so many weekends that I’ve grabbed kids and the Gf and said “where are we going” and let the first person to call out get to navigate.

That sounds like a lot of fun. The impulsive road trips are the best! I literally just thought of visiting eveyr Buc-ee's on a whim and a few days later I was going after making some basic plans.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:44 PM

33,314 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay66 View Post
The Buc-ees in New Braunfels still has cheaper fuel than just about all the other local fuel stations. It's also the largest Buc-ees, with over 144 fuel points. Even at its busiest, there's plenty of room. Each time I swing by there, I stop for fuel and their brand name jerky. Food's good, drinks are enormous, gifts and souvenirs section is huge.

The only downside to Buc-ees is they do not provide anywhere to sit and eat the food. Takes me back to my long ago youth, when we'd go to a drive-in and eat in the car.
Yeah, it's the largest one.

Before that one was built, IIRC, the one in Madisonville was the largest one (at least the one in Madisonville was the largest one when it opened).

Old 05-21-2019, 10:52 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsivetravelerguy View Post
So I've been living in Texas for over 4 years now and have traveled extensively across the state seeing all the cool things Texas has to offer. One amazing thing is the Buc-ee's travel centers. Their size is impressive. I decided to hit up every single one, including the little "Baby Buc-ee's" which were normal gas stations. I did it over 3 days and drove 1,600 miles. I can say they do have very clean bathrooms everywhere!

This is my blog entry on the trip. Has anyone else ever hit up all the Buc-ee's or what's the most Buc-ee's any of you hit up?

https://www.impulsivetravelerguy.com...-ees-in-texas/
wow thats very neat that u went to every Buc-ee's in the state,OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas