Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 06:01 AM

44 posts, read 42,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Which interview did LE say what you quoted?

I never said it was all a lie. I don't think the brand is made up.

If her story is true, then clearly one of her abductors branded SP.

But, we have no idea how large or deep the brand is. People do brand themselves and/or allow others to brand them similar to getting a tattoo. So, if for example this was some kind of scam its not impossible she did it herself or allowed someone else to do it. Also, possible there's a scam but she wasn't part of it or didn't know how far it would go.

I also think its possible she was truly abducted, but is not telling the truth now because she's afraid to.

The current story just doesn't make any sense. And, contrary to you believe LE knows a lot more than they are saying, I don't get that from listening to them. Usually, they are saying they have nothing.

For the life of me, I can't find the interview where the sheriff says "they (the doubters) don't know what we know." The interview was a one-on-one with a local reporter. But the sheriff says something similar in this article below:

"I would like to remind the media that we will not disclose everything about the case or what Sherri provided for us for the integrity of the investigation, as it is active and ongoing."

The sheriff also says, "During the interviews with Sherri, she described the sequence of events to the best of her recollection. Remember she was held against her will and she was isolated."

Read the complete transcription from sheriff

You say the current story just doesn't make sense. But what scenario DOES make sense, with everything we know? A hoax doesn't make sense either. We know she was battered pretty badly. The reporter from ABC says he has seen the pictures of her. They're not being released to the public however. Why, I don't know. But the pictures are convincing enough to the reporter who has seen them. Let me know if you need me to provide a link.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:16 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,472,415 times
Has anyone seen this clip with a criminal profiler and a legal analyst? Notice what they said about trafficking and the strangeness of the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Mm...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-03-2016, 06:42 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Has anyone seen this clip with a criminal profiler and a legal analyst? Notice what they said about trafficking and the strangeness of the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Mm...ature=youtu.be
It sounds just like the conversations in this thread

They don't know, we don't know. We all are speculating with no facts to go on, because the facts are being withheld.

This world is getting more bizarre. People are doing weirder crap than ever.

Think I'll just pop some popcorn and watch the thing unfold.

Old 12-03-2016, 07:56 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Apparently you don't fully understand HIPAA Laws. These Laws also state that no identifying information can be released about any patient that can identify them and their condition. Any photos of her now would indicate who she is and what her condition is.

Next it's her prerogative and rights to not have photos of her trauma released. You need to apply common sense when evaluating this case.
I've noticed you seem to have made it your mission to infiltrate this thread with corrections and take-downs of other posters.

How nice that we have someone here who knows all.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:10 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,472,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
It sounds just like the conversations in this thread

They don't know, we don't know. We all are speculating with no facts to go on, because the facts are being withheld.

This world is getting more bizarre. People are doing weirder crap than ever.

Think I'll just pop some popcorn and watch the thing unfold.
Yes but they are speculating or forming their opinion with the benefit of their wealth of experience and training in criminology and psychiatry so I personally would add more weight to what they are saying. Anyway the police would be using profilers in this case and they would have access to all the information that we aren't privy to. There is really very little information on the perpetrators but the fact that they are 2 females is extremely unusual. If it was 2 males or a male and a female that would suggest a sexual motive.

What would be the motive for 2 females to kidnap another woman? There would have to be some personal reason and connection. The branding and cutting the hair could possibly be something an enraged female would do to someone they were seeking revenge from for some hurt and also an attempt at making them less attractive. Why keep them for 3 weeks though and then release them?

It will be interesting to see what the outcome to all this will be.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:57 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Yes but they are speculating or forming their opinion with the benefit of their wealth of experience and training in criminology and psychiatry so I personally would add more weight to what they are saying. Anyway the police would be using profilers in this case and they would have access to all the information that we aren't privy to. There is really very little information on the perpetrators but the fact that they are 2 females is extremely unusual. If it was 2 males or a male and a female that would suggest a sexual motive.

What would be the motive for 2 females to kidnap another woman? There would have to be some personal reason and connection. The branding and cutting the hair could possibly be something an enraged female would do to someone they were seeking revenge from for some hurt and also an attempt at making them less attractive. Why keep them for 3 weeks though and then release them?

It will be interesting to see what the outcome to all this will be.
Oh to be a fly on the wall, eh?

It truly does sound like it is a personal attack.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:12 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I've noticed you seem to have made it your mission to infiltrate this thread with corrections and take-downs of other posters.
Really is that what you have noticed? You seem to have missed one poster who made it their mission to attack every single of my posts with unwarranted unsubstantiated vitriol.

Perhaps you also noticed that all I did was simply point out the misinformed speculations and all the added extra supposed "facts" of this case that you won't find anywhere except right here in CD speculation land by people who have nothing better to do with their time.

If this bothers you or if you think it violates the TOS then simply report me vs. falsely accusing me of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
"I would like to remind the media that we will not disclose everything about the case or what Sherri provided for us for the integrity of the investigation, as it is active and ongoing."
I also posted the same exact thing a few pages back but it fell upon deaf ears that would rather speculate than stick to the actual facts of this case.

Last edited by Matadora; 12-03-2016 at 10:00 AM..

Old 12-03-2016, 10:29 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
For the life of me, I can't find the interview where the sheriff says "they (the doubters) don't know what we know." The interview was a one-on-one with a local reporter. But the sheriff says something similar in this article below:

The sheriff also says, "During the interviews with Sherri, she described the sequence of events to the best of her recollection. Remember she was held against her will and she was isolated."

Read the complete transcription from sheriff

You say the current story just doesn't make sense. But what scenario DOES make sense, with everything we know? A hoax doesn't make sense either. We know she was battered pretty badly. The reporter from ABC says he has seen the pictures of her. They're not being released to the public however. Why, I don't know. But the pictures are convincing enough to the reporter who has seen them. Let me know if you need me to provide a link.

( LAST PARAGRAPH)

If the pictures are not to be released to the public, the ABC reporter had no business being privileged to view them either.

ABC reporters are not part of law enforcement or the criminal investigation.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:31 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
I was just thinking of typical motives; why someone would beat a woman. Though certainly there are random acts of violence with no other motive than the psychopaths' enjoyment of harming or killing someone. Passions can run very high in a love triangle. If a cheater is smart enough, they will use a second disposable phone for romantic hookups. If she had someone on the side, he may have beaten her out of frustration that she did not leave her husband. This would be in line with the woman who claims to have seen SP at a rest stop with two men days before she was found. SP then lies and says it was two women, whom she cannot describe. When in reality her boyfriend went psycho when she told him they were breaking up.
Your scenario is possible, but usually people "fall" into affairs gradually. Only a dedicated experienced serial adulterer would start an affair with a secret/burner phone imo. The main reason cheaters get burner phones is when they realize they have aroused a spouses suspicion and/or they get caught, tell the spouse the affair is over, but then take it further underground.

I think there would be some lead up that was evident on the real phone or computer. I also would think if she went to breakup with someone, she would have taken her own car and not be dependent on a scorned lover to bring her home.

The Sheriff has said the woman at the truck stop was not SP, so that's not relevant anymore, unless for some reason he is not telling the truth.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:45 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Well, if we're requiring as much common sense logic from ourselves as we are the folks involved in this case, I can't realistically imagine a 4 year old being oblivious to his MOTHER disappearing from his life for 3 weeks. A 2 year old, sure. But a 4 year old?? No. So possibly "keep all this away from them" meant the crime/cops aspect, rather than pretending mom wasn't lost. Which wouldn't be realistic at all.

I agree and never thought they told the 4 year old nothing. There are lots of benign things the child could have been told between Mommy is lost and Mommy was kidnapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime