Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 07:58 AM

6,301 posts, read 7,535,069 times

Advertisements

After almost 4 years , 9 dead and 20 wounded all charges will be dropped in the infamous Waco biker shootout.

Is this a victory for our justice system that protects the innocent, or a breakdown in law and order ?

Word was, the new district attorney in Waco had dismissed all the last remaining charges stemming from a 2015 motorcycle gang firefight at a Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco that left nine dead and 20 wounded in May 2015. Looney, who represented six of the 177 people arrested, quickly confirmed the rumor.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...tent=headlines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 10:26 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,788,749 times
Wow! I remember when that took place. Hard to know what to say about this. To me, it looks like the Bandidos came out on top and WTH I guess the taxpayers since we won't be having to house and feed their a**es for a number of years. Maybe they should have more of these meetings but in remote places where no innocent bystanders could get hurt and let them just kill themselves off. They want to run with the big dogs, they know what they got in to. I remember thinking at the time the cops should have seized that opportunity to take a bunch of them out.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Wow! I remember when that took place. Hard to know what to say about this. To me, it looks like the Bandidos came out on top and WTH I guess the taxpayers since we won't be having to house and feed their a**es for a number of years. Maybe they should have more of these meetings but in remote places where no innocent bystanders could get hurt and let them just kill themselves off. They want to run with the big dogs, they know what they got in to. I remember thinking at the time the cops should have seized that opportunity to take a bunch of them out.

Yea the Banditos definitely came out on top. I've kept up with this fairly closely and according to reports the police killed 2 bikers. Nobody has confirmed who killed the lone Bandito that died In this gunfight, so that means the Banditos killed at least 6 possibly 7 rivals basically with impunity. Of course self defense is a human right and once the gunfire starts its hard not to justify returning fire.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Of course self defense is a human right and once the gunfire starts its hard not to justify returning fire.
True enough, but all of these guys were out for a fight and everyone knew it. Like I said, let the chips fall where they may, but they need to do their gang bangs out away from the public. I see no reason for the police to be involved in their wild west showdowns either. Let them pick a no man's land, have their fight and then the winners ride away and the meat wagon comes and picks up the bodies and just drop it at that.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
True enough, but all of these guys were out for a fight and everyone knew it. Like I said, let the chips fall where they may, but they need to do their gang bangs out away from the public. I see no reason for the police to be involved in their wild west showdowns either. Let them pick a no man's land, have their fight and then the winners ride away and the meat wagon comes and picks up the bodies and just drop it at that.

One other note , it's entirely possible that all the bikers who would have been chargeable in this gunfight, ended up dead !

Old 04-07-2019, 04:48 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,990,687 times
Jack, thank you.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:13 PM

6,494 posts, read 4,108,202 times
I don't understand how you could have a gang related shootout in public, and not at least charge someone. I don't want a 100 armed people literally willing to turn a Texas town into an 1800s style western gunfight not all end up in jail on something. I don't understand why they don't just charge everyone armed with murder, and throw the book. I thought our state was tough on criminality. Even if the police were involved you can't blame police officers for criminals literally shooting at each other and/or police no matter how legal or illegal their weapons may have been.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
One other note , it's entirely possible that all the bikers who would have been chargeable in this gunfight, ended up dead !
Could be and true justice if so.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:22 PM

724 posts, read 534,089 times
Quote:
It’s also possible that they can not establish who fired first, as multiple accounts placed that on the officers that responded, and they didn’t want to give defense attorneys the ability to subpoena evidence that would contradict the public narrative.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:02 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,537,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I don't understand how you could have a gang related shootout in public, and not at least charge someone. I don't want a 100 armed people literally willing to turn a Texas town into an 1800s style western gunfight not all end up in jail on something. I don't understand why they don't just charge everyone armed with murder, and throw the book. I thought our state was tough on criminality. Even if the police were involved you can't blame police officers for criminals literally shooting at each other and/or police no matter how legal or illegal their weapons may have been.
You can't just charge someone who happens to be armed with murder. Or even homicide. The entire situation was such a cluster *you-know-what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: