Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 08:11 AM

170 posts, read 196,109 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Toledo soon. My job location is near Scott Park campus of UT. I am single, so I am looking for a 1 bedroom or efficiency apartment. I am not looking for a fancy apartment, a safe place to sleep with
a couple of grocery stores around. Rent budget is about 750. I will be driving myself to work. Looking for apartment suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 03:36 AM

896 posts, read 1,852,753 times
Welcome to Toledo. What's the reasonable higher end amount of time your okay with for your commute. You can get anywhere in metropolitan Toledo in 30 mins or less. Generally speaking, nicer, newer complexes are going to be more prevalent the further out of the city you go....the exception being some downtown places. Scott Park isn't in that great of an area so I wouldn't look for super close proximity to work.

Don't be tempted by affordable rents on Airport Hwy, to the south. High crime apartments.

Anything specific you expect or prefer in an apartment, besides no more than 750ish, safe, and groceries nearby?

Old 04-19-2018, 06:59 AM

Default Toledo Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
Welcome to Toledo. What's the reasonable higher end amount of time your okay with for your commute. You can get anywhere in metropolitan Toledo in 30 mins or less. Generally speaking, nicer, newer complexes are going to be more prevalent the further out of the city you go....the exception being some downtown places. Scott Park isn't in that great of an area so I wouldn't look for super close proximity to work.

Don't be tempted by affordable rents on Airport Hwy, to the south. High crime apartments.

Anything specific you expect or prefer in an apartment, besides no more than 750ish, safe, and groceries nearby?
Thank you Tobias C. Higher time limit for commute = 30 minutes

You are correct, Scott Park isn't the best area. Thanks for the heads up about Airport Highway area apartments. I will definitely disregard it.

The $750 budget is not set in stone, it is flexible. Even an efficiency apartment will work. A preferred option is 6 month lease. I am not looking for other amenities because my work will keep me busy.

I am going to be working on a 6 month high tech project io a work visa. Its likely to get extended to 2 years, then I will go back to my home country. I will most likely return on a different project.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:35 PM

Your budget is fine to find a good apartment somewhere safe. The only hard part is finding flexible leases with apartment complexes and companies. Finding a person who just owns a few units somewhere where you can deal with them more personally would be the best thing but it's also harder to find those places if you don't really know the city.

I would search craigslist and other sites like that. If I had your budget for a 1 bedroom apartment, I personally would look in the Old West End but it's hard to describe the safety situation of that area if you're not already familiar.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:32 AM

Default Tracy Creek Apartments Perrysburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
Your budget is fine to find a good apartment somewhere safe. The only hard part is finding flexible leases with apartment complexes and companies. Finding a person who just owns a few units somewhere where you can deal with them more personally would be the best thing but it's also harder to find those places if you don't really know the city.

I would search craigslist and other sites like that. If I had your budget for a 1 bedroom apartment, I personally would look in the Old West End but it's hard to describe the safety situation of that area if you're not already familiar.
I checked out Tracy Creek Apartments in Perrysburg area: New construction, all utilities except electricity included in rent.

Lots of Indian information technology workers (Tata Consultancy Services and Tata Infotech employees) live here on work visa. Work for Owens Corning. Apparently there aren't Americans available to do this work These are managed by Edward Rose and Sons who own several properties in the area.

But the school district ain't the best if you live in this property, so I am hesitant to pull the trigger. I will pursue your suggestion Tobias, much obliged.

Old 04-29-2018, 12:02 PM

That area is perfectly fine I would think if you're okay with the commute. That apartment complex itself has decent ratings.

The school district should be decent around there. That's probably Rossford or Lake Schools. If you want the better public schools.......look just a little further down in Perrysburg. Theres a lot of good apartments in PBurg too.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:35 PM

Tobias C,

Thanks for the reply. Which communities in Toledo have less than the best schools (let's say mid-level schools) but have affordable apartments and decent shopping nevertheless?

Old 04-30-2018, 08:29 PM

I would probably suggest looking in Perrysburg or Sylvania...and maybe Maumee or the Anthony Wayne School District (which is the towns of Waterville and Whitehouse. The best public school is probably Ottawa Hills but there isn't much in the way of rentals in Ottawa Hills. Theres lots of apartment options in Perrysburg and Sylvania you could afford and they are both decent affluent communities.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:57 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times
I'd honestly look at Maumee. Rents are probably cheaper and schools are average there.

What grade levels are you looking at for kids? If they are just elementary and you'll be here a short period of time anyway, I'd also consider the Heatherdowns area of South Toledo for Beverly Elementary or the Washington Local district schools. Some of my nieces/nephews live in what I guess would be more Northwest Toledo near Alexis and the Michigan border near Temperance and Bedford in MI and they go to Washington Local schools that are pretty good schools. You can also consider living in Temperance or Bedford or other close to Toledo Michigan communities. Auto insurance is high though in Michigan but they have decent schools in the closer suburban Michigan districts.

Elmhurst with TPS is also a decent school. Both Beverly and Elmhurst are neighborhood schools. Beverly area would be an easy commute to Scott Park too about 10-15 minutes by car or shorter.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'd honestly look at Maumee. Rents are probably cheaper and schools are average there.

What grade levels are you looking at for kids? If they are just elementary and you'll be here a short period of time anyway, I'd also consider the Heatherdowns area of South Toledo for Beverly Elementary or the Washington Local district schools. Some of my nieces/nephews live in what I guess would be more Northwest Toledo near Alexis and the Michigan border near Temperance and Bedford in MI and they go to Washington Local schools that are pretty good schools. You can also consider living in Temperance or Bedford or other close to Toledo Michigan communities. Auto insurance is high though in Michigan but they have decent schools in the closer suburban Michigan districts.

Elmhurst with TPS is also a decent school. Both Beverly and Elmhurst are neighborhood schools. Beverly area would be an easy commute to Scott Park too about 10-15 minutes by car or shorter.
Okay, I will look at Maumee. Are you familiar or have suggestions regarding any apartment complexes in the area?

Last edited by seenu; 05-03-2018 at 12:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo