Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 05:43 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

Joran letter to auntJoran is angry with his aunt Mary Hammer. This he writes in a letter our team in Lima with his consent should have been allowed to see and photograph. From this letter, written on January 13, 2012, also shows that Joran would appeal against the ruling of the court. He was in Lima Friday to 28 years in prison convicted of the murder of Stephany Flores.

Joran writes:

"Mary,

I want you to know that my satisfaction with Mr. Jimenez and his work. We will appeal against the ruling and it will be less. Plus, remember that in Peru only 1 / 3 of your sentence having to sit. You will always have a place in my heart, but what you doing to me now I do not understand. Why do you hurt me? In all that time that I know, I never expected of you. I asked Mr. Jimenez, the money you sent me is not to your return. He wanted to send it right back when you were asked. I want to share with you a statement: "Do not wait for the Last Judgement, it happens every day." You will always have a place in my heart, but what you did is not something I can handle. I love you, but I have so much pain that you can not imagine. Give me the time, until it is over. I am being punished because I had a phone, because you emails sent me to the press. I still can not believe it, but you got me worried more problems than you can imagine, and my fellow prisoners feel the situation. I am exhausted and am now trying to sleep. I hope everything is well with you and I wish you nothing but the best.

Lovingly, Joran "

Brief Joran aan suikertante – Hart van Nederland

Joran is angry aunt Lima - Joran is angry with his American aunt Mary Hammer. He accuses her e-mails have leaked. According to a letter he wrote her.

Joran is boos op suikertante - Binnenland | Het laatste nieuws uit Nederland leest u op Telegraaf.nl [binnenland]

click on the link to read more...

Now the Sugar Aunt claims she is in financial trouble, but who on earth will pay $ 75,000 if you can't afford it...unless she believed this was her lottery ticket for a book and movie deal later on...I hope both with loose out on any deal for money, and hope Joran will never see the day of light but get's what he deserves in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 11:33 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
Well, Joran should work any deal he can for cash. He is going to need all he can get.

If he was my family member, would I emotionally support him? Well, I probably would. I feel sorry for people who screw up their lives. And I also think a lot of Joran's problems were his parents. I would probably send him a few letters.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:35 PM

125 posts, read 206,717 times
I would like to hear you thoughts on how " a lot of Joran's problems were his parents." I believe his is a sociopath who enjoyed doing what he was doing, including torturing the parents of Natalie Holloway. I am not his family and am not sure how I would react towards him other that to say he should take his medicine. Sympathic? I am not as sure as you. Maybe, maybe not. As a non-family member, not at all. I would like for him to hear "Joran, you're in jail for the rest of your life."

Last edited by iRighti; 01-15-2012 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-15-2012, 01:14 PM

True, he is a sociopath. He was probably a little POS growing up. He almost killed his younger brother, at that time, his parents should have had charges against him, and he should have gone to a behavior school, it is not like they did not have any cash. Or at least treatment. Instead, they set him up in his own quarters in the backyard, so they did not have to deal with him. Great plan. Reward him for being a POS. That worked well, he thought he could do anything with no consequences...that did not help him much in real life.

I believe he could have been rehabilitated, prior to age 16, if he had received intensive therapy, and medication. If his parents had actually tried.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:41 PM

125 posts, read 206,717 times
Thanks. I understand and agree that parental involvement may have made a difference. Although, many will debate on whether a true sociopath can be rehabilitated. One thing I believe we can agree on: in this case, it is too late for his victims. (For him, once a POS, always a POS!)

Old 01-15-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Well, Joran should work any deal he can for cash. He is going to need all he can get.

If he was my family member, would I emotionally support him? Well, I probably would. I feel sorry for people who screw up their lives. And I also think a lot of Joran's problems were his parents. I would probably send him a few letters.
Why is his brother not a murderer or in trouble...same parents!

It is Joran who met the wrong friends and the parents let him go ahead and live the live wi his friends, that was their mistake.

Joran threw a glass with some kind of drink in it in the face of one journalist n live tv in Holland...the kid is trouble and I wouldn't be surprise if he was kind of some woman slave group where young woman and kids would be used for prostitution.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,331,150 times
why do some people turn out one way and others not? some of it is predisposition and some of it circumstances in which they grew up and then there are the choices a person makes...I think a lot of things have to come together to create a psychopath. Some people have had terrible childhoods and never hurt a soul later on...

Old 01-17-2012, 10:41 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times
I do not know the answer either ... when I was growing up all the neighborhood kids played together and went to the same school. One family had three sons ... oldest son after college is a banker .... middle son after college is a contractor ... and then there was the youngest son ... always in trouble. Dropped out of school ... alcohol & dope. This son was a parent's nightmare.

He was in prison for grand larceny ... released on parole ... two days after release from prison he broke into an elderly couples home and murdered both the husband and wife. Removed the man's watch and plundered the house then drove off in the couples car. The LEO found him the next day with the watch on and in possession of the gun that belonged to the man he killed ... the family's camera and all the stolen items was in pillow cases with the couple's initials on them.

He pleaded guilty ... he did not testify or put up any defense witnesses, but during the penalty phase, he apologized for what he had done. He was sentenced to death and was executed on November 1996.

Why? Not why over the crimes or execution ... but two pillars of the community sons ... a decent hard working family and one son that turned his mother's hair totally white ... his dad died before the son was executed ... did the younger son contribute to his dad's death from a broken heart ... and he wouldn't allow his mother to attend his execution. Since that time his mother has passed away.

I just don't know why and how these things happen.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:52 PM

Needless to say, I might send him a few postcards, or a Christmas card. But no money. Forget that. If I was his Aunt, and I felt some sort of family bond. I do wonder if prison does "rehabilitate " people, you have time there to review your life, and plenty of time for bible study. But most people in prison I have met still have this "victim" mentality, the reason they are in prison is everyone else's fault.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 AM

Basically that so called aunt is a nutcase...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime