Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 08:55 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,256,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I agree with other posters that this is an extremely odd case. How many cases are there where a woman has been kidnapped by two other women? Kidnapping is usually committed for ransom or by sexual predators. Very few will keep a victim alive for long but we know that this does happen as per the case now ongoing with Todd Kohlhepp but the vast majority of cases will murder a victim very quickly. This is a highly unusual case. It will be interesting to find out what motive two women would have for kidnapping another woman.

There is really no need to kidnap women from wealthy countries for sex slavery. There are millions of women and children trafficked from countries where life is much cheaper and where no one searches for them. No one is going to kidnap someone from a relatively affluent family in a country like the US where the press reports them missing and the family and law enforcement are going to be looking for them.
Don't kid yourself. Human trafficking happens in the U.S. more than people realize.

Just check a few of these links https://www.bing.com/search?q=Human+...S.&FORM=EDGNNC

Old 11-26-2016, 11:00 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,673,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I haven't really paid much attention...not local for me....
But to be found in this way and NOT to be in severe distress from that long away...
Something is fishy....
People either don't come back or they don't comeback w/o severe trauma being found so easily...
She wasn't locked in a storage bin like the recent news story of woman kidnapped /confined and her boyfriend killed...
This story doesn't pass the smell test...
Well I live in Southern CA, so it's getting coverage down here even though it was up north.

No, it doesn't pass the smell test.

You're right, people either don't come back or are in bad shape.

She didn't even spend one night in a hospital.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:39 AM

44 posts, read 42,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frigadoon View Post
I think you mean Kala Brown? She was also in great physical shape when found, come to think of it. Maybe this is the era of kinder, gentler abductors?

Sherri Papini claims she was blindfolded and can't give physical descriptions. But if she was blindfolded when they released her at the side of the road how did she flag down motorists and not get hit? And how did she know it was a dark colored SUV?
Can you point me to the story where it states SP claims she was blindfolded? I don't recall that, thx.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:52 AM

I know Keith Papini passed a polygraph, and I believe in polygraph results. But they are not foolproof. I can't shake the feeling that he could know more than he's letting on, especially if this all turns out to be a ruse for money.

He discovered SP was missing when she didn't pick up the children from daycare. He used a Find my iPhone app to find her phone on a jogging trail.

How does the app work? Is it designed to find a phone using the app on someone else's phone?

I also wonder if KP called police when he found SP's cell phone, earbuds, and hair along the trail, and left them untouched for LE to process the scene? Or did he touch the objects, pick them up, move them around?

It all seems so set up, from beginning to end.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:21 AM

23 posts, read 31,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
Can you point me to the story where it states SP claims she was blindfolded? I don't recall that, thx.
Sorry, I may be morphing the local chatter with bonafide details. I don't have articles bookmarked. But the fact that LE didn't have detailed descriptions after she was held by these people for 3 weeks and LE is uncertain whether she knew them or not after 3 weeks? Seems to me that if there are two armed kidnappers on the loose LE would want to give the public better details so we could be alert. The kidnappers must be presumed dangerous since Sherri was chained and beaten...

Old 11-27-2016, 08:36 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,609,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I agree with other posters that this is an extremely odd case. How many cases are there where a woman has been kidnapped by two other women? Kidnapping is usually committed for ransom or by sexual predators. Very few will keep a victim alive for long but we know that this does happen as per the case now ongoing with Todd Kohlhepp but the vast majority of cases will murder a victim very quickly. This is a highly unusual case. It will be interesting to find out what motive two women would have for kidnapping another woman.

There is really no need to kidnap women from wealthy countries for sex slavery. There are millions of women and children trafficked from countries where life is much cheaper and where no one searches for them. No one is going to kidnap someone from a relatively affluent family in a country like the US where the press reports them missing and the family and law enforcement are going to be looking for them.
Male predators do sometimes have females lure the victims. The boy is the true life kidnapping story that was made into a tv movie, "My Name is Stephen," had been kidnapped by a sexual predator and kept for years. He in turn was forced to lure new young boys for the predator.

There was that male-female white team that kidnapped, tortured, raped, and murdered young women. She had blonde hair...I forget their names. One of the people they killed was the woman's 15 year old sister.

Then there was the male-female duo, "Born Killers."

Then there was a male-female duo in some resort area who brutally murdered a young couple they had befriended for the purpose of robbing and murdering. The female in the duo had dark short hair. I forget their names. She stabbed and killed the woman victim.

Jayce Duggard was kidnapped by a married couple. This was the girl kept for 18 years.

Colleen Stan was kidnapped by a married couple and kept as a slave for 7 years.

Female kidnappers usually kidnap children, I would say, just from watching the news. When they kidnap adults, they are usually working with a male.

Maybe these two women were offered money if they kidnapped a young blonde American, but they screwed up by nabbing an older woman who was a mother and then didn't know what to do with her, when they couldn't sell her. Or maybe a personal vendetta.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I may be morphing the local chatter with bonafide details. I don't have articles bookmarked. But the fact that LE didn't have detailed descriptions after she was held by these people for 3 weeks and LE is uncertain whether she knew them or not after 3 weeks? Seems to me that if there are two armed kidnappers on the loose LE would want to give the public better details so we could be alert. The kidnappers must be presumed dangerous since Sherri was chained and beaten...
Just to set the record straight for everyone else, I searched and couldn't find any article that states SP claims she was blindfolded (We don't want mistruths out there).

And the fact that you mention, that LE has given such a vague description, thickens the plot. Why would they do that? My hunch is, LE knows this entire kidnapping scenario is a lie, but immediately after being discovered, SP was in too fragile a state to be heavily interrogated. And it was Thanksgiving (how convenient!). I believe LE is playing her game for the time being, and in the next week or two, they will turn up the heat on her.

I think LE even knows how preposterous it is to release such a vague description. It speaks volumes to me.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:01 AM

890 posts, read 885,454 times
Quote:
But the fact that LE didn't have detailed descriptions after she was held by these people for 3 weeks and LE is uncertain whether she knew them or not after 3 weeks? Seems to me that if there are two armed kidnappers on the loose LE would want to give the public better details so we could be alert. The kidnappers must be presumed dangerous since Sherri was chained and beaten...
Chief Wiggum - I mean, Sheriff Bosenko:
"Authorities are looking for two women in a dark SUV in connection with the case, the sheriff added. They reportedly are armed."
"Sheriff Tom Bosenko said that investigators are looking for a dark-colored SUV driven by two armed Hispanic women"
"It appears he's telling us the truth," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said. "Generally, you can't trick a polygraph."

He alerted us to millions of Californians. Great. They are probably "armed" with dangerous hair combs.

Naw, it wasn't two armed Hispanic women. It was that "Puerto Rican guy":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butters'_Very_Own_Episode

Old 11-27-2016, 09:31 AM

23 posts, read 31,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
Just to set the record straight for everyone else, I searched and couldn't find any article that states SP claims she was blindfolded (We don't want mistruths out there).
And the fact that you mention, that LE has given such a vague description, thickens the plot. Why would they do that? My hunch is, LE knows this entire kidnapping scenario is a lie, but immediately after being discovered, SP was in too fragile a state to be heavily interrogated. And it was Thanksgiving (how convenient!). I believe LE is playing her game for the time being, and in the next week or two, they will turn up the heat on her.
I think LE even knows how preposterous it is to release such a vague description. It speaks volumes to me.
Thank you. I apologize for any misinformation. You are right, there is enough B.S. to this story without muddying the waters further. It must have been the local chatter. There was also a "source in the extended family" who claimed that Sherri staged a kidnapping by two Latinas in 2006 but there has been no verification from LE that I have seen.

I feel bad for all the Latinas with dark SUVs who must be getting the side-eye everywhere they go. Graywhiskers at least this time it isn't "a bushy-haired stranger"!

Old 11-27-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:

I feel bad for all the Latinas with dark SUVs who must be getting the side-eye everywhere they go. Graywhiskers at least this time it isn't "a bushy-haired stranger"!
I notice the TV stations are leaving out the "Hispanic" reference and opting to just say two women in a dark SUV that might be armed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime