Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 02:17 PM

278 posts, read 230,779 times

Advertisements

ANNGWS,.-

I am sorry, yours problems in the border of Barcelona .-It is not normal.-If it were so always Spain could not receive 65 million tourists in this year.-

To enter the USA in New York there are many more problems according to my experience.-

Spain is perhaps the Country with more differences between yours regions,-See the Mediterranean Spain,The Central Spain (Castile) or North spain the green Spain .-is to see 3 different countries .-

I recommend for another trip to Spain the Castile in the Center of Spain Madrid that this surrounded of medieval cities as Toledo Segovia Salamanca etc etc and of 4000 Castles .-

Or the North of Spain completely different that is the zone more richest of Spain ..
The call green Spain where during XX Century the kings and the nobility spent their summer holidays with their atmosphere
of" Belle Epoque" where you will have a wonderful meal in an elegant atmosphere surrounded
by beaches mountains,Palaces and a very exclusive atmosphere in cities as San sebastian,bilbao santander etc etc in a temperate climate away from the heat of the rest of Spain.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 02:42 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes I've been to both multiple times and other parts of the Mediterranean Sea and drank it dry a few times

Spain, Greece, Portugal, and turkey are the main ones but Spain is probably the most common one

I couldn't actually tell you why Spain's conventionally the most popular
Yep, taking account that Greece, Portugal and Turkey are from quite to much cheaper.

Besides Spain offers more stability, safety... idk, probably that's why! Also quite British people go to Italy too.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:21 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomon View Post
ANNGWS,.-

I am sorry, yours problems in the border of Barcelona .-It is not normal.-If it were so always Spain could not receive 65 million tourists in this year.-

To enter the USA in New York there are many more problems according to my experience.-
JFK customs can be aggravating, that is true.

We will certainly visit Barcelona (and other areas of Spain) again. Overall, it was very lovely and we enjoyed our visit.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:32 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times
I went there a few years ago.. to Madrid, Salamanca, Segovia and Toledo. Loved it. Yes, it met my expectations but I have always loved Spanish and Latin culture. In addition I am fairly conversational in Spanish so that helps a huge amount in terms of comfort. I would love to go to Bilbao and explore Basque next time and also the Spanish Riviera. I know Barcelona is what everyone raves about but perhaps for that very reason it's not very high on my list - I try to avoid too hyped up tourist trap type places. I'm sure I will get to Barcelona one day but the thought of it being overrun with tourists is quite unappealing - perhaps it's like Florence in Italy, beautiful place but the sheer number of tourists takes the magic away.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:25 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,610,760 times
In my extended family (many of whom are European) walking the Camino seems to quite common, one relative from the States spends a few months walking & volunteering there every year.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:24 PM

The trip that has made to Toledo,Segovia and Salamanca.It is Castile in the Center of Spain the plateau
or flat area.

For Centuries Castile was the most important area of Spain but that during Century XX has been
depopulated largely because people in Spain emigrated to the Coast where the industry has developed.-

That is why the Castles, Walls, and old palaces and old Churches,etc etc of Centuries ago remain intact
than in other areas modern development has destroyed with modern construction,.-

That is why it is a wonderful medioval World.
I recommend that you visiting in this area other cities like,Avila Zamora ,Leon The Escorial,Cuenca etc etc and Palaces of King as the Granja de Saint Ildefonso to only 7km de Segovia,Aranjuez etc etc which are not saturated with tourism as is the case as Barcelona where even its population already protests because it can not live its normal life,-

But Castilla is very different of North Spain (The Spain green Santiago de Compostela Oviedo Santander Bilbao San Sebastian Etc) and yet most different is Andalucia(Granada Sevilla Marbella etc).

Or mediterranean zone, as Barcelona Valencia Mallorca,Ibiza Menorca etc etc

When you visit these other regions will be amazed because they are like very different countries .-

Old 07-01-2017, 02:47 PM

Hefe.-I recommend that you make the Way .
It is one Great experience.-

There are several Caminos .The most famous is the so-called french road that starts is french village (Saint jean Pied de Port)in the Moutains of the Pyrenees, here give you, a notebook so that in the free official hostels where you can sleep and have breakfast for 2 days you will seals and in Santiago of Compostela you Certify that you have done it on foot in Bycicle or in horseback,not by motor --.
It is a spectacle to see every year up to 200000 people together or separated from the all World to fight
and to suffer doing miles.

THE road(THE WAY) engages since the middle Ages .-And perhaps because, they have many time for think about their life and pass through small towns and precious Roman churches intact for Centuries and landscapes very different and very little populated but when you get to Santiago you it is a new person.-

Some they are religious, others not, but the CAMINO changes them all person.-

The hostels are run by volunteers who take turns every month who Know languages ,.

I have a friend, retired economist who know 3 languages and runs one of these hostels for 20 days every year.-

Here, they make the most unusual friendships of all countries .-.-

Old 07-04-2017, 09:54 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomon View Post
Perhaps Spain is the most different country from the idea that travelers usually have before they visit it.
For example many american tourists comment in the Forums that it would look like Mexico etc etc.-

The question is,.-.-Which was your previous idea more wrong about Spain?
what kind of "American tourists" would think Spain would be like Mexico? Just because they speak the same language? It is like saying the UK would be just like Jamaica.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:53 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
What's with all the Spanish tourist reps on these boards

Old 07-09-2017, 04:57 AM

I already answered in theForum of the Europe but I repeat to you.
Spain perhaps maybe this year with 85 millions of tourists be already the first country in the World in tourism.We do not very need too more tourists.

We only care unselfishly because the tourists come , of all over the World,and few from the USA .-

Because the knowledge of Spain by the americans would greatly improve our relationships and the people
as you would not think so badly and wrong about us and Usa is the country today most important of World and this is vry important for us.-

Because the Spaniards are among the most generous and least interested people as they know the tourists that they visit us and repit this visit.-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel