Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 05:15 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,912,809 times

Advertisements

Porter has recently placed an order for up to 30 Bombardier C-series Jet aircraft!

Porter

These aircraft are much more substantial than the current Q400's operating out of Billy Bishop airport - bigger, jet powered with longer range that would potentially open up the DT airport to many more markets. Having said that, it will require political approval at the municipal level and mods to the airport including runway extension.

So - good thing or bad for our city? I'm thinking if there is a demand for this type of service that it'll be great for the economy and the city......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 06:31 PM

Great! Due to complete lack of response my fellow citizens are all for this expansion and agree it is a great thing for the economic prosperity of not only our city - but our country (Bombardier)... Now lets start building Billy Bishop to get ready for these bad boys!

Bombardier

Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,744,759 times
Definitely GREAT news. it means

better airport access for downtowners
more jobs downtown
boost to tourism (easy to fly into)
more tax revenue
more competition on air fare
good for Bombardier

Honestly I can't think of one negative thing about the expansion.
And I love Porter.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:04 PM

I totally agree - I also think it will be a boon for business travel as well..

This one is going to be rocky though - the NIMBY's will be out in FULL force! Some Councillors are already having fits of rage and acting like loons..

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Definitely GREAT news. it means

better airport access for downtowners
more jobs downtown
boost to tourism (easy to fly into)
more tax revenue
more competition on air fare
good for Bombardier

Honestly I can't think of one negative thing about the expansion.
And I love Porter.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,744,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I totally agree - I also think it will be a boon for business travel as well..

This one is going to be rocky though - the NIMBY's will be out in FULL force! Some Councillors are already having fits of rage and acting like loons..
yeah, some wise city council is already claiming Porter is "paving" Lake Ontario and the water quality will be affected.

I am so sick of NIMBYs who are against anything. Why don't they just move to Thunder Bay where nothing ever changes?

Old 04-15-2013, 07:19 PM

Well after City Council they may need a job so best support the flippin airport expansion and the spinoff benefits it represents lol, otherwise, they may have to move to TB to find a job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
yeah, some wise city council is already claiming Porter is "paving" Lake Ontario and the water quality will be affected.

I am so sick of NIMBYs who are against anything. Why don't they just move to Thunder Bay where nothing ever changes?

Old 04-15-2013, 07:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,518,653 times
Those "C" series might even be quieter than the turbos they're replacing. Stupid people.

I want to rant about Pearson now. I harken back to the day's when the first gravel was being crushed and laid for that airport and there was absolutely nothing around that area then.

So what do we have today? An international airport that basically shuts down every night because stupid people bought houses beside an airport then demanded the thing be quiet. Cripes!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM

Great point! I'm sure we have lost traffic due to nightime restrictions and this has harmed our economy- particularly Cargo Ops that typically operate during that time.. Hey Hamilton has reaped the rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Those "C" series might even be quieter than the turbos they're replacing. Stupid people.

I want to rant about Pearson now. I harken back to the day's when the first gravel was being crushed and laid for that airport and there was absolutely nothing around that area then.

So what do we have today? An international airport that basically shuts down every night because stupid people bought houses beside an airport then demanded the thing be quiet. Cripes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto