Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 12:51 PM

365 posts, read 215,289 times

Advertisements

Here's a link to an article that summarises what happened. There are some other articles about the case on the side of the page:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/nicola-bul...125240627.html

Her dog was found distressed. So far the police think she might have fallen in the river and they're employing divers and aerial drones to look for her. It's very early in the investigation but I think it's a particularly interesting considering the circumstances in which she dissapeared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2023, 12:52 PM

EDIT: Her last name is actually Bulley.

Old 02-04-2023, 05:55 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
I wonder how long it takes before a body floats to the surface. She was in a park, people saw her there, her phone was turned on and all of a sudden she's gone. Witnesses saw her but no one heard her scream for help if she fell into the water. Someone said maybe her dog's ball had fallen into the water and she was trying to get it back.

But usually people don't fall into a river in a public park, not that I know of anyway. Doesn't sound like it happens in that park anyway. But that's the only answer I can think of since no one saw her being attacked and she was there and a few minutes later she was not there. No signs of a scuffle. I only wish she could be found alive but it doesn't sound as though that's going to be the end result.

Old 02-05-2023, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I wonder how long it takes before a body floats to the surface. She was in a park, people saw her there, her phone was turned on and all of a sudden she's gone. Witnesses saw her but no one heard her scream for help if she fell into the water. Someone said maybe her dog's ball had fallen into the water and she was trying to get it back.

But usually people don't fall into a river in a public park, not that I know of anyway. Doesn't sound like it happens in that park anyway. But that's the only answer I can think of since no one saw her being attacked and she was there and a few minutes later she was not there. No signs of a scuffle. I only wish she could be found alive but it doesn't sound as though that's going to be the end result.
I think she was in one of those large, wooded and semi-wilderness parks that are widespread here in the UK, especially since she lives in a village. That would make it a lot more likely for her to fall into a river without getting noticed by anyone.

Old 02-05-2023, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronas View Post
Here's a link to an article that summarises what happened. There are some other articles about the case on the side of the page:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/nicola-bul...125240627.html

Her dog was found distressed. So far the police think she might have fallen in the river and they're employing divers and aerial drones to look for her. It's very early in the investigation but I think it's a particularly interesting considering the circumstances in which she dissapeared.
Oh and the police found her phone on the bench next to where they found her dog.

Old 02-06-2023, 06:50 AM

13,619 posts, read 10,022,774 times
Honestly, I'm feeling that the police are covering for someone, and that one of the images of an estate near to the river, looks like the kind of place that a safe house would be.

I'm also feeling at this late stage, that if a body is found, that it may have been put there after she went missing.

Interesting, that this thread is in the true crime section.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 02-06-2023 at 07:00 AM..

Old 02-07-2023, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Honestly, I'm feeling that the police are covering for someone, and that one of the images of an estate near to the river, looks like the kind of place that a safe house would be.

I'm also feeling at this late stage, that if a body is found, that it may have been put there after she went missing.

And what makes you suspect these things?

Old 02-07-2023, 04:01 PM

13,619 posts, read 10,022,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronas View Post
And what makes you suspect these things?
Life, experience, and knowing how bad police can be.

You must have your own suspicions, since you've put this thread in the True Crime section, and falling in a river, isn't a crime.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 02-07-2023 at 04:18 PM..

Old 02-08-2023, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Life, experience, and knowing how bad police can be.

You must have your own suspicions, since you've put this thread in the True Crime section, and falling in a river, isn't a crime.
It's just a hypothesis. Not even the police are claiming that they're 100% certain about it. Plus, mysterious disappearances get put in this section too.

Old 02-11-2023, 01:29 PM

Quote:

I'm beginning to think you're right. Why in the world would they not search that abandoned manor nearby and I'm surprised her husband hasn't demanded it yet...or maybe he has but the media hasn't reported it for some reason.

Another thing, maybe we should move this thread to the paranormal section considering this:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/brother-we...090127882.html

Someone went missing in the same place exactly 45 years before she did. They never discovered what happened to him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime