Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 05:37 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
BULLDOGDAD
Holes in the desert.
How did you know that on 2-28-11?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 02:00 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Paddle-Out Memorial Held for McStay Family | NBC 7 San Diego

Quote:
The invitation asked “all surfers to paddle out at the San Clemente Pier, light candles, release leis and enjoy the beach, as Joey & Summer, Gianni & Joey Jr. did.”

The post read, in part:
“We have finally been able to bring the McStay Family Home from the Coroner’s Office and are preparing to have the public memorial service and beach paddle out at the San Clemente Pier.

So if this means the remains have been released to the family, I wonder if there will be a proper burial instead of four wooden crosses in the desert where they were found.

I don't know who's to blame, but I do find the brother's "too-much-talking" bothersome, and especially this quote, which was originally published 11-21-2013: "I know this is going to be a long haul. I don't start fights, I finish them, and I am in a fight to the end."
-- Found here: Mystery 'digger' track marks found at McStay family grave site | Colorado Newsday

Who said he he started fights?

Last edited by Tobiashen; 01-06-2014 at 02:02 AM.. Reason: added a sentence

Old 06-30-2014, 11:59 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
There's going to be a TV special on this situation, Buried Secrets. They have not indicted anyone yet and I wonder if they ever will.

Anyone have any theories on this case? I don't believe it was family related. My own personal feeling is that he knew something or found out something and the person knew he knew--hence silencing him and his whole family. I don't believe it was a "friend" in that sense of the word, maybe an acquaintance related to "business," but he would have hired someone to do it, not a professional "hit," but someone hired to do the deed.

Very mysterious case.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:14 PM

17,592 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I don't know who's to blame, but I do find the brother's "too-much-talking" bothersome, and especially this quote, which was originally published 11-21-2013: "I know this is going to be a long haul. I don't start fights, I finish them, and I am in a fight to the end."
-- Found here: Mystery 'digger' track marks found at McStay family grave site | Colorado Newsday

Who said he he started fights?
Doesn't seem odd to me at all. It's a long, and perhaps slightly inappropriate, way of saying "We're going to stick this out until we find out what happened, no matter how long it takes".

I think you put a little anger in there, which is understandable.. Then the above quote makes total sense. I'll have to read up on the brother talking too much.. I haven't seen anything about that, other than he had been pressuring the cops to keep the case open and keep searching, which I also find understandable.

The brother does have to be a suspect though and I'm sure the cops are looking at business dealings and the like that the guy had. The rule of thumb on these things is follow the money.. Somewhere, somehow, money is at the root of it.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:20 PM

7,640 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Did anyone watch the CNN special this evening about the McStay family? They said a new investigator who joined the team shed new light.

Re #103: I very much suspect the brother. See the videos I linked a while ago in this thread (sorry don't have time to find them for you now). The videos were taken at McStay's home shortly after the disappearance.

Edit: here, again, is the link to the videos.
---Damn, for unknown reason, I can only hear the sound but no video image???
Here are two of the videos: ONE, TWO (but does not include the one when the brother first appeared to the camera, which was very telling.

And here: "The last thing I do... I wanna... I just wanna know that...you know, when it's over!"

Actually I think even just one thing is enough to make the brother suspicious: taking his missing brother's computer and SD card in the immediate aftermath of the disappearance when investigations just began.

Last edited by snowmountains; 07-02-2014 at 12:06 AM..

Old 07-02-2014, 04:42 PM

7,640 posts, read 8,711,366 times
I would really like to know what new light was shed from the CNN special last night. Hope someone who watched it will chime in... Here is a comment I found from a website:

"Anonymous said...
I just watched cnn doc on the mcstay murder. My opinion is that this crime was perpetrated by josephs brother and wife- I feel someone phoned them and expressed it as an emergency, hence everyone leaving quickly and together- additionally, I find it disturbing that michael didn't place an emphasis on cking with authorities right away about his missing brother. My conclusion is he was envious of his success and life, father may have favored him - and he wanted to be the sole beneficiary of his parents- could br farfetched, just a gut feeling
July 1, 2014 at 10:27 PM"

Given the behaviors of the brother's family at the graves last year (the victorious pictures they took at the graves), I wouldn't be surprised if both the brother and the brother's wife were involved.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:18 AM

I really didn't think the brother was involved...till I watched Buried Secrets. I found it highly suspicious that upon seeing the mess in the house, the dogs in the yard without water or food and the general inability to reach his brother that he still told the partner to wait till the end of the weekend to call the police. And, why did the brother not know his brother was missing for 11 days? And, taking the computer. What was his rationale for it? Never heard it. Withdrawing money from the account followed and selling property was it? Didn't hear his alibi for where he was that night either.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:49 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Yes I remember this case and I said right from the start the brother and the brothers wife are involved in it up to their necks and then some . I think the brother was jealous because he was so successful and had a nice home and a nice family and the brother was so jealous he wanted him out of the way so he could have all the money . I think his brother is evil and so is the wife of the brother .There is just too much the brother says that does not make sense .

Old 07-14-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yes I remember this case and I said right from the start the brother and the brothers wife are involved in it up to their necks and then some . I think the brother was jealous because he was so successful and had a nice home and a nice family and the brother was so jealous he wanted him out of the way so he could have all the money . I think his brother is evil and so is the wife of the brother .There is just too much the brother says that does not make sense .

Well, he walks into the house (brings another guy w/ him--why?) and sees the dogs unfed and no water in the yard, the eggs on the counter, messy everything and says, "Hey let's wait till the end of the weekend till we call the police"! It's not logical and suspicious to me.

He took his brothers computer out after he went missing. Why? Why would you even think of that particular thing when your brother's family goes missing?

Said, not verbatim, but close that "they should be looking for 4 shallow graves"... Why would you say that before they knew they were in shallow graves? I mean shallow graves, those words...What pis*ses me off, too, is guys like this think they're "smart," and we're all dumb!!! I'm not exactly sure the guy did it, but he's very suspicious.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 07-14-2014 at 08:38 AM..

Old 11-07-2014, 10:32 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,151,448 times
Default Suspect in McStay Family Arrested

Suspect in McStay family disappearance arrested - CNN.com

Quote:

California authorities this week arrested Charles "Chase" Merritt in connection with the deaths of the McStay family -- a southern California family of four that vanished in 2010, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said Friday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime