Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2009, 06:37 AM

14 posts, read 25,075 times

Advertisements

I am starting my PhD program at UT by the next month. I am from middle east and my wife is a physician and I am going to have a baby soon..! I am searching for apartments near UT and I want a safe place to live with about 500-600 $ per month. neighbors are so important...( no blue collar families ) , I prefer to live near educated people and families. how can I find this place? I'll appreciate any one who helps me through this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 05:13 PM

914 posts, read 1,984,280 times
Blue collar isn't necessarily somethingI would seek to avoid. Blue collar families live in nice neighborhoods and in apartments far more expensive than $500-600. Everywhere in Toledo professional-types and blue-collar types live next to each other.

That being said, it depends on which campus you'll be on. If you're on the Health Science Campus then I would look to South Toledo, Maumee, or Springfield. If you are on the Main Campus then I would look into Northwest Toledo, Sylvania, or Ottawa Hills. You could also consider downtown regardless of where you work if you like that environment.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:22 AM

Thanx Hey_Hey...!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:25 AM

758 posts, read 2,889,700 times
I always liked Lake of the Woods apts off Bancroft and McCord. Pretty quick commute to campus, nice neighborhood like setting, and when I was there the neighbors were all real nice. 3 years ago it was in the price range....I assume it still is.

And the biggest plus.....it's across the street from Mr. Freeze!

I would avoid any of the apartments right next to campus as those are usually filled with undergrads and can tend to be noisy and rowdy.

What are you getting your doctorate in?

Old 07-11-2009, 03:31 AM

Thanks for your reply, I am getting my PhD in Management, my wife is a physician and we are going to find a safe and also not so expensive place...a prefer Ottawa hills area but I don't know if I could find an apartment by 400-500 $ per month. I am trying to find a place near UT but hate noisy areas....

Old 07-11-2009, 04:24 PM

758 posts, read 2,889,700 times
Goodluck....one tip if you're looking for places in Ottawa hills.....stay away from Terrace View. It's technically in Toledo but on the border with Ottawa hills and off the bike path. The walls are paper thin. I knew my upstairs neighbors "intimately" and I only met them once or twice in the hallways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo