Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2015, 11:38 AM

258 posts, read 299,924 times

Advertisements

I work in an analyst position where I am able to listen to music or podcasts heavily. Since it's the holiday season, many of my usual podcasts have taken a temporary "break." I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for your favorite podcasts.

The ones I am caught up on:
Sword and Scale (love, love, love!)
Criminal
Serial (not a fan of this current season, though, because I am way too biased to start with on the case)

I cannot get into The Generation Why podcast for the life of me.... I find those guys that host are goofy and don't necessarily get the facts correct.

I'm currently listening to True Murder by Dan Zupansky. I'm kind of lukewarm on it, because it's authors talking about their books and sometimes drones on (and the production value is not that great)... but it'll do as a crutch to get me through if I can't find anything else.

And if you have any non- True Crime suggestions, I'm open to that, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 01:09 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,770 times
Dangit, I was gonna send you to Sword and Scale, but you have already discovered it. Frankly, the ones you named are the very best. You won't find anything near the quality other than those, and I have looked, many many times. Sword and Scale ESPECIALLY is amazing....I hope they go on and on for years. Criminal as well.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,119 times
Try us out, we only just launched. Most people seem to be enjoying what we have done so far.

Although we are the first to admit there is room for improvement. It's only early days, can only get better!

Let us know what you think.

[url]https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/casefile-true-crime-podcast/id998568017?mt=2[/url]

Old 02-10-2016, 11:23 AM

258 posts, read 299,924 times
I'll check it out-- thanks!

Old 02-12-2016, 10:45 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,937,061 times
Last year on the heels of Serial's success, the Atlanta Journal launched a podcast series called "Breakdown" - like Serial, it follows one case over about 8 episodes. I enjoyed it!

Old 03-17-2016, 11:46 AM

85 posts, read 143,395 times
I've been looking for some True Crime podcasts also, so I just wanted to throw out some I've found. One's already mentioned - Serial (I've only listened to season 2), Sword & Scale, Casefile.

Also...

Criminal (I've only listened to the last couple of episodes, but they were pretty good. Kind of on the short end though)

Missing Maura Murray (beware of falling down the rabbit hole with this one!)

Unsolved (I actually haven't listened to this one yet, but plan to give it a try. It's fairly new so only 4 episodes so far)

True Crime Garage (I find them a little annoying, and the production quality could be better, but not bad)

Old 07-27-2016, 12:39 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,569,570 times
Not sure if it has been mentioned, and I missed it, but good podcast is My Favorite Murder. It's funny, but very thought provoking too. Love the hostesses!! Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark

Old 08-01-2016, 07:37 AM

928 posts, read 970,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr11 View Post
I work in an analyst position where I am able to listen to music or podcasts heavily. Since it's the holiday season, many of my usual podcasts have taken a temporary "break." I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for your favorite podcasts.

The ones I am caught up on:
Sword and Scale (love, love, love!)
Criminal
Serial (not a fan of this current season, though, because I am way too biased to start with on the case)

I cannot get into The Generation Why podcast for the life of me.... I find those guys that host are goofy and don't necessarily get the facts correct.

I'm currently listening to True Murder by Dan Zupansky. I'm kind of lukewarm on it, because it's authors talking about their books and sometimes drones on (and the production value is not that great)... but it'll do as a crutch to get me through if I can't find anything else.

And if you have any non- True Crime suggestions, I'm open to that, as well.
Thanks for this! Never heard of these sites -fantastic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime