Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Barak, Hillary of McCain?
Hillary 1 14.29%
Barak 2 28.57%
McCain 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:04 AM

43 posts, read 81,541 times

Advertisements

I am traveling to Toledo Easter weekend to visit an old friend and his wife...what are the names of 3 or 4 good restaurants in Toledo and if you had one day to see something in Toledo (preferably indoors) what would you go to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 AM

138 posts, read 675,698 times
There are all kinds of restaurants in Toledo down at the river.

Restaurants - Toledo, Ohio - Toledo.com (http://www.toledo.com/visitorservices/restaurants/index.php - broken link)

If it is a nice day; I suggest you hitting the Toledo zoo. The art museum is fantastic too. Tony Packo's of Klinger/Mash fame is fun. If you like Greek or Hungarian food there are places in Toledo as well. And of course there is German food. Northwest Ohio is loaded with people of German descent. You may be in luck; I think the Walleye could be running. Another must try is Lake Erie perch. God I miss home.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:23 AM

154 posts, read 605,967 times
Mancy's is a good steak house. J Alexander's is good. Bravo's Italian at the Westfield Mall is good. Sukura's is good. It's a Japanese steak house near the mall.

There might be some indoor shows and the Lion King is playing at the Stranahan Hall until the end of the month.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:45 AM

758 posts, read 2,888,880 times
Tony Packo's (the orginal on the east side, not the one at the Park), Mancy's Steakhouse, and the third depends on what you want.

Mexican: El Camino Real
Lebanese/Med: Beirut
General/American: J Alexanders (although it is a chain so it's not really Toledo specific)
Italian: Ciao
Seafood: Real Seafood Co. (chain)
Also, Navy Bistro down on the docks is good.

I love the Saigon Bisto....Vietnemese food. Absolutely nothing fancy, small little strip mall place but the food is amazing.

MY favorite bar and bar food is doc Watsons.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:02 PM

29 posts, read 88,667 times
Go to Tony Packo's, the original restaurant in the Hungarian neighborhood.

I also like Real Seafood, Mancy's (steak), Diva and Georgio's. None of these are nationwide chains, I'm not a fan of chains. These are good places run by locals.

If you are into art, Toledo has a great art museum. It's downtown. I don't think the Mud Hens' season starts until April, otherwise I'd suggest catching a game.

Bar-wise, I like the Blarney and the Bronze Boar (both downtown).

Enjoy your trip! I grew up in Toledo and miss it!

Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM

29 posts, read 88,667 times
Oh, and the zoo is great too if you have kids or just really like animals!

Old 03-13-2008, 02:40 PM

I'm pretty sure real seafood is a chain. I know for sure there is one in Cbus. Either way it is franchised out and a just a great restaurant overall. Classy atmosphere, great location, and great food.

I liked Manhattens a lot too.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:41 PM

Oh, and Gino's Pizza off Central Ave near the Toledo Hospital. GOOOOD do I miss that place. That lunch buffet was heaven.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:24 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,726,101 times
How exactly is this poll relevant to the question asked ? Next time please try and focus on a single topic.
Poll closed.
Yac.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:43 PM

34 posts, read 142,859 times
If your an outdoors type of person, you may want to go down to the Maumee river and try your hand at the walleye spawn. Otherwise, Side Cut park is a great place to unwind and watch the white tail deer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
View detailed profiles of: