Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 12:26 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times

Advertisements

breeinmo, watch around 1:41 in the first video ("Part 1") here, when the brother first appeared, stunned by the camera toward him, and afterwards. We don't know whether investigators actually noticed the Bobcat tracks before the brother told them or not. They don't have to make every discovery public. Mind you, up until the last couple days, I had always been outraged by those who had suspected the brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 05:38 PM

Go and check out the picture of the "victims' family" at the graves. What can you think?

Old 11-24-2013, 06:20 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
Go and check out the picture of the "victims' family" at the graves. What can you think?
I think you are reading way too much into a photo.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:04 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Opportunist Rick Baker blog. Investigators can do their job and solve the crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
I think you are reading way too much into a photo.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:09 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,993 times
I've always been suspicious of Michael McStay from the very beginning of their disappearance. Been following this closely since it happened (I used to be a member of a now-defunct true crime forum and now frequent Websleuths).

What has always struck me as odd is the weird combination of being defensive online and in the media (towards Rick Baker especially) but then really laid back and almost nonchalant when a television interview occurs. It's almost like he is an actor or has it scripted. If you have ever frequented the McStay Family Facebook page, wholly cow- he and his "followers" patrol that site like Nazi's and if you say anything at all that sheds a suspicious light...you will be removed and attacked.

Same goes for his Rick Baker feud. I read his book. I honestly believe the guy is just really obsessed with finding out the truth of this case. Like many who are interested in True Crime, except his interest in this case was 10000x and he had the resources to go after the truth. Now, I don't think all of his assumptions are true (I read the book), but the point is that he was asking a LOT of questions and had access to a lot of information because of his persistence. That just made the water boil for Mikey McStay. You'd think his first reaction would have been to join forces and work together. Mikey did everything he could to bad mouth Rick...and convinced a lot of others to do the same. It became more about censoring Rick and his Facebook page than efforts to find the truth.

I have always gone back and forth between Chase being involved and then Mikey. Could have been them together in it. Who knows but I hope someone slips up and pays dearly.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
What has always struck me as odd is the weird combination of being defensive online and in the media (towards Rick Baker especially) but then really laid back and almost nonchalant when a television interview occurs. It's almost like he is an actor or has it scripted.
Just compare his "grief-stricken" speech when the graves were found, and their posing victorious-looking pictures at the graves.

P.S. I no longer suspect Chase Merritt. Have you read the recent interview with him?

Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
What's the motive of the brother to kill his brother? Money leant and not returned? That's not really strong to me, happens all the time. Any history of animosity between them? Does the brother have a hx of addiction, anti-social behavior?

Old 12-08-2013, 03:18 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,993 times
Quote:
Just compare his "grief-stricken" speech when the graves were found, and their posing victorious-looking pictures at the graves.

P.S. I no longer suspect Chase Merritt. Have you read the recent interview with him?
I read that interview right before my post and I totally did not mean to mention Chase's name. That was a mistake on my part (I will edit now). I was reading a bunch of articles at the time and that was a bad typo...the name I meant to mention was DK.

I suspected him from Day 1 since (if I remember correctly, he was the first to go to McStay house after disappearance) and has been described as sociopathic by quite a few sources online. There were even quite a few heated e-mail changes made public that paints Dan in a very bad light...someone who is threatening and even seemed to blackmail Joseph for his business and life in general. I think I even remember reading where Joseph confided into someone that he feared for his family and future due to him.

However, it is really sad because I don't think Joseph was a very smart businessman or just well rounded. I think he knew his fountain business very well...but I think Dan (who was in control of tech stuff) made some really crazy accusations and threats to Joseph that he never could have went through and ones that I can't believe Joseph took seriously. Like removing him from Google search results so his business would fail, etc. The average business owner would have got 2nd opinions on that kind of stuff. I think Joseph was gullible to a fault and didn't like confrontation...easy going.

My mistake on that typo. Chase definitely seems clean and a straight shooter...I think coming out with the interview AFTER the discovery of the remains is really the only thing hurting his story. Most people would have liked to get that info when they first disappeared so they could form an opinion instead of speculating so many loose ends.

EDIT: For some reason I can't edit my other post.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:27 PM

Just saw this article. In explaining why he transferred thousands of dollars from J. McStay's bank account to his own:

[Quote of article:]

He [Dan Kavanaugh] said he was working with Joseph's brother, Michael McStay, and Joseph's mother, Susan Blake, at the time the withdrawals were made.

"I actually transferred it (the money) to myself with Mike's knowledge," he said. "None of that money went to me. That money went to vendors, welders and manufacturers."

"Mike and I and his mom tried to salvage and run the business that we had built for a long time," Kavanaugh said.

[End of quote]

Quite possibly the brother and Kavanaugh were accomplices. Regrettably to say, the mother's behavior was strange, too.

I wonder if the brother had alibi during the time of disappearance.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:35 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Bro Mike is an attention Ho, not a murderer..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime