Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:44 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjambalaya View Post
Sorry I keep forgetting you're on BA, shame its not AA since you could have switched flights to the direct on from CDG.

Do you have any BA frequent flyer miles? the CDG-LHR flight should only be 4500 avios. Horrible spot to be in, and honestly I think you're best off doing the taxi to paddington station and taking the heathrow express train from there.

I think the Paddington Train is the only viable quick option until Crossrail becomes fully operational.

However Thameslink and Crossrail are going to make things easier in the future, however they are not fully up and running until December.

Crossrail will operate fast train services through Central London to Heathrow, and will make the journey far easier especially during rush hour.

Crossrail will also link with London Liverpool Street where you can change for connections for Stansted Airport and Southend Airport, whilst the nearby Docklands Light Railway connects to London City Airport.

As for Thameslink it has a new station at St Pancras International and is now running direct services from Cambridge to Brighton through Central London, which means you will be able to catch a train directly to Gatwick from St Pancras after getting off the Eurostar.

Thameslink at St Pancras also operates direct trains northwards to Luton Airport Parkway Station, and the Airport is investing £200 million in a Direct Air to Rail Transit (Luton DART) system which will transport passengers between the Aiport Parkway Thameslink station and the Airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 03:49 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjambalaya View Post
Sorry I keep forgetting you're on BA, shame its not AA since you could have switched flights to the direct on from CDG.

Do you have any BA frequent flyer miles? the CDG-LHR flight should only be 4500 avios. Horrible spot to be in, and honestly I think you're best off doing the taxi to paddington station and taking the heathrow express train from there.

Or alternately, you can use AA miles to book a code share on BA for a 12.5K mile SAAver rate, which seems to have decent availability. (Just be careful send yourself to Heathrow and not London City)

Old 03-19-2018, 07:34 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
I think we will just take the Eurostar. It will arrive in London at 8:30 AM. That will give us plenty of time to make our way to Heathrow and even allow for some delays if they come up. If the train is on time, we will have some time to kill in London before heading to the Airport, so I'm sure when we are ready to head to airport, we will just make our way to the Heathrow Express rather than taking the tube. The flight leaves at 4PM, so we will likely try to be on the Heathrow train by 11:30.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:16 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
I just wanted to say that Eurostar was totally fine. I'm glad we did as it gave us a few more hours in central London rather than spending all day in airports. And the Heathrow Express was awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel