Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 08:03 AM

2 posts, read 5,730 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am new to this forum. I going to finish my engineering degree(electronic and electrical) and my masters(renewable energy) in two years. I am thinking of moving to Canada in order to experience something different.
I would like to know, whether UK degrees are highly respected in Canada, and if their is a big engineering market?
If the average wages are good enough for engineers?

I' ve heard that canadians are extremely kind. Is that the case?

If you need any additional information let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 08:32 AM

701 posts, read 1,900,998 times
Yes, UK degrees are highly regarded in Canada for sure. There seems to be a big fuss over "renewable energy" in Canada/Ontario right now, so I guess your job prospect is pretty good, especially in the public sector. The Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is one of the biggest employer here in Toronto, and you may check it out.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:42 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,959,438 times
British technical degrees are well regarded but note that each province has it's own licensing requirements to be a licensed Professional Engineer. You may need additional Canadian experience or courses to become a P.Eng & get more senior/better paying jobs.

Professional Engineers Ontario:
Professional Engineers Ontario: Welcome to PEO's website

Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 5,730 times
Thank you very much for the answers!
I'll check OPG!!
Yes I am aware that I'll probably need a licence but that will be the case even if I stay in the UK..

Old 08-24-2010, 08:43 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
Check out a company called Santec. Big in your field. They do very interesting jobs all over the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto