Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 03:31 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,958 times

Advertisements

I'm DYING to visit the very remote out islands of the Bahamas, such as the eastern half of Mayaguana (White Hill Bay--point A on the map below).

WHB is only accessable by boat, and hard to do at that as you have to navigate in the cuts between the barrier reef. No road access here from the rest of Mayaguana!!!

Second is a nice long and isolated sandbar about 80 miles south of Nassau (point B on the map)

Additionally, the Plana Cays, (point C on the map) which are about 30 miles west of the aformentioned Mayaguana.

MapFlingâ„¢

What is crazy is that of the first 2 of these places, there is literally NO information anywhere on the net showing pics or travelogues of people who have visited!!! There is information and a few pics of the Plana Cays, but very minimal at that!!

LUCKILY, I am going to be visiting these places in just 2 months----totally under my own power without any local guide or help!! I'll be renting a small boat and carrying a sat phone and marine VHF for emergencies, and will make a go for it as long as the weather is setteled that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 03:37 PM

836 posts, read 1,032,204 times
In my price range:
-San Juan, Puerto Rico
-Cancun?, Mexico (mostly to see Chichen Itza - one of the 7 wonders) oh and their beaches of course!

Out of my price range (but if I hit the lottery...):
-Bora Bora
-Brazil
-All over western Europe

Old 05-09-2014, 03:50 PM

23,539 posts, read 24,041,250 times
Vermont, Maine, Ireland, Scotland, Shanghai, Cuba, and New Zealand. London (again), Tokyo (again), Sydney (again).

Old 05-09-2014, 03:57 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,513,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
Somewhere in the Middle East, I just want to see the ancient cities, mosques and bazaars, as well as eat the food. I only know what I've seen on TV and read about. However I doubt I'll go anytime soon due to lack of funds and the instability there. It's really just a pipe dream now
if you get the funds go to istanbul. it's pretty stable.
Now for me... France.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:05 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
I want to visit middle America.

I want to see some snake handlers in some churches.

I want to go to Thanksgiving at someone's house and eat all the strange food I've read about.

But I'm too scared of some good old boy mistaking me for a poor person and shooting me in his driveway. Yep, DYING to go.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:22 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
Japan
India
Israel

In the US:
Boston
Seattle
Key West
Savannah
Charleston
Chicago and Miami I have been to but want to spend more time there.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:25 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,534,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRiteMA98 View Post
if you get the funds go to istanbul. it's pretty stable.
Now for me... France.
Hmmm, sounds interesting but Turkey isn't really considered the Middle East right? I know they supposedly have a mix of Muslim and Christian culture. What's the difference between Istanbul and places like Lebanon, Jordan, Israel? Are they all pretty much the same? If they are maybe Istanbul might be the next vacation I need to start saving money for. I'm a novice traveler who's never been to Europe or the Middle East.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:29 PM

898 posts, read 1,219,236 times
afghanistan, iraq, any place that is war torn. same with disease-ridden places (malaria comes to mind). i just don't want to die while in the process. i want to see what the truth really is rather than the drivel shoveled down my throat daily by the media.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:31 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
From the perspective of an adult Air Force brat...nowhere. I actually lived in Tripoli, Libya for 3 years; a few years before Quadaffi took over. Spain, Crete, Korea and a few American cities but no hometown. I will limit my time to the shores of this country as there is every kind of scenery you can want. Bonus - you don't need a passport for domestic travel...yet
If I went to Australia I would consider staying but since they banned guns it's not even a destination.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
I"m dying to see Wat Rong Khun in Chiang Rai, Thailand...especially the inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel