Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 01:03 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,964,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Tawana's story being fabricated has no relation to Sherri's story.

We don't know what the branded "message" was on Sherri's body. Never has it been revealed that it was an offensive word. It's only been revealed that it was not a symbol, instead a "message".

Well of course there will be holes in this story when the case under active investigation. There is a reason information is withheld from the public during active investigations.

I know of no inconsistencies so if you could point those out that would be great!
Why did the husband immediately go to the mailbox when he located her phone there? Did he always do that? Did he arrive home from work, locate her with her phone, and then immediately go to where she was?

Doesn't that seem odd?

Old 12-04-2016, 01:21 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,269,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Why did the husband immediately go to the mailbox when he located her phone there? Did he always do that?

Did he arrive home from work, locate her with her phone, and then immediately go to where she was?

Doesn't that seem odd?
I suggest you read the 20/20 transcripts. The events did not play out as you just posted.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:22 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,452,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
There wasn't anything specific that was said that cast doubt for me. But while watching I realized that it COULD be fabricated, because there's not a single iota of evidence supporting the two Hispanic women scenario (that we know of). However, there is evidence that SP was taken against her will and abused, and evidence that some group did it (i.e. the branding). I'm on the fence.

I believe KP is innocent, but his "my wife can do no wrong" demeanor on 20/20 led me to believe he might be overlooking any notion that SP might have done something he never dreamed she would do (willingly got in a vehicle with people for drugs, sex, etc).

That would mean LE is either a) keystone cops, or they're b) purposely leading the public and KP down a garden path. If b) is correct, perhaps that's because the Papinis would quickly lawyer up if they pressured SP, and KP would be thrown into a tailspin.
Yeah, if she was involved in something unknown to her husband that led to some kind of revenge abduction/assault/torture, she's now between a rock and a hard place and has a very high pedestal to fall from. Cooperate to help catch the perp(s) assuming she knows who they are or who sent them and possibly risk her marriage and life as she knows it or just make up vague stuff and hope it goes away?

I doubt LE would tell KP if they had evidence like that unless they believed he was at risk somehow. Because like you said, one or both of them would then stop talking.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:55 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,964,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I suggest you read the 20/20 transcripts. The events did not play out as you just posted.
What transcripts?
What am I getting wrong?

I recall he got home from work and was expecting his family to greet him at his car. When they did't do that, he used the 'find my phone' app. He located her phone at the mailbox, and immediately went to that location.

Did he actually go about his business, perhaps assuming that his wife had bumped into a friend at the mailboxes and she'd be home soon enough? How long was it between the time that he arrived home and he went to the mailbox?

Why was the phone neatly placed on the ground with the earphones neatly piled on top? That is very unusual given that this is allegedly a violent kidnapping. Why wasn't her phone taken as well - surely the modern kidnapper wants to avoid getting caught, so leaving clear evidence linking to the abduction site is a bit odd.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:14 PM

23 posts, read 31,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
What transcripts?
What am I getting wrong?
I recall he got home from work and was expecting his family to greet him at his car. When they did't do that, he used the 'find my phone' app. He located her phone at the mailbox, and immediately went to that location.
Did he actually go about his business, perhaps assuming that his wife had bumped into a friend at the mailboxes and she'd be home soon enough? How long was it between the time that he arrived home and he went to the mailbox?
Why was the phone neatly placed on the ground with the earphones neatly piled on top? That is very unusual given that this is allegedly a violent kidnapping. Why wasn't her phone taken as well - surely the modern kidnapper wants to avoid getting caught, so leaving clear evidence linking to the abduction site is a bit odd.

He says he came home and no one was there to greet him. He tried calling and texting Sherri but got no answer. He called the daycare and discovered the kids had not been picked up. Then he used the Find My Phone app.

For those in doubt about the "home by Thanksgiving" thing, it is a direct quote from Ken Papini, who gave an exclusive interview to the Daily Mail:

Ken said his son had always believed he'd bring his family back together.
Last week he promised their two children, Tyler four and Violet, two, that 'mommy' would be home by Thanksgiving.
'Of course we all hoped it would come true, you have to have faith,' said Ken.
'But we had planned to have a nice family Thanksgiving and none of us were allowed to mention it, we would only talk about forgiving and thanks. 'None of us imagined it might actually come true.'
'None of us imagined it might actually come true.'
[LEFT]
Family of kidnapped California mom found bound and dumped at roadside speak out | Daily Mail Online
[/LEFT]

Old 12-04-2016, 02:37 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,383,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Why wasn't she branded on the face? If they meant to do real damage that's what I'd do.
Well, try to refrain from that.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I see what your saying and can expand that thought. Why is she still in hiding? Maybe the bruises aren't bad and she's waiting for them to go away so we can't question them. Why wasn't she branded on the face? If they meant to do real damage that's what I'd do. They cut her hair when we finally see her and she has a bob it'll be suspicious to me. If bad girls chop hair they go for damage like to the scalp and different chopped lengths all over. I know she going to see a hair dresser so we'll see down the road how bad she was chopped by how bad it looks after the hair dresser. Right ow we just have to wait and see how it plays out. Interesting case

Seems pretty logical to me that an abduction victim would want to be in hiding someplace she felt safe away from the scene of her abduction as well as media camped on her lawn.

The bruises and whatever other injuries she has have been seen by LE. I assume pictures were taken to document those injuries for any future trial. Possibly also reports detailing the severity by doctors for use at a future trial. At least I would hope so.

It appears her husband also took pictures that he showed to the reporter for the 20/20 interview.

I seem to recall her hair was "chopped" to shoulder length, but not sure if that was the 20/20 interview or elsewhere.

Cutting her hair, could have been as much a practical matter as anything else. She had a lot of hair. Three weeks of not brushing/washing it which I doubt they did and it would be everywhere. Not to mention tangling up in the restraints they were using. Maybe scaring her with whatever they used to cut it and making her feel humiliated/powerless while they were cutting it could have just been an added bonus to the perps.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:54 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,258,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frigadoon View Post
Ken said his son had always believed he'd bring his family back together.
Last week he promised their two children, Tyler four and Violet, two, that 'mommy' would be home by Thanksgiving.
'Of course we all hoped it would come true, you have to have faith,' said Ken.
'But we had planned to have a nice family Thanksgiving and none of us were allowed to mention it, we would only talk about forgiving and thanks. 'None of us imagined it might actually come true.'
'None of us imagined it might actually come true.'
[LEFT]
Family of kidnapped California mom found bound and dumped at roadside speak out | Daily Mail Online
[/LEFT]
Why oh why would you promise a 4 & a 2 year old that????

Bizarre.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:55 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,344,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Seems pretty logical to me that an abduction victim would want to be in hiding someplace she felt safe away from the scene of her abduction as well as media camped on her lawn.

The bruises and whatever other injuries she has have been seen by LE.
I assume pictures were taken to document those injuries for any future trial. Possibly also reports detailing the severity by doctors for use at a future trial. At least I would hope so.

It appears her husband also took pictures that he showed to the reporter for the 20/20 interview.

I seem to recall her hair was "chopped" to shoulder length, but not sure if that was the 20/20 interview or elsewhere.

Cutting her hair, could have been as much a practical matter as anything else. She had a lot of hair. Three weeks of not brushing/washing it which I doubt they did and it would be everywhere. Not to mention tangling up in the restraints they were using. Maybe scaring her with whatever they used to cut it and making her feel humiliated/powerless while they were cutting it could have just been an added bonus to the perps.
To add to this: Really, the only people that need to see the victim are the ones that are investigating the case. They have done that and I'm sure photographed all the juicy lurid details. To the general public, the only reason to want to see the victim is to satisfy some weird need to confirm something that is not our place to confirm or negate.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
To add to this: Really, the only people that need to see the victim are the ones that are investigating the case. They have done that and I'm sure photographed all the juicy lurid details. To the general public, the only reason to want to see the victim is to satisfy some weird need to confirm something that is not our place to confirm or negate.
Yeah, I don't get that. And, most of the time we don't see injuries to victims either in person or from photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime