Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 04:00 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I care more about the law abiding Blacks than I do the hood rats/thugs. They are lost. The hardworking Blacks, the decent Blacks, separate them from the hood rats(keyword is hood rat) and they do better. If hood rats go to prison or end up killing themselves off, that is one less hood rat in society.

And I've learned something else. Staying out of trouble won't keep a police from profiling someone. I've learned this through my father. I've been in the car when the police would follow him and pull him over for arbitrary crap. He wasn't making trouble or anything like that. This is why I care. I care because I care about how I get treated. Why shouldn't I care how I get treated?

Considering that there are alot of Blacks in prison, I would say someone is ratting them out alot. A better question is why the recidivism rate is so high. Black criminals can be removed from Black neighborhoods,put in prison, and then go back and commit crimes, just like criminals of any other race.

If the main victims of Black-related crimes are Blacks themselves, why do you only care if non-Blacks get hurt? By that logic, I could just say that I don't care how non-Blacks are impacted. I won't say that. However, if you can think in those terms, then what is to stop some Blacks from thinking on those terms?

I never said I didn't care about crime. I am saying that the discrimination Black people go through has been taking place even before there were crime problems. When someone said "Blacks deserve it because of their crimes", it's a cop out to me. It's an excuse. I look at it from the perspective of "since when have Blacks not been hated and looked down on"? Why? Because historically, that is how it has always been, going back to the old days of colonial North America.

And you only talk about Toronto. Winnipeg and some cities in Western Canada have been named "murder capital of Canada" many times, and those cities have far smaller Black populations (both in percentage and raw numbers) than Toronto.
Don't waste your time debating this one too much. I think the vast majority of logical open minded people already know or at least get what you are saying. Certain people on this forum who seem to continue to be pushing the what I am intrepeting as an anti-black vibe clearly are not absorbing any of the logic anyone has already or will ever put in front of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 04:37 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Don't waste your time debating this one too much. I think the vast majority of logical open minded people already know or at least get what you are saying. Certain people on this forum who seem to continue to be pushing the what I am intrepeting as an anti-black vibe clearly are not absorbing any of the logic anyone has already or will ever put in front of them.
i shouldn't be wasting time on those who are bigots. On the other hand, something about their posts makes me think "I have to stand up to said persons. If I don't, they'll keep doing this". I feel like I'm letting people push me around.

I understand there are many Black criminals. I'm in favor of any criminal going to prison and doing the time. I don't excuse anyone's criminal behavior. What I don't like are people who try to justify racial discrimination, as if I shouldn't be concerned about it. What irks me are those who used crime statistics of Blacks to justify treating all Black people poorly and then expect Blacks to just take it. I pretty much say "why should I take it"? The way I see it, I can leave a crime-ridden neighborhood. I can call the police on any known criminal. That is within MY power. What isn't within my power are those judging me based on the very worst of the Black population.

What I'm in favor of is ALL people being treated fairly.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:51 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times
Quote:
I care more about the law abiding Blacks than I do the hood rats/thugs. They are lost. The hardworking Blacks, the decent Blacks, separate them from the hood rats(keyword is hood rat) and they do better. If hood rats go to prison or end up killing themselves off, that is one less hood rat in society.
I understand the distinction between law abiding blacks and the criminal ones. Why can't you understand the distinction of people disliking blacks who behave badly and those who dislike blacks because of their skin color? Those are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT groups of people and I'm pretty sure many non-blacks who dislike blacks fall under the former group. Namely if blacks would change their behavior, people's perceptions of them would change as well? It really is that simple.

Quote:
And I've learned something else. Staying out of trouble won't keep a police from profiling someone. I've learned this through my father. I've been in the car when the police would follow him and pull him over for arbitrary crap. He wasn't making trouble or anything like that. This is why I care. I care because I care about how I get treated. Why shouldn't I care how I get treated?
That's the end result of DECADES of violent and criminal behavior from blacks. Sucks that decent black people are profiled as well but as I've said numerous times before, black other black people and not the police or non-blacks. On the otherhand if blacks had crime rates as low as asians in Toronto do and they were STILL profiled, then that would be a who different story.

Quote:
If the main victims of Black-related crimes are Blacks themselves, why do you only care if non-Blacks get hurt? By that logic, I could just say that I don't care how non-Blacks are impacted. I won't say that. However, if you can think in those terms, then what is to stop some Blacks from thinking on those terms?
I care because all this crime is happening on streets SHARED between blacks and non-blacks. As I've said before, if all this crime was happening in an isolated predominately black town outside of the GTA, I wouldn't care nearly as much because they were only harming themselves. But that isn't the case.

When bullets fly on the streets of Toronto, innocent people can be injured or even killed. Just a couple of months ago an innocent woman at a nightclub was shot dead because the black shooter shot and killed not only his intended black male target, but also that woman who was at the wrong place at the wrong time. And just a few days ago a black woman randomly out of the blue threw some corresive liquid onto an innocent non-black kid and his father for no apparent reason.

THIS is the kind of black behavior that's screwing up Toronto day in and day out and which if black people didn't live here, wouldn't happen anywhere near as often as it does now. Even just the past few days a black male was murdered in downtown Toronto and another was stabbed yesterday. Just the same old crap happening nearly everyday with black people.

Quote:
I never said I didn't care about crime. I am saying that the discrimination Black people go through has been taking place even before there were crime problems. When someone said "Blacks deserve it because of their crimes", it's a cop out to me. It's an excuse. I look at it from the perspective of "since when have Blacks not been hated and looked down on"? Why? Because historically, that is how it has always been, going back to the old days of colonial North America.
And again I say that any discrimination against blacks these days would be MINIMAL if blacks weren't so violent and criminal as they have been for decades. Show me even ONE ten year period where blacks in Canada or the US have EVER had low crime and murder rates. Pretty much NEVER. Again I'll say if blacks had crime rates as low as whites or asians did, things would be MUCH different, but I guess this will always be speculation considering blacks will NEVER have low crime rates in any significant scale anywhere.

Quote:
And you only talk about Toronto. Winnipeg and some cities in Western Canada have been named "murder capital of Canada" many times, and those cities have far smaller Black populations (both in percentage and raw numbers) than Toronto.
And again I'll say for Winnipeg and a few other places, look at how much of that violent crime is committed by Natives compared to everyone else living there. And in most major cities in Canada that are predominately non-black and non-native populated, crime and murder rates are VERY low. So while not perfect, it seems like most people who aren't either black or native in Canada can seemingly live with each other in a mostly peaceful and non-violent manner.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:44 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,525,831 times
Quote:
There are problems on the Prairies with marginalized and traumatized indigenous folks. It's a sad state of affairs.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
There are problems on the Prairies with marginalized and traumatized indigenous folks. It's a sad state of affairs.
The Natives are to blame for many of their problems though. I mean who in their right mind would want to choose to live in the middle of nowhere where even basic necessities like water, electricity, garbage collection are so difficult to provide for them? And its especially dumb for them to do this when they have so many social problems that need to be addressed.

As I said before imagine if they simply just moved closer to civilization and lived in their own neighborhoods outside a major town or city so that they can still be on their own without being so isolated from civilization and help. Wouldn't that make more sense? All the money that Canadian taxpayers have spent on keeping Natives alive in far off places over many decades, you could've built them entirely new towns with brand new houses for them instead a LONG TIME AGO. Canadians would've saved a ton of money and many Natives wouldn't still be living in squalor or out of hotel rooms.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:00 AM

Default You clearly read what you want out of history...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The Natives are to blame for many of their problems though. I mean who in their right mind would want to choose to live in the middle of nowhere where even basic necessities like water, electricity, garbage collection are so difficult to provide for them? And its especially dumb for them to do this when they have so many social problems that need to be addressed.

As I said before imagine if they simply just moved closer to civilization and lived in their own neighborhoods outside a major town or city so that they can still be on their own without being so isolated from civilization and help. Wouldn't that make more sense? All the money that Canadian taxpayers have spent on keeping Natives alive in far off places over many decades, you could've built them entirely new towns with brand new houses for them instead a LONG TIME AGO. Canadians would've saved a ton of money and many Natives wouldn't still be living in squalor or out of hotel rooms.
You clearly read history from a very white/Anglo perspective. The Europeans came here to steal things from people that were already here. Then create treaties (formal agreements) with them so they allow them (the people that just barged in and tried to steal their land and harm their people) to share the space with them peacefully then they don't hold up their part of the agreement and continue to cheat and harm their people so .... it is their fault? Interesting delusion. So basically you are okay with any other culture group and people that just do as you think they should because as long as they don't get in your way and make sure to be dominated. Good luck pushing that concept to the rest of the world ! This kind of mentality when magnified is what makes the rest of the world have anti-western views. You don't own the world... you get to live in it. Your views and values are not any more important then anyone else. The white western man is not longer calling the shots around the world.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
You clearly read history from a very white/Anglo perspective. The Europeans came here to steal things from people that were already here. Then create treaties (formal agreements) with them so they allow them (the people that just barged in and tried to steal their land and harm their people) to share the space with them peacefully then they don't hold up their part of the agreement and continue to cheat and harm their people so .... it is their fault? Interesting delusion. So basically you are okay with any other culture group and people that just do as you think they should because as long as they don't get in your way and make sure to be dominated. Good luck pushing that concept to the rest of the world ! This kind of mentality when magnified is what makes the rest of the world have anti-western views. You don't own the world... you get to live in it. Your views and values are not any more important then anyone else. The white western man is not longer calling the shots around the world.
I'm not talking about the distant past. I'm talking about the recent past and the present. Blame westerners for stealing Native land and their possessions if you want, that doesn't matter to my point. Namely in recent years Canadians have spent a ton of money with relatively little result in raising the quality of life for Natives across Canada. Much of that is because many Natives live in distant, isolated communities where they usually can't survive on their own and its all compounded by their crime and social problems.

What I'm saying is that many of the problems that Natives have NOW can be resolved or at least be more effectively addressed if they would live closer to civilization. They could be provided with proper housing and basic necessities and other services much more easily and would be much, MUCH better off than they are now if they had as I said above simply moved close to a major town or city and created their own neighborhoods nearby. Its much easier and cheaper to help Natives if they're living near people than in the middle of nowhere don't you think? That was my point. It doesn't matter how they got to their predicament, it matters that they're not taking the proper steps to resolve their problems in the present.

So the end result is what you currently see that has been going on for decades now. Native communities don't improve their standard of living, nor do they solve their social and crime problems and Canadians continue to waste money on them with very little to show for. What I'm saying is instead of continuing to do the same old sh$t, lets try something different so that everyone gets what they want and is happier.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about the distant past. I'm talking about the recent past and the present. Blame westerners for stealing Native land and their possessions if you want, that doesn't matter to my point. Namely in recent years Canadians have spent a ton of money with relatively little result in raising the quality of life for Natives across Canada. Much of that is because many Natives live in distant, isolated communities where they usually can't survive on their own and its all compounded by their crime and social problems.

What I'm saying is that many of the problems that Natives have NOW can be resolved or at least be more effectively addressed if they would live closer to civilization. They could be provided with proper housing and basic necessities and other services much more easily and would be much, MUCH better off than they are now if they had as I said above simply moved close to a major town or city and created their own neighborhoods nearby. Its much easier and cheaper to help Natives if they're living near people than in the middle of nowhere don't you think? That was my point. It doesn't matter how they got to their predicament, it matters that they're not taking the proper steps to resolve their problems in the present.

So the end result is what you currently see that has been going on for decades now. Native communities don't improve their standard of living, nor do they solve their social and crime problems and Canadians continue to waste money on them with very little to show for. What I'm saying is instead of continuing to do the same old sh$t, lets try something different so that everyone gets what they want and is happier.

This train of thought only works for the oppressor and not the oppressed (ex the abuser and not the victim). It is easy for the oppressor to just toss away how actions of the past against the oppressed have cripples them on multiple levels. It is just a further excuse by the oppressor to down play the negative impact their actions had on the oppressed and to further throw insult to injury in the face of the victim. This is the "great" European western influence on the rest of the world. You see progress as any actions taken to benefit your cause and to inflict your culture, views and values on others. Just toss away the past because the oppressor does not want to take accountability for its actions. Heaven forbid a thief be expected to return stolen goods.

Why is accountability only expected for some groups, but not everyone. Case in point European taking away land that belongs to someone else to help compensate a group of people that European persecuted? When you steal from someone and that person demands pay back how is stealing from another person not involved in the conflict and creating another victim of your oppression a fair just solution. Europeans has historically treated much of the world as its playground without any human and social regard for those who inhabit other places. Now over the last century as the decedents of the people and lands that have been robbed and pillaged have encroached your boards and moved in next door to indirectly grab back some of the wealth that was stolen. Now that you are not in our lands robbing, stealing and abusing us now you suddenly feel uncomfortable and you feel that there needs to be accountability? What a joke! Some one hits you. You try to hit back to defend yourself, but it is suddenly not ok to hit because the person that threw the first blow has suddenly changed the rules and expectations to suit their best interests. The oppressed/victims now need to convey accountability when the oppressor/ abuser choose not take any accountability for their actions. If the world or systems in the world are not just and fair to everyone then the historical underdog/victim/oppressed have no reason to buy in to the BS!

We cry terrorist or terrorism when anything happens to us... but do not take accountability for the role our ancestorys and government have had in creating and giving birth to these anti-western movements. Doing something wrong should be wrong regardless of who it is being done to!

You can choose to continue to blame the oppressed or victim because it suits your agenda or you can acknowledge the damage done and take accountability and make legitimate efforts to work with the victims to help try to reverse the damage done. It is much easier to cause damage then to heal it! Is is easier to kill someone then to give birth to someone. The fact that you say Canadian's vs Natives and separate the group makes to laugh because it symbolically puts the rightful owner of place in a cage on their own property. Sounds fair right? Your posts really suggests you totally lack empathy or lack knowledge of the hard core historical facts behind these issues. I am not say you do lack empathy or lack knowledge, but your ongoing stance of this topic strongly suggests this.

Old 11-13-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Why is accountability only expected for some groups, but not everyone. Case in point European taking away land that belongs to someone else to help compensate a group of people that European persecuted? When you steal from someone and that person demands pay back how is stealing from another person not involved in the conflict and creating another victim of your oppression a fair just solution. Europeans has historically treated much of the world as its playground without any human and social regard for those who inhabit other places. Now over the last century as the decedents of the people and lands that have been robbed and pillaged have encroached your boards and moved in next door to indirectly grab back some of the wealth that was stolen. Now that you are not in our lands robbing, stealing and abusing us now you suddenly feel uncomfortable and you feel that there needs to be accountability? What a joke! Some one hits you. You try to hit back to defend yourself, but it is suddenly not ok to hit because the person that threw the first blow has suddenly changed the rules and expectations to suit their best interests. The oppressed/victims now need to convey accountability when the oppressor/ abuser choose not take any accountability for their actions. If the world or systems in the world are not just and fair to everyone then the historical underdog/victim/oppressed have no reason to buy in to the BS!
You keep bringing up Europeans talking about them as if they were pure evil, but they did pretty much what every group of humans have done since the beginning of time. Namely they became the strongest people and therefore they were able to go out and shape the world as they wished. That isn't an European issue, that's just human nature where the strongest and toughest conquered and subjugated the weak.

If a few hundred years ago, blacks for example became the strongest, most modern civilizations rather than asian or cauasian ones, they probably would've went out and conquered and pillaged and murdered the just same as everyone did. Don't make it sound like if blacks were the strongest nations that they would've made peace with everyone they met. The problem is they weren't the strongest and therefore they were the ones who were conquered and ever since they've done nothing but b$tch and complain about it and fight amongst each other for scraps even as much of the world has acknowledged what they did in the past was wrong and have tried for decades to help African nations back on their feet.

But blacks being blacks, they have no interest in working together for a better country. They just want to take whatever you have because to them short term gratification is better than long term gain.

Quote:
We cry terrorist or terrorism when anything happens to us... but do not take accountability for the role our ancestorys and government have had in creating and giving birth to these anti-western movements. Doing something wrong should be wrong regardless of who it is being done to!
Its religion that's the biggest problem here. Religion makes Muslims fight Muslims and Muslims fight foreigners. Even if the world stayed out of the Mideast and Africa, you can bet your ass that the constant fighting among themselves would eventually involve the world anyways.

So while western nations aren't helping themselves by sticking their noses in Mideast/African affairs, lets just be truthful and say that even if the world chose to have nothing to do with them, it would just be delaying the inevitable.

Quote:
You can choose to continue to blame the oppressed or victim because it suits your agenda or you can acknowledge the damage done and take accountability and make legitimate efforts to work with the victims to help try to reverse the damage done. It is much easier to cause damage then to heal it! Is is easier to kill someone then to give birth to someone. The fact that you say Canadian's vs Natives and separate the group makes to laugh because it symbolically puts the rightful owner of place in a cage on their own property. Sounds fair right? Your posts really suggests you totally lack empathy or lack knowledge of the hard core historical facts behind these issues. I am not say you do lack empathy or lack knowledge, but your ongoing stance of this topic strongly suggests this.
I blame the victim for ONLY the fact that they can't let the past go and live in the present and build a better future for their people. No one is saying to forget the past and sweep it under the rug, but its IRRELEVANT to the present and the future.

Hypothetically lets say I was a Native person and my grandparents and great great grandparents etc were horribly treated by the Canadian government or Europeans before them. Obviously that's terrible, but what does that have to do with ME and my family living in 2015? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The past has no bearing on my work ethic and my parenting skills and how I can CHOOSE to properly raise my children so that they can grow up to be decent people with a good education so that they can get a decent job.

I can either sit down and do nothing but complain and b$tch about the past and demand apologies and repatrations or I can just do what's right and live my life and raise my kids to the best of my abilities so that not only can my family improve, but also my community. Blacks and Natives choose to spend their time complaining and look where they are now. People like the Chinese and Koreans who have had their nations completely devastated by war chose to move on and rebuild rather than waste time complaining about Japan and demanding compensation from them and look where they are now.

Neither the Chinese or Koreans have completely forgiven the Japanese for what they did in WWII, but they didn't dwell on it forever and instead chose to work together to rebuild their nations to become prosperous again. If blacks and Natives could do the same, they would be much, MUCH better off than where they are now. Plain and simple.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:40 AM

Default Absolutely clueless ... sad lol

Quote:
You keep bringing up Europeans talking about them as if they were pure evil, but they did pretty much what every group of humans have done since the beginning of time. Namely they became the strongest people and therefore they were able to go out and shape the world as they wished. That isn't an European issue, that's just human nature where the strongest and toughest conquered and subjugated the weak.

If a few hundred years ago, blacks for example became the strongest, most modern civilizations rather than asian or cauasian ones, they probably would've went out and conquered and pillaged and murdered the just same as everyone did. Don't make it sound like if blacks were the strongest nations that they would've made peace with everyone they met. The problem is they weren't the strongest and therefore they were the ones who were conquered and ever since they've done nothing but b$tch and complain about it and fight amongst each other for scraps even as much of the world has acknowledged what they did in the past was wrong and have tried for decades to help African nations back on their feet.

But blacks being blacks, they have no interest in working together for a better country. They just want to take whatever you have because to them short term gratification is better than long term gain.

Its religion that's the biggest problem here. Religion makes Muslims fight Muslims and Muslims fight foreigners. Even if the world stayed out of the Mideast and Africa, you can bet your ass that the constant fighting among themselves would eventually involve the world anyways.

So while western nations aren't helping themselves by sticking their noses in Mideast/African affairs, lets just be truthful and say that even if the world chose to have nothing to do with them, it would just be delaying the inevitable.

I blame the victim for ONLY the fact that they can't let the past go and live in the present and build a better future for their people. No one is saying to forget the past and sweep it under the rug, but its IRRELEVANT to the present and the future.

Hypothetically lets say I was a Native person and my grandparents and great great grandparents etc were horribly treated by the Canadian government or Europeans before them. Obviously that's terrible, but what does that have to do with ME and my family living in 2015? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The past has no bearing on my work ethic and my parenting skills and how I can CHOOSE to properly raise my children so that they can grow up to be decent people with a good education so that they can get a decent job.

I can either sit down and do nothing but complain and b$tch about the past and demand apologies and repatrations or I can just do what's right and live my life and raise my kids to the best of my abilities so that not only can my family improve, but also my community. Blacks and Natives choose to spend their time complaining and look where they are now. People like the Chinese and Koreans who have had their nations completely devastated by war chose to move on and rebuild rather than waste time complaining about Japan and demanding compensation from them and look where they are now.

Neither the Chinese or Koreans have completely forgiven the Japanese for what they did in WWII, but they didn't dwell on it forever and instead chose to work together to rebuild their nations to become prosperous again. If blacks and Natives could do the same, they would be much, MUCH better off than where they are now. Plain and simple.
Absolutelyclueless, out of touch and sad comments. Using the ridiculous tone of your comments I guess you can blame the Jewish people for the Holocaust because if they were fitter then Hitler and the German Arm they could have organize themselves better as a community and they would have not been able to force the Jews in to those concentration camps. Blame the Pilipino people for getting wiped out by Typhoon Haiyan because if they learned how to run fast enough and swim better they would have never drowned in those waters. For anyone who thinks like this good luck living on your island of hate. If you convey no mercy or compassion to your fellow humans do not dare expect any back. If you work towards building hate in the world, it will be reciprocated against you, consume and destroy you ... after all we reap what we sow !

Last edited by klmrocks; 11-13-2015 at 09:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto