Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 05:59 PM

111 posts, read 435,519 times

Advertisements

Ok in just about 2 weeks, I'm flying from Indianapolis to Las Vegas with a layover in Minneapolis. My scheduled arrival time is 8:02am in Minneapolis and my scheduled departure is 9:25am. Obviously I don't know my exact gates yet, but the planes have been arriving in the C gates and leaving from the G gates. Is this airport easy to navigate to give me plenty of time to get from the C gates to the G gates or will I be rushed to get from one flight to the next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 06:29 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlee3 View Post
Ok in just about 2 weeks, I'm flying from Indianapolis to Las Vegas with a layover in Minneapolis. My scheduled arrival time is 8:02am in Minneapolis and my scheduled departure is 9:25am. Obviously I don't know my exact gates yet, but the planes have been arriving in the C gates and leaving from the G gates. Is this airport easy to navigate to give me plenty of time to get from the C gates to the G gates or will I be rushed to get from one flight to the next?
If you have close to an hour and a half it should be easy to connect. The layout in Minneapolis is pretty simple.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:34 PM

845 posts, read 2,744,005 times
It's a huge airport but I have easily connected with less time. You should be fine.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:37 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
You gave yourself over an hour, that should be enough time in summer. Winters I avoid northern airports if given the option for connections.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:50 PM

111 posts, read 435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
If you have close to an hour and a half it should be easy to connect. The layout in Minneapolis is pretty simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgator View Post
It's a huge airport but I have easily connected with less time. You should be fine.
Ok thanks guys. My girlfriend and I are in good shape so even if we had to run, it shouldn't have been an issue for us, but a buddy and his wife are going also and they aren't exactly the type that can go running thru on airport if needed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
You gave yourself over an hour, that should be enough time in summer. Winters I avoid northern airports if given the option for connections.
Yeah I can understand that. I originally booked non-stop, but then Northwest moved their non-stop flight from Indianapolis to Las Vegas to the evening. Since Northwest changed my flight, they did give me the option to change for free, but not back to the non-stop flight. The only other option they gave me was to go thru Detroit and that one had a 3 or 4 hour layover so it didn't make any since considering it's just over an hour in Minneapolis.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:43 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
as stated, you should be fine

the main confusion I have seen with msp is their terminal layout between the lindbergh terminal and the humphrey terminal ..... sounds like you're staying within lindbergh so you should be fine

http://www.mspairport.com/App_Themes/MSP/maps/img/maps/03_terminal-L_041509.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-21-2009, 05:51 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,183,511 times
It is all good! You should be fine! Nice map Finger Laker! I suggest no smoothies at airport. Had a hell of a ride back to WA - could have been just a flu and if caught me on flight but ohh my goodness never spent a flight like that in my life!

Old 07-22-2009, 01:00 PM

185 posts, read 253,154 times
You shouldn't have any problem. If you've ever been through Chicago or Dallas- Fort Worth, imagine the exact opposite.

Shelley

Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
If you are going from the far end of the G gates over to the C gates take the direct route across unless you have an hour to kill and want to look at the shops. Going the long way around is a bit of a walk if you are in a hurry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel