Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times

Advertisements

Massachusetts 'cannibal' Geoffrey Portway admits plot to kidnap and eat a child in home dungeon | Mail Online

Sick. I always wonder how do seemingly normal people go from normal to this...

It has pictures of the one guy and his house in a decent looking neighborhood yet this sicko still is so empty they do these things?

BBC News - Briton Geoffrey Portway admits US plot to kill and eat child

"Under the terms he must serve between 216 and 327 months in jail before he is deported to the UK."

Only 18-27 years? I think an additional term should be added if someone has a collection of this type of material and is plotting more damage. If this guy was only 20 or so he would get deported/free of US sentences when still of the age to be able bodied. What happens when the uk gets him? Anyone know?
He is 40 so upon release he could still be able bodied when free of the US sentencing term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 01:58 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Goodness gracious alive, that is totally sick. He needs to be placed in prison forever until he dies. If he does get out how will they control this sicko??? Perhaps he will die in prison, we can only hope.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:55 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
In the USA he might be convicted, like that police officer who was planning to eat people, but I have no idea what the criminal guidelines are in the UK. In America it's the thought that counts.

Opsi, being middle-class and having a nice home and leisure time to fantasize in is what CREATES people like this. When you're grasping to feed a family and barely making it, there is no time or even mental space for recreational murder!

Old 05-11-2013, 08:59 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,946 times
This is so disturbing and thankfully, he was caught before he reached his goal. It does seem though although he obviously fantasizes and prepared for this, he couldn't act. He had to get others involved and thank god he did for this they got caught.

What a lunatic this guy needs to be in jail forever no way he should ever be released. But ya right, like all those other sickos they release then they do horrible things.These dungeons are just becoming too common and cages. This world is just so scary. I say someone invent some tagging of our children. If we can track cells and everything else, we should have something to track our children. If if we can inject them with a gazillion immunizations why can we not do this to track them? Wishful thinking.....

Old 05-11-2013, 09:20 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
This is so disturbing and thankfully, he was caught before he reached his goal. It does seem though although he obviously fantasizes and prepared for this, he couldn't act. He had to get others involved and thank god he did for this they got caught.

What a lunatic this guy needs to be in jail forever no way he should ever be released. But ya right, like all those other sickos they release then they do horrible things.These dungeons are just becoming too common and cages. This world is just so scary. I say someone invent some tagging of our children. If we can track cells and everything else, we should have something to track our children. If if we can inject them with a gazillion immunizations why can we not do this to track them? Wishful thinking.....
Oh Good God no! Tracking them? Like inserting some little GPS thing in to them? No. Way!

If people want to "track" their children, they need to put more time and effort in to doing it themselves.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:49 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh Good God no! Tracking them? Like inserting some little GPS thing in to them? No. Way!

If people want to "track" their children, they need to put more time and effort in to doing it themselves.
You better believe I would if it was safe! You don't have to. It is MY opinion doesn't mean you have to agree. Don't be too shocked, there is already such things on the market(just did a search). Maybe not as extreme as my injection statement but pretty close.

And you don't think all the kidnapped children's parents were not doing their best to not lose them? It can happen to anyone

Last edited by laina1980; 05-11-2013 at 10:03 PM..

Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post

Good idea in theory but sometimes those chips cause tumors in animals. Even more disturbing is if someone who took them cut it out. People like in this story would probably have no problem doing that.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:04 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

I thought that's exactly what the earlier post meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime