Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2018, 12:23 AM

2,319 posts, read 2,172,275 times

Advertisements

It is complicated, and I am trying to explain as detailed as possible.

I entered a garage by pressing a button to generating a ticket of entrance time(vehicle plate also shows on the ticket). Then I used Park Mobile app to scan the ticket bar code, then app starts counting the parking time (start from the ticket entrance time).

Based on the attached screenshot, I should insert the ticket before exit. BUT when I drove up my car, the garage automatically opened. I just went ahead drove out of garage WITHOUT inserting the ticket.

The strange thing is that the parking session is still active when I arrived home. There is no way to end the parking session.

I checked online account, and it shows automatic Stop Time is May 4. I called customer service, and they told me they could not end the session. It has to be expired on its own. They insisted telling me I made the 7 days reservation, I kept telling them I did NOT make any reservation (I just got an entrance ticket, scan the bar code on the ticket).

The customer service representative does tell me that the system has my exit garage time (even if I did NOT insert the ticket). I guess there is camera device can detect the vehicle plate and open it automatically when I drive it.

Since I only need to go there once, and will not use the garage anymore.

I asked the customer service representative if Park Mobile will charge me anything for active parking session for the next few days? The guy does NOT have the answer for me. I am so concerned that they will charge me multiple days of parking. The garage charges $20 per days, that will be $140 for 7 days (April 27 - May 4).

Anyone has similar experience?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Park Mobile app for Garage Parking-screenshot_20180427-235417.jpg   Park Mobile app for Garage Parking-parking.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 01:04 AM

61,665 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Hmmm...
According to their website:
"In some areas a parking session can be stopped early, but in others it will automatically end at the deactivation time shown. If you start a session and don't see the STOP button, you will know that stopping a session early isn't allowed in your area. Cancelling is different from stopping a session, and no parking sessions can be cancelled once started, regardless of the area." <<< It sucks!!

"Parkmobile is merely a pass-through and tracking functionality for those funds; they go directly to the parking operator for your area. If you'd like to reach out to your parking operator to see if they are willing to accommodate your request, we encourage you to do so." <<< Perhaps you need to do this...

For parking session information specific to your city check here:
https://parkmobile.zendesk.com/hc/en...-CAN-Locations

Good luck!

You should insert your ticket into the acceptor regardless if the gate is open or not (gate could malfunction). Only then your payment will be calculated, charged to your payment method on file, and the payment session will deactivate.
How else the acceptor would know you left the garage? It reads your barcode and stops the session. It doesn't "see" you actually leaving the garage. They have cameras for security nor billing purposes. Since the acceptor didn't get your ticket, it "thinks" your car is still parked.
I have similar app I use overseas, and that's what I am supposed to do.

The only thing you can try is to park somewhere nearby, walk to the acceptor and insert your ticket ASAP. It should stop the parking session.

Last edited by elnina; 04-28-2018 at 01:49 AM..

Old 04-28-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Hmmm...
According to their website:
"In some areas a parking session can be stopped early, but in others it will automatically end at the deactivation time shown. If you start a session and don't see the STOP button, you will know that stopping a session early isn't allowed in your area. Cancelling is different from stopping a session, and no parking sessions can be cancelled once started, regardless of the area." <<< It sucks!!

"Parkmobile is merely a pass-through and tracking functionality for those funds; they go directly to the parking operator for your area. If you'd like to reach out to your parking operator to see if they are willing to accommodate your request, we encourage you to do so." <<< Perhaps you need to do this...

For parking session information specific to your city check here:
https://parkmobile.zendesk.com/hc/en...-CAN-Locations

Good luck!

You should insert your ticket into the acceptor regardless if the gate is open or not (gate could malfunction). Only then your payment will be calculated, charged to your payment method on file, and the payment session will deactivate.
How else the acceptor would know you left the garage? It reads your barcode and stops the session. It doesn't "see" you actually leaving the garage. They have cameras for security nor billing purposes. Since the acceptor didn't get your ticket, it "thinks" your car is still parked.
I have similar app I use overseas, and that's what I am supposed to do.

The only thing you can try is to park somewhere nearby, walk to the acceptor and insert your ticket ASAP. It should stop the parking session.
No, it should know when I left, even if I didn't insert the ticket . Park mobile system has the exit time. There is some kind of camera device can detect the vehicle plate. As matter of fact, the ticket has vehicle plate information, the garage knows which car. But the stupid thing is although park mobile knows I exit already, the parking session still active, it is second day now, the time is still running.

I actually drove back last night, No, it won't accept the ticket, since it does not detect a car trying to exit. Pretty smart system, but I have no idea why let me exit without inserting the ticket, based on screenshot instruction, inserting ticket is required. Someone (garage operator) can see me via video camera, but I could not see him. He gave me park mobile customer service number via speaker. But park mobile customer service cannot solve the problem.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:50 AM

I called the customer service last night, nothing solved. I called again this morning, the customer service representative could not do anything either but she submitted the issue to technical team. A few hours later, the active parking session was forcefully ended by technical team.

The active parking session last almost 15 hours before being ended.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:59 AM

61,665 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Ugh... That's annoying. We rely on automation, but when it malfunction there is no resolution.
At least you were able to stop the session before May 4th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel