Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 04:45 AM

85 posts, read 242,791 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I’ll visit the US in July, I’ll hire a car and keep moving from NYC to NJ to Pasadena MD, after that I want to go Prescott, AZ. It takes about 3 to 4 days driving. I intend to stay a week there and around, after that I’ll drive back to Brooklyn. My major concern is where to stay at nights in the distance between Pasadena MD and Prescott, AZ. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 04:54 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,855,486 times
I'd probably stay in a chain motel. Lower cost but reliably clean US chains include LA Quinta, Red Roof, Fairfield Inn, Comfort Inn, Microtel.

Personally, when I do cross country drives, I usually plan a route that includes some sightseeing along the way - even if that means I extend the trip.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:22 AM

I'm not from the States, and I will not exceed month staying there, so, it will help me if you be able to send me the towns that I should stop at.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eihab View Post
I'm not from the States, and I will not exceed month staying there, so, it will help me if you be able to send me the towns that I should stop at.
What woukd you be interested in seeing and doing?

PS Why on earth are you going to Prescott, AZ? It's not a bad town or anything, and the scenery is pretty, but that's about it.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
What woukd you be interested in seeing and doing?

PS Why on earth are you going to Prescott, AZ? It's not a bad town or anything, and the scenery is pretty, but that's about it.
Mostly, enjoying and visiting the famous places like any other tourist, and if I have a chance I want to have an idea about how to apply for studying in some universities (requirements, qualifications etc..). As for Prescott, I want to visit a friend of mine.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Mostly, enjoying and visiting the famous places like any other tourist, and if I have a chance I want to have an idea about how to apply for studying in some universities (requirements, qualifications etc..). As for Prescott, I want to visit a friend of mine.
You should absolutely visit the Grand Canyon, probably while you're staying in Prescott. If you want to stay overnight, stay IN the national park. But it might be too late for reservations.

Depending on your routing, I'm a big fan of Memphis and Cleveland for touristy stuff. Albuquerque might be worth a stop. Certainly Philadelphia and Washington DC. Most europeans are enamored with Las Vegas. I'll try to think of some others.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:50 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
Hi,

I’ll visit the US in July, I’ll hire a car and keep moving from NYC to NJ to Pasadena MD, after that I want to go Prescott, AZ. It takes about 3 to 4 days driving. I intend to stay a week there and around, after that I’ll drive back to Brooklyn. My major concern is where to stay at nights in the distance between Pasadena MD and Prescott, AZ. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
If you intend only 3 or 4 days for the trip between the east coast and west you won't really have time to see anything beyond the highway. I mean, it's not a real fast exhuasting pace but you are still talking 8 to 10 hours a day or so of driving. Forget about seeing this or that. If you devote a week or more for the drive, then maybe start thinking about what to see between the two points.
Places to stay are almost limitless, too many to even consider, in all sorts of price ranges. Many simply drive until they get tired then looks for a motel off the highways, plenty to choose from.
I would focus your planning on what you want to see in and around Prescott for a week.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
You should absolutely visit the Grand Canyon, probably while you're staying in Prescott.
You are right, as if you read my mind

Old 05-05-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
If you intend only 3 or 4 days for the trip between the east coast and west you won't really have time to see anything beyond the highway. I mean, it's not a real fast exhuasting pace but you are still talking 8 to 10 hours a day or so of driving. Forget about seeing this or that. If you devote a week or more for the drive, then maybe start thinking about what to see between the two points.
Thanks for the advice

Old 05-05-2017, 02:00 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,741,475 times
I think instead of writing Pasadena, MD you should have said Baltimore, MD or Annapolis, MD. Would have been a little bit easier for people to identify with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel