Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2023, 08:11 AM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times

Advertisements

A friend is a home health aide. She was staying overnight in a rural area with an elderly man. There was banging on the door and a man claiming to be a neighbor wanted to introduce himself. He said, "open the door, I won't hurt you; I just want to introduce myself."

My friend called the police and they arrived 20 minutes later. Upon investigation, the guy had slashed my friend's tire. Luckily a neighbor had a ring camera that showed the guy slashing her tire BEFORE approaching the door. Also, the video showed he was parked on the road before my friend arrived.

He had obviously targeted this house for some reason. It seems odd he would slash the tire. Does this sound like my friend might have been the target or just a random one?

Old 02-20-2023, 12:19 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Insufficient information to answer the question.

Old 02-20-2023, 08:14 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
I think he clearly intended to do her harm. Thank God she listened to her gut and didn't let him in. I hope the police take this extremely seriously.

How scary.

Old 02-24-2023, 09:20 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
He slashed her tire so she couldn’t escape by car. He def wanted to attack her. Not a stalker though

Old 02-24-2023, 10:37 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
If it was a rural area with an elderly man living there, everyone would have known this, including this guy if he lives in the area. He might be a neighbor who was targeting the house for robbery. Maybe he saw your friend show up, decided he liked her and had something awful planned.

It doesn’t sound like he was stalking your friend, but something more random. Why not use the gossipy and nosey tendencies of a small town to put the camera footage out there and see who knows him? He sounds off and definitely dangerous and might try this again. The next woman might not be so lucky.

Old 02-24-2023, 11:59 AM

732 posts, read 406,849 times
this was targeted. He knew there was a female in the house, basically alone. she must monitor her surroundings going forward.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
He slashed her tire so she couldn’t escape by car. He def wanted to attack her. Not a stalker though
Stalkers do scary things. He may not have been on her radar but that doesn't mean that he hadn't been noticing her for awhile.

It could be a stalker who has specifically targeted her. It also could be a sex predator looking for a crime of opportunity.

Old 02-24-2023, 04:19 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
A friend is a home health aide. She was staying overnight in a rural area with an elderly man. There was banging on the door and a man claiming to be a neighbor wanted to introduce himself. He said, "open the door, I won't hurt you; I just want to introduce myself."

My friend called the police and they arrived 20 minutes later. Upon investigation, the guy had slashed my friend's tire. Luckily a neighbor had a ring camera that showed the guy slashing her tire BEFORE approaching the door. Also, the video showed he was parked on the road before my friend arrived.

He had obviously targeted this house for some reason. It seems odd he would slash the tire. Does this sound like my friend might have been the target or just a random one?
He was parked on the road before she arrived?

So he knew her schedule. Yes, she's being stalked. She needs a home camera security system like yesterday.

I'm a stranger stalker survivor & was part of the FBI profiling data project during the late 1980's. My stalker was profiled as "a Bundy". I was one of the few victims left alive to be studied for the project.

The problem isn't that he slashed her tire; that'd barely get someone probation. The problem is that he probably had the tool he used to slash her tire in a pocket or in his hand when he knocked on the door. It sounds like the guy hasn't been apprehended yet? She needs to be very, very careful.

Old 02-24-2023, 04:56 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

So he knew her schedule. Yes, she's being stalked. She needs a home camera security system like yesterday.

I'm a stranger stalker survivor & was part of the FBI profiling data project during the late 1980's. My stalker was profiled as "a Bundy". I was one of the few victims left alive to be studied for the project.

The problem isn't that he slashed her tire; that'd barely get someone probation. The problem is that he probably had the tool he used to slash her tire in a pocket or in his hand when he knocked on the door. It sounds like the guy hasn't been apprehended yet? She needs to be very, very careful.

He could have been waiting to rob or kill the old guy and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Does she always stay there at the same place at the same time? If not, he couldn't have been targeting her.

Old 02-25-2023, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

That must have been absolutely terrifying to find out that your stranger stalker was a "Bundy type". That description alone would have made my blood run cold. I'm sure that you sensed that was the case but to have it verified by the experts must have been pretty horrifying. I'm glad you survived that and are doing o.k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime