Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM

333 posts, read 977,714 times

Advertisements

In about 3 weeks I'll be leaving through the LAX Tom Bradley terminal, but I'll be arriving from Terminal 4. Last time I went through L.A. they must've changed where some airlines come through, cause I know I walked down the sidewalk to probably Terminal 7, but we think the Tom Bradley one is the terminal my mom went through 5 years ago. She says she remembers going down a flight of stairs with her luggage. I just want some clear directions from Term. 4 to the international term. Any people who've recently flown from Term. 4 and the international one, or know the airport really well would be helpful. I just don't wanna get myself turned around, especially since this is a different terminal from my last trip. Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,294,472 times
Your best bet is to just look at their site/maps. Directions don't get much clearer than this!

Los Angeles LAX Airport Terminal Map

Old 01-21-2011, 11:09 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,863,068 times
Would this help you ???

Use the blue bus Route A to get from one terminal to the other.
You can walk from 4 to TBI.

For anybody else ....
BTW, Make sure you remember where you parked your car !!!!
Especially if you park *off-site*.
Take a pic with your camera where it was, with some land references ....
Been there done that
Attached Thumbnails
LAX international terminal-lax.jpg  

Old 01-21-2011, 01:52 PM

Thanks all. I had looked at maps earlier, although I did wanna know how to get there from Term. 4, I mainly also wondered how long of a walk it appeared to be. As the last time I was there, it took 15 mins (with luggage) from Term. 4 to like Term. 7. Finding the street view of it on Google maps helped me to see just how close Term. 4 is to the international one. Looks to be a piece of cake. Thanks again.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:23 PM

450 posts, read 1,407,767 times
Terminal 4 is less than a 5 minutes walk to Tom Bradley International Terminal as they are neighboring terminals. Terminal 7, home to United's LAX hub, is several terminals away from Terminal 4 which is why the walk was longer in that situation.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coo77 View Post
Terminal 4 is less than a 5 minutes walk to Tom Bradley International Terminal as they are neighboring terminals. Terminal 7, home to United's LAX hub, is several terminals away from Terminal 4 which is why the walk was longer in that situation.
Ah wow cool, thanks for that. Yea my mom thought it was about 5 mins. Yea I know, back then I didn't know their international terminal was located in another building, so when I finally got outside I knew I passed at-least two other terminals before I arrived at the right one. By the time I found out where I was suppose to go, and even walked pretty fast with my luggage, the lady said I was too late to board, but that I was lucky there was another flight leaving that night. She had some attitude about it, even though I explained, and was still out of breath from the rushing around.

P.S. It was Qantas I had went with though, so I'm guessing they have changed terminals since 2008. I'm guessing it was terminal 7, as I went past at-least 2 terminals, and terminal 8 appears closer to the curve in the road, and we were still a bit further back from there. Yet on LAX it only shows Term. 4 and TBIT as using Qantas, but those weren't the one I left from. I'm curious if anyone knows about this?

Old 01-21-2011, 03:41 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times
That is one thing I like about LAX.

If I'm arriving there it is often on a very long flight from Asia. Given I have ample time it is nice that it forces you to walk outside to the lovely LA weather and use your legs a little bit. I pretty much associate walking along there as welcome home, all these English speaking people everywhere.

Have a nice trip Kaygirl!

Old 01-21-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
That is one thing I like about LAX.

If I'm arriving there it is often on a very long flight from Asia. Given I have ample time it is nice that it forces you to walk outside to the lovely LA weather and use your legs a little bit. I pretty much associate walking along there as welcome home, all these English speaking people everywhere.

Have a nice trip Kaygirl!
The time that I went through L.A. was April. It was sunny, but the wind had a cold nip to it, so it made walking in it less pleasant. I do enjoy walks though, just hope the wind's not as cold this time. Ah yea I know how you feel. Thanks much I will

Old 01-22-2011, 02:56 PM

450 posts, read 1,407,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaygirl05 View Post
P.S. It was Qantas I had went with though, so I'm guessing they have changed terminals since 2008. I'm guessing it was terminal 7, as I went past at-least 2 terminals, and terminal 8 appears closer to the curve in the road, and we were still a bit further back from there. Yet on LAX it only shows Term. 4 and TBIT as using Qantas, but those weren't the one I left from. I'm curious if anyone knows about this?
Qantas has never operated flights from Terminal 7 or Terminal 8, at least not in the last two decades. Maybe the walk felt longer than it really was. Part of Terminal 6 and all of Terminal 7 and Terminal 8 have been controlled by United Airlines for YEARS and it is the largest airline at LAX. With United also offering a nonstop daily flight to Sydney and being a competitor to Qantas, United wouldn't be the first to volunteer to share its terminal space with Qantas.

Qantas is unique for its awkward split operations at LAX between two terminals. Flights departing LAX to Brisbane and Auckland/Melbourne depart from Terminal 4 that Qantas shares with American Airlines (partner in OneWorld Alliance). Flights departing to and arriving from Sydney and Melbourne are in Tom Bradley International Terminal and the arrivals from Brisbane and Auckland/Melbourne are in Tom Bradley as well.
Los Angeles International Airport Guide

http://upgrd.com/images/upload/image/LAX_proposed_terminal_map.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-22-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coo77 View Post
Qantas has never operated flights from Terminal 7 or Terminal 8, at least not in the last two decades. Maybe the walk felt longer than it really was. Part of Terminal 6 and all of Terminal 7 and Terminal 8 have been controlled by United Airlines for YEARS and it is the largest airline at LAX. With United also offering a nonstop daily flight to Sydney and being a competitor to Qantas, United wouldn't be the first to volunteer to share its terminal space with Qantas.

Qantas is unique for its awkward split operations at LAX between two terminals. Flights departing LAX to Brisbane and Auckland/Melbourne depart from Terminal 4 that Qantas shares with American Airlines (partner in OneWorld Alliance). Flights departing to and arriving from Sydney and Melbourne are in Tom Bradley International Terminal and the arrivals from Brisbane and Auckland/Melbourne are in Tom Bradley as well.
Los Angeles International Airport Guide
Well that's what I've been saying doesn't make sense. It's not that it just "felt" like 15 minutes, my mom was with me and she said the same thing. We didn't know where to go from whatever terminal it was we arrived in so we had to ask a ton of people that worked there before they gave us helpful directions to go outside and go right past a couple terminals. My mom remembers something about Terminal 4, whether we arrived in that one or left from it, I'm not sure. but it was a Memphis to L.A. flight. Either way we did what they said and turned right, walked past like 2 or 3 terminals before we arrived at the right one, and it was indeed Qantas, cause the lady had to give me a new ticket for the later flight. I'd have to check, but it was probably Delta Airlines on the way to L.A., which says Terminal 5, but it's still not accurate, cause I know for a fact we walked past at-least 2 terminals, and the Tom Bradley one is after a curve, and we did not go around a curve, in either direction, though I could visibly see one.

When you walk past 2 or 3 terminals, that's not something you forget. =/ Long bleepin walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel