Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 08:01 AM

8 posts, read 6,750 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a job online before I get to Canada but if I don't get one can I go to Toronto and look personally?

Can I apply for a work permit if I'm already there or will there be problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 09:09 AM

681 posts, read 1,560,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmed32 View Post
I'm looking for a job online before I get to Canada but if I don't get one can I go to Toronto and look personally?

Can I apply for a work permit if I'm already there or will there be problems?
If you travel to Canada and tell the immigration/customs officer you are coming to look for work they will put you on the first plane back home. No you can't get a work permit once you are here.

You could come on "vacation" to see if Canada fits your needs/ability and while you are here see if there is any opportunity (do NOT apply for jobs or you could jeopardize your ability to stay/return to Canada), return home and apply for jobs and a work permit from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto