Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 04:56 PM

525 posts, read 1,554,961 times

Advertisements

This is a serious question, please do not attack me as some of you don't agree my relationship with my friend. In the matter of fact, things are going better for him when he gets out. I have no outside support. By the way we haven't been hanging out together much prior to him going to jail. My choice

So, who do I ask when his exact release date is since his original release date has been changed due to him doing thing he had to do to get out earlier. I haven't heard from him in a few days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 05:04 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,605,568 times
The only way to know when he is out is when he is on your porch.
The prisons are lousy when telling even the inmate when they are getting out. They say noon and it will be likely 3AM.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:09 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,186,004 times
^^^ This is pretty accurate I think, however a lot depends on the state and the charges. I know my SS was in jail for drugs and he had to complete certain programs before he would be released (early).

Old 02-25-2012, 05:19 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
This is a serious question, please do not attack me as some of you don't agree my relationship with my friend. In the matter of fact, things are going better for him when he gets out. I have no outside support. By the way we haven't been hanging out together much prior to him going to jail. My choice

So, who do I ask when his exact release date is since his original release date has been changed due to him doing thing he had to do to get out earlier. I haven't heard from him in a few days

So, now you're accepting collect jail calls?

Old 02-25-2012, 05:21 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,385 times
A good place ot gather information and support is prisontalk.com

Old 02-25-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
So, now you're accepting collect jail calls?
yeah. I don't mind if as long as the calls are short and not made more than 1x a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
A good place ot gather information and support is prisontalk.com
I'll check out that link and see what they have to say

Old 02-25-2012, 05:43 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
yeah. I don't mind if as long as the calls are short and not made more than 1x a day

From past posts, I'll assume its drug related.

You can be a friend without getting sucked back in. I'm just say'n.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:59 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times
The sheriff is the guy who is in charge of this. Typically they have a web site which states the terms of confinement of each inmate in their custody.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
From past posts, I'll assume its drug related.

You can be a friend without getting sucked back in. I'm just say'n.
No its not. And everyone is making him sound like he is a bad man even a few IRL and hes not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
The sheriff is the guy who is in charge of this. Typically they have a web site which states the terms of confinement of each inmate in their custody.

A sheriff will tell me when exactly he'll be released?

Old 02-26-2012, 02:15 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,963,472 times
Quote:
No its not. And everyone is making him sound like he is a bad man even a few IRL and hes not.

A sheriff will tell me when exactly he'll be released?
A sheriff can't tell you when someone is going to be released from prison. He has no control nor power at state of Federal prisons ... unless your guy is in the county jail.

What does IRL mean?

KatieCountrycm ... why is your man in prison, what did he do? Did you know him before he went to prison or meet him while he was in prison?

Surely he will call you collect and tell you when to pick him up. Wouldn't he know the date ... maybe not the exact time due to the processing out but the date. I am not attacking you, just seems like he would know his release date so you can pick him up. If you visit him perhaps you could ask one of the guards how you can find out or who to ask.

I hope it works out for both of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime