Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 05:15 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Time will tell that the husband did it, no matter what excuses anyone comes up with. It's an old old story, told so many times before. Oh, I know some don't approve of it being said before the trial, but there is no law against saying it. He did it, he did it, he did it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yep this ^^^^^^....uh let us see what names come to mind Oh yeah scott Peterson , drew Peterson , and the other guy who set his house on fire after slamming the door in the face of a social worker with him and his kids too bad his creepy dad was not in there with him , that guy was a coward to put his sons in the house with him. we have seen too many of these stories when is violence against women going to stop???
You two should join law enforcement. Think of the millions that would be saved in investigation costs. You are a couple of Sherlock Holmeses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 06:18 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
You two should join law enforcement. Think of the millions that would be saved in investigation costs. You are a couple of Sherlock Holmeses.
Well seeing as how many cases the cops botch each year with sloppy investigations I will take that as a compliment .

Old 07-13-2014, 07:18 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
I was researching this last night on dateline. The only thing I can get from her picture is that there was a secret. Maybe it was the pregnancy? I mean, I wouldn't consider the pregnancy a secret because she was three months pregnant.. but I get the word 'secret' here. The last search was this weekend ( I think) with 68 volunteers and they covered 200 sq. miles. She was only gone for 20 minutes at the most from her home. The car was found on the base where they lived.. if she is not in that general vicinity.. something is off. Why would she get out her car? Her phone has been dead since she was missing. There is suppose to be cameras at the last place she was at.. but that information is not shared.. SO, what I am guessing is she was a very kind person.. I did use the word "was", huh.. I don't know really.. other than the word secret. Thirteen days.. that's weird.

It sounds like whatever happened here was fast. That would indicate that someone either A) made her get out of the car or B) she got out of the car.. Was it to meet someone? Why are the authorities not releasing her last phone call..
?

S
E
C
R
E
T

Old 07-13-2014, 07:50 PM

Hey, I was thinking this before I found it on the net.

I didn't think this baby was his.. so.. I found this article anyway.. This must be the secret.. but was it to meet the other guy or maybe the other guy had a girlfriend as well? Just speculating there but I get the feeling that this baby was not his or she was being pulled in a different direction that was male.

BREAKING NEWS IN CASE OF MISSING TWENTYNINE PALMS WOMAN « KCDZ 107.7 FM

Old 07-13-2014, 08:30 PM

175 posts, read 256,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post

I didn't think this baby was his.. so.. I found this article anyway.. This must be the secret.. but was it to meet the other guy or maybe the other guy had a girlfriend as well? Just speculating there but I get the feeling that this baby was not his or she was being pulled in a different direction that was male.

I read this too after getting the link on LA Times. IF this is true then I think she told the married Marine/boyfriend she was pregnant with his baby and he probably killed her. The article said this marine is full of contradictions and they probably will not find her alive. Again if this is true, I feel sorry for her husband, he looks like a nice guy.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kv7370 View Post
I read this too after getting the link on LA Times. IF this is true then I think she told the married Marine/boyfriend she was pregnant with his baby and he probably killed her. The article said this marine is full of contradictions and they probably will not find her alive. Again if this is true, I feel sorry for her husband, he looks like a nice guy.
I'll keep concentrating on it .. but now I see two people. Definitely a male and a female. I probably need to look at Goole maps as well, since I am not familiar with the area. At three months pregnant, ( I really want to say two months pregnant) but I can tell this baby had to be a boy. If she was pregnant with a girl, she would be puking her guts out at two months pregnant and not be at some national forest at seven in the morning? That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense at two months pregnant.

Why was she at some National Forest at seven o'clock in the morning shooting photography for the 'ideal' place to tell her mother she was pregnant? That sounds so 'lame' for her physical condition.

http://www.people.com/article/erin-c...-prays-returns

Was she really pregnant? ( I know you have no way way of knowing) but her husband had to be at work by seven in the morning as well, and I think they start earlier.. actually. If he ran PT, it could have been as early as 6:30 am, but seven a.m. sounds too late and 6:30 sounds too early.

It almost sounds like her car was planted at that location and the location is off. A National Freaking Forest:? Nah... wrong answer, I think.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 07-13-2014 at 09:29 PM..

Old 07-13-2014, 10:08 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,395,410 times
Quote:
I'll keep concentrating on it .. but now I see two people. Definitely a male and a female. I probably need to look at Goole maps as well, since I am not familiar with the area. At three months pregnant, ( I really want to say two months pregnant) but I can tell this baby had to be a boy. If she was pregnant with a girl, she would be puking her guts out at two months pregnant and not be at some national forest at seven in the morning? That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense at two months pregnant.

Why was she at some National Forest at seven o'clock in the morning shooting photography for the 'ideal' place to tell her mother she was pregnant? That sounds so 'lame' for her physical condition.

Family of Missing Pregnant Woman Erin Corwin Prays She Returns Home Safely : People.com

Was she really pregnant? ( I know you have no way way of knowing) but her husband had to be at work by seven in the morning as well, and I think they start earlier.. actually. If he ran PT, it could have been as early as 6:30 am, but seven a.m. sounds too late and 6:30 sounds too early.

It almost sounds like her car was planted at that location and the location is off. A National Freaking Forest:? Nah... wrong answer, I think.
I was stationed out there (29 Palms) - I don't think 630 is early in terms of PT. We often started much earlier than that once summer hit. If you wait to late in the morning, it's black flag conditions and no physical training is allowed. Honestly, the "work day" starts around 0730 for most Marines but there are all sorts of reasons that we would end up coming in early , sometimes very early. Various inspections, if we were doing something that required everyone to get their weapons checked out of the armory. whatever...

I'm guessing that she was meeting her boyfriend or perhaps had a run-in with the boyfriends wife? The military isn't like working at a civilian job - getting another Marines wife pregnant would have been a career ended for her boyfriend.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:09 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
in this case, "going to Joshua Tree National Park".

Took him a day to report her missing.
I don't think it's odd it took him a day to report her missing. Due to television shows, many people believe you have to wait 24 to 72 hours before reporting someone missing. She might have had a history of delayed arrivals due to stopping and visiting friends on her way home. Given that she was having an affair, I'm sure it was common for her to not show up when expected.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:13 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:

If it turns out this "other marine" killed her, I sure hope it's tried in a civilian court.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:32 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Call me cynical--and I will note that there is no proof of anything, as others have pointed out--but we've heard this story SOOOOO many times before, haven't we? Man calls and reports his wife missing. He was the last one to see her alive. She was usually "going for a walk" or in this case, "going to Joshua Tree National Park".

Took him a day to report her missing.

Pretty sure we know how this will end.
Right? And seriously, if you live out there in summer, you just don't really go out during the day. I used to have to take my car to the mechanic at 5 in the morning, because he shuts down at 12. Its just too hot. "Yeah, i am gonna go take a leisurely stroll in triple digit temps". Also, does she have a pass? Cause it costs 30 bucks to get in there. Its not like its your neighborhood park. She probably has a military pass or something, but yeah, it smells like poo to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime