Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:52 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,860,623 times

Advertisements

No, and I'll give Ford credit for that, and if I were to buy from a domestic Ford would be the onlyone to get a shot at it. They make a good truck, only problem is I keep my vehicles till the wheels are about to fall off and in 08 I bought a 08 tundra dblcb and I'll consider buying a Ford in about 2020 or so when the Tundra may need replacing if it's giving me to much trouble, but I wouldn't count on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 01:05 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
There's hype, then there's the sales numbers, and Toyota sales are way down. It is offering unheard of rebates and financing to move product and try and jump start sales.
No ***** Sherlock, and what do you think caused that? The hype.

Geez, you people just are dense aren't you!

Old 03-27-2010, 01:15 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
These cars are not ruined from the bad press. They have not changed one bit.

If you know someone that thinks they are ruined and they want to sell cheap, DM me, I will gladly take it off their hands. Well, maybe not the Prius, I did not like them much to begin with.
There are a ton of people who now driveToyota who hates Toyota. There are a ton of people who would have before Toyota because this mess occurred.

My point is, whether or not the cars are ruined is completely meaningless. The point is, a massive amount of people now have a bad opinion on Toyota. I think it has alot to do with the way they have handled the recalls more than the actual recall.

Honda had a recall of nearly half a million just a few days after the first Toyota recall...didn't get any attention because they handled it well.

Your opinion doesnt matter about Toyota nor does mine. What matters is their sale numbers have dropped by a massive amount.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:57 AM

2,168 posts, read 3,388,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
Toyota makes the best cars in the world. If people believe this smear the media is manufacturing, they will depriving themselves of a great car. Toyota is fixing the problem, and will be a better company for it.

FORD??? LOL! IF Toyota ever started making cars as bad as the Detroit 3, I would go to Honda or Hyundai. Detroit lost my trust an patronage 20 years ago after decades of shafting me and all their customers. I'd rather drive a used Yugo over a new GM.
If you think Toyota makes the best cars, you really need to get out more.

20 years ago...that says it all.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:19 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
Toyota makes the best cars in the world. If people believe this smear the media is manufacturing, they will depriving themselves of a great car. Toyota is fixing the problem, and will be a better company for it.

FORD??? LOL! IF Toyota ever started making cars as bad as the Detroit 3, I would go to Honda or Hyundai. Detroit lost my trust an patronage 20 years ago after decades of shafting me and all their customers. I'd rather drive a used Yugo over a new GM.

Clearly you have not driven the new Fords, GM's, or Chryslers. The camery a friend of mine just bought, is frankly the poorest quality built vehicle i've seen in years. The thing doesn't ride any better than my old 97 f350, has no power (granted it is a 4 cyl) and when i drove it today, the 2 miles to town seemed like 10 miles, it drives that bad! My job, I am in 10-15 dealerships a day, and believe me I've seen and checked them all out. Toyota is not the best built and have not been for years. I would put Ford,(this includes the lincoln's, which is by far the most improved to possibly the best on the market quality) Mercedes, 5, 6, 7 series BMWs, and Cadillac as the best built. The new trucks from Gm, Dodge (especially the improvements in Dodge) and Ford are the best built vehicles on the road, bar none. like i said, i'm in dealerships all day everyday, and i've seen them all up close and driven most of them.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:19 AM

890 posts, read 3,701,554 times
I'm thinking about renting a Camry from my local Toyota dealer to see if they've fixed the interior quality issues the current body style had when they first came out.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:39 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Another example of folks believing the hype.

I laugh everytime a Toyota lover complains about the hype. How do you think they got to be so popular in the first place? It was the hype that they believed that made people run out and buy them.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:22 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I laugh everytime a Toyota lover complains about the hype. How do you think they got to be so popular in the first place? It was the hype that they believed that made people run out and buy them.
Typical... I am not a 'Toyota lover'. I have very little brand loyalty.

Unlike some of you folks, I am rational about all this.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:18 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,706,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
I'm thinking about renting a Camry from my local Toyota dealer to see if they've fixed the interior quality issues the current body style had when they first came out.
You could probably just take one for a test drive from a dealership for free. I don't know a bout the interior quality over time, but the last Camry I sat in was pretty bland experience imo.

Rgaerding hype, that's Toyota's biggest problem - it has for some time now sold cars based on reputation and hype, not marketplace merits like quality or style. Its cars have been lacking style or verve for a long while, and now that people aren't as likely to blindly buy a new Toyota to replace their old one, Toyota needs to do something to become competitive to the non-loyal buyer again. Short term, its giving away a ton of money to get sales, but that won't last forever.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:11 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,677,126 times
As someone on here put it so well....Toyota buyers lost faith in the domestics many years ago. If/when they lose faith in Toyota...the beneficiaries will be Honda, Hyundai, etc.

Sorry domestic fans, that's just the way it is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion