Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 08:09 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydenmoorie View Post
during January the temprature of Toronto city will be in minus that makes our city more beautiful.
you are just kidding yourself.
Without green trees, grass and flowers, people all bundled up in dark coloured clothes, mostly cloudy days, with dirty snow from weeks ago and all the slush on the sidewalk, our city is more beautiful? And I am sure standing by our waterfront in the -20C with windchill looking at bleak Toronto islands is more beautiful than a sunny July afternoon.

Does being positive mean being delusional?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronshaw View Post
can I use US dollars or should I get canadian dollars before I come.
Ron
1 CAD is only worth 0.93-94 USD now, and they will probably take your USD for $1CAD, so it is not worth it. You are better off getting some CAD in advance if you plan to use a lot of cash. Most places accept credit cards though.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,400 times
you got the right idea about taking the tour bus. that's real good.

the new aquarium beside the cn tower is worth checking out.

here's some more ideas:

[URL="http://traveltorontonow.blogspot.ca/2013/11/11-things-to-dosee-when-you-visit.html"]traveltorontonow.blogspot.ca/2013/11/11-things-to-dosee-when-you-visit.html[/URL]

Old 12-22-2013, 07:43 PM

331 posts, read 592,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Without green trees, grass and flowers, people all bundled up in dark coloured clothes, mostly cloudy days, with dirty snow from weeks ago and all the slush on the sidewalk, our city is more beautiful? And I am sure standing by our waterfront in the -20C with windchill looking at bleak Toronto islands is more beautiful than a sunny July afternoon.

I bet it looks real nice right night with all the ice on the trees

Old 12-22-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzKpfw View Post
I bet it looks real nice right night with all the ice on the trees
if you don't fall on the icy roads, probably.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:38 AM

325 posts, read 1,036,443 times
Jaysus Botticelli, when is the Ghost of Christmas Past visiting you tonight again? He's penciled in for what, 11pm, right?

Old 12-25-2013, 11:29 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,144 times
Quote:

Something tells me botticelli has never heard the phrase Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You could easily shoot back at botticelli and say "Oh yeah a nice muggy July day with feels like temperature of 45 where it's so smoggy you can't even see the island. You're delusional"

Or just say, to each their own.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:04 PM

14 posts, read 18,952 times
I was in Toronto for 2 days in August and took the sightseeing bus and saw all major sights and tourist attractions. I stayed in a clean and nice hotel called Isabella Hotel on Sherbourne Street in Downtown for $60 only. Day after I took sightseeing daytour to Niagara Falls!

Yes, most places accept US dollars but some may have special rate and/or give you back CAN dollar.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Something tells me botticelli has never heard the phrase Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You could easily shoot back at botticelli and say "Oh yeah a nice muggy July day with feels like temperature of 45 where it's so smoggy you can't even see the island. You're delusional"

Or just say, to each their own.
The phrase Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is what mothers tell their average looking daughters.
For 95% of people, beauty is beauty. There is very little ambiguity. People may find different cities interesting, but in terms of beauty, there is not much up for subjective interpretation.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:18 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,144 times
Quote:
For 95% of people, beauty is beauty. There is very little ambiguity.
And what do you base this on?

Lord knows why I ask. You accused somebody of liking different weather than you of being mentally ill..... lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto