Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2006, 09:22 PM

5 posts, read 32,451 times

Advertisements

Just looking for more info on that area, I have read alot on the web, but nothing personal.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2006, 09:38 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,307 times
Not really anything from personal experience.The closest I have been is Corsicana.The area is pretty,and I'm sure it would be a nice place to live.If you are African American,I would check things out a little more carefully.Tool,for example,has no measurable black population,and pretty much the same for Gun Barrel City,while other towns right around there like Trinidad and Kemp have a number of blacks.Sometimes this means trouble in east Texas.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:04 PM

5 posts, read 32,451 times
Thank's for the info, I am white but my wife is Asian and my kids mixed obviously so for their sake I should check out the attitudes there.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:22 PM

4 posts, read 18,639 times
Thumbs up Cedar Creek Texas Info

If you like small town life, this would be the place to be but be warned this area will grow in the next few years. You would be very close to Austin and in an area that is targeted for some major transportation changes in the next 10 years. The trans-Texas corridor will be going through this general area.
I live pretty close to Cedar Creek and work in the Uhland area. I think that being so close to Austin which is a melting pot of ethnicities has made the area more tolerant to mixed ethnic families. Don't get me wrong, there are jerks all over, but there are also a lot of nice small town people who don't care what color you are.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:05 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Around the lake itself it is crowded. The homes on the lake shore have been built very tight against each other. This lake exploded in population about 10-15 years ago. My grandparents (2 sets) both had places down there back in the 70's. One was between Malakoff and Athens (not much there at all) and the other was on the lake. Now the lake growth has spurred a lot of activity in that area. Plus the growth of the entire D/FW metroplex has made people that want to be in the "country" move that way. The homes on the lake are restricted to the size of pier and boathouse they can build depending on the size of their lot and home. The price range for houses on the lake is very high. Yet down the road not on the water you can get a lot really cheap. You have to take into account that most lakes back when did not attract people that wanted deed restrictions and such so don't be surprised when you find a run down trailer next to a mini-McMansion.

You might try getting ahold of the latest Texas Monthly magazine. It has a write up on lakes in Texas and tells some info on them. The July issue of D Magazine just came today and they have ranked 62 suburbs for "The Best Places to Live".

Old 02-16-2007, 10:27 PM

3 posts, read 9,532 times
Thumbs up Tool is diverse in polulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar View Post
Thank's for the info, I am white but my wife is Asian and my kids mixed obviously so for their sake I should check out the attitudes there.
I can tell you that Tool is a diverse city. There may not be a lot of nationalities in the city, but it is small. The majority of residents in Tool don't care if you are green with purple dots. They just want good neighbors. BTW - if you go through some of the statistics for the city you will realize that the Hispanic population is above state average and Asians own some of the most costly homes.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:32 PM

3 posts, read 9,532 times
Thumbs up Deed restrictions in Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Around the lake itself it is crowded. The homes on the lake shore have been built very tight against each other. This lake exploded in population about 10-15 years ago. My grandparents (2 sets) both had places down there back in the 70's. One was between Malakoff and Athens (not much there at all) and the other was on the lake. Now the lake growth has spurred a lot of activity in that area. Plus the growth of the entire D/FW metroplex has made people that want to be in the "country" move that way. The homes on the lake are restricted to the size of pier and boathouse they can build depending on the size of their lot and home. The price range for houses on the lake is very high. Yet down the road not on the water you can get a lot really cheap. You have to take into account that most lakes back when did not attract people that wanted deed restrictions and such so don't be surprised when you find a run down trailer next to a mini-McMansion.

You might try getting ahold of the latest Texas Monthly magazine. It has a write up on lakes in Texas and tells some info on them. The July issue of D Magazine just came today and they have ranked 62 suburbs for "The Best Places to Live".
You won't find a trailer next to a brick and morter house inside Tool, except in one or two neighborhoods that allowed manufactured homes. There are some really nice homes in Tool and yes, some on the lake have multiple lots. You can find a home from the30,00's to over a mil inside the city. Depends on what you are looking for. The neighborhoods have property owner's associations and most make sure their deed restrictions are enforced. No that they are the deed police!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas