Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2019, 09:46 PM

454 posts, read 449,189 times

Advertisements

Hey all got a question. Im going to book a flight and I want to book it on a few certain days only. Not that long ago, the prices were low and i did not book it as i was going to wait a bit to book. Earlier i saw the price dropped down to the same lower price i saw about a week ago etc. I then was going to book it in a few hours and when i went to the site again, the price went back higher etc. I use orbitz to check the price of flights of all carriers and i fly either usually with jetblue, american airlines or delta.

I know prices change all the time and prices go higher the closer your flight is etc. Is there any app or anything where it would notify me that the date and time slot i want where it hits below a certain price? Thus say the flight you want to book when its at the lower price is say 200 dollars or so. But now the price went up to 270 for example. Thus unless you check the flight prices throughout the day, well you won't be able to know the price. If it matters, i went on delta.com after looking at orbitz and saw they had the date and time where i wanted at a good price. But i waited a few hours later and right now it shows that date and time for flight as sold out etc.

Is there a way to get notification for a certain date and time when the price is below a certain point? That way i would then go to the site and book the flight? Again, i use orbitz to check the prices for certain days and say jetblue or delta has the date and time i want, i go to jetblue or delta site and book the flight. Im sure there has to be some app like this or an email notification of this? Because when someone cancels their flight, well there would be a seat now etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 10:45 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,168,764 times
I use google flights for tracking and fare alerts. Kayak, sky scanner and several others also offer this option.

Note that southwest and some international carriers will not be part of the google flights search (and others)

Old 03-14-2019, 06:38 AM

74 posts, read 50,880 times
Hi,
Generally, I used the Google Flight tracker app.
Thanks.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:29 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,850,175 times
But does Google flight tracker give you the option of ONLY getting alerts for a specific date and time? That's what the OP is looking gor. (I'm not gonna comment on the oxymoron of cheapest price and no flexibility on date and time.)

Old 03-14-2019, 08:42 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Hipmunk does fare drop alerts for specific dates, but I don't think it alerts if it drops below a threshold you set. I think you just get an email if the price drops

Old 03-14-2019, 10:15 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,168,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
But does Google flight tracker give you the option of ONLY getting alerts for a specific date and time?
Kind of. Google lets me filter for nonstop flights in my tracking but I have noticed it doesn't do so for any departure/arrival times I might set. HOWEVER, you can track individual flights, so in theory you could follow every single flight that falls into the specific time range, cumbersome as that might be for certain routes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel