Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 02:29 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times

Advertisements

I've been trying to find news articles that I read many years ago online about a family who was living and traveling in a bus (I think it was a school bus but I could be wrong) with their children. They were homeschooling their children, and I think they had three children. The mother may have been pregnant.

I also seem to remember a connection to England somehow - maybe the mom or dad was British?

It's all so vague now, but another thread sort of made me start thinking about this story again and I was trying to find the old articles.

Anyway - so the family was traveling around and living in this bus and they had stopped in Ashland, I believe, and someone reported them to child protective services. I think one of the little children was sick, and something didn't sit right with someone... so they were reported.

So child protective services took the children into protective custody.

Then, the parents schemed this plan to kidnap the kids from protective custody... the last I remember about the story I believe both parents were in prison and the children were in foster care?

I'm remembering bits and pieces, and I'm sorry for sounding rambly... but does anyone else remember this story?

I would like to find the old articles I read about this family, and it would be interesting, too, to find out what happened to them and if they kids are doing OK.

I have posted this in the Oregon thread, too, to better my chances of finding someone who knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 02:45 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times
Found it - it's the story of Brian and Ruth Christine... Man who kidnapped daughters from child-welfare workers in Oregon to be released from prison | OregonLive.com

So nevermind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime