Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 09:12 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times

Advertisements

This was pretty bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder...stopher_Newsom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 08:54 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinbaby View Post
Not really torture, but Oba Chadler tricked a woman and her two young daughters on to his boat in Tampa Bay, where he bound them, sexually assaulted them, tied them to blocks, and cast them overboard alive. I'm glad he was put to death.
I remember that well.

But I am against the death penalty and firmly believe Oba Chandler, and others like him, should spend the rest of their lives behind bars housed in general population.

In case you didn't know it child killers and rapists do not do well in prison which is why they spend their time in isolation and solitary confinement but I believe solitary confinement is cruel and unusual punishment.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:52 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Duncan. Not all of the details are in the murderpedia story, but in addition to what is documented here, he repeatedly hung and then revived Dylan in front of Shasta, raped them both repeatedly in front of each other and then made Shasta drag her brother's body through the coals when he burned him.

This is after he murdered her entire family, and apparently, several other people.

Joseph Duncan III | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Old 08-26-2016, 04:44 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I remember that well.
In case you didn't know it child killers and rapists do not do well in prison which is why they spend their time in isolation and solitary confinement but I believe solitary confinement is cruel and unusual punishment.
Cruel and unusual? Even though what they did their victims was cruel and unusual?

Old 08-30-2016, 03:57 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Jeffrey Dhamer and John wayne Gacy.

There just comes a point where you read of the families affected by these acts of their loved ones...and you rethink the death sentence.

I am for the most part a believer in life sentences.....til I read these events and realize their is zero hope or true reform for these ailed perpetrators.

I do though have much compassion for the relatives of these murders, their life is forever tarnish and ridiculed....even though they did NOT encourage or contribute to these antics. Guilt by association runs true in this nation......

Old 02-27-2017, 08:24 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,931 times
The murder of Adam Walsh.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:14 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
...one story that sticks out to me is the gang rapes and murders of Jennifer Ertman (14 years old) and Elizabeth Pena (16) in Houston back in the nineties...

I live in Houston and was renting a warehouse (where I conducted dog training classes at night) within a couple of blocks of where those two girls were murdered at the time. In fact, I was there the night they were killed. So I followed their terrible ordeal and the trials of the animals who tortured/murdered them for a long time.

One thing that struck me was that the gang had caught Elizabeth and didnt try to get Jennifer (they thought she was a boy). So Jennifer was able to get away -- but then she heard Elizabeth screaming and ran back to try to help her. Had she not done that, she'd have been safe. For some reason, that haunted me for years.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:55 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Everyone is mentioning all the cases I would have. Mary Jane Kelly's crime-scene photo is the worst I have ever seen, hands down. Junko Furuta's torture stories, and the stories of what Randy Kraft did to his victims, were atrocious, but at least Kraft's victims were usually unconscious when he did it to them. I shudder to even think about what poor Sylvia Likens went through. Is there anyone crueler than a child? Yeah: SIX children, all torturing you to death. And the only adult is the house is the one encouraging them to do worse and more of it.

Now, Bob Berdella...he was another story entirely. He kept guys alive in his house for days or weeks, and kept photos of them and what he did to them, as they got thinner, weaker and more beaten up. He was finally busted when a man broke out of an upstairs window and escaped, wearing nothing but a dog collar, bleeding out his rear end the way Konarek Sinthasomphone was when he got away from Jeff Dahmer. He broke his leg falling off Berdella's roof but he kept running anyway. I've kept the book about that case -- Rites Of Burial -- for something like 20 years since I first read it. I can't get rid of it but I can't yet face rereading it. It is just that bad.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:20 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsleepy View Post
I'm sure there are many, but serial killer Rodney Acala's habit of strangling and resuscitating his victims just to do it again, truly disgusts me.
Hmmmm, one of those things about knowing too much (or knowing one's profession extremely well) in that with an airway killer, they get to decide when their victims will die.

As to the subject at hand, while I am acquainted with many cases and know many of the ones mentioned, I would have to say https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll

and then, followed by the Hillside Stranglers.

Someone exploring the many different ways to torture and kill people just for their jollies rather racks them down there with concentration camp doctors in my book.

And then, there's ............ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dutroux

Old 03-08-2017, 09:44 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,044 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Me...itentiary_riot

During an edition of BBC's Timewatch program, an eyewitness described the carnage in cell block 4. They saw an inmate held up in front of a window; he was being tortured by using a blow torch on his face. They then started using the torch on his eyes, and then the inmate's head exploded. Another described the scene when he came across Mario Urioste, originally jailed for shoplifting, but was incarcerated in cell block 4 for his own protection after he had been apparently gang-raped by other inmates. Urioste was found hanged with his throat cut, and his dismembered genitals stuffed into his mouth.[14]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime